Rox Speed FX 1 1/8" Handlebar/Riser combo kit
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Rox Speed FX 1 1/8" Handlebar/Riser combo kit within the Grom Reviews, Rides and Impressions forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; First off, huge shoutout to CiscoSanJose for sending Rox Speed FX my way to receive and test out this handlebar/riser combo set. I've had problems ...

Thread: Rox Speed FX 1 1/8" Handlebar/Riser combo kit

is enjoying Grom Life.

Member #

First off, huge shoutout to CiscoSanJose for sending Rox Speed FX my way to receive and test out this handlebar/riser combo set.

I've had problems posting pics from computer in the past, so if these don't work, I'll repost pics from my phone.

Link to kit I received: https://roxspeedfx.com/collections/a...rade-combo-kit

I received the Handlebar and Riser combo kit on Thursday and did a dry mock up Thursday night (dry mock up: installed but no controls/levers, etc).
    IMG_1776.JPG

Once mocked up, I really liked the way they felt and looked. It was after a long day at work and I didn't take a mock up picture. I should of. Having the rotatable risers really helped move the bars forward. I'm 6'3", so that helped immensely. So far I've had the stock bars, which I rotated forward for more room, then ProTaper Honda Mini's which I also rotated forward for more room, and then a set of race bars/clip on style bars. The clip-ons were the furthest forward of the bunch and gave me the most room. With the Rox Risers, I was able to rotate them forward enough to be as roomy as the clip-ons, but able to keep the Rox handlebars flat instead of being rotated to weird angle like the stock and ProTaper bars. This is where I got to my one and only complaint, which comes down to personal preference. I'm sure a lot of people would see this as a bonus, and not a negative, but they were really wide. I thought it was my imagination, so I hopped on my full size bike that also has similar style bars, and the Rox felt wider, so I pulled out the tape measure, and yeah, the Rox bars were 3" wider than my full size bike bars. I live in California, and I (legally) split lanes ALL THE TIME, so width is important to me. I ended up cutting 1.5" inches off each side to make them same width as my ProTaper Honda Minis. I'll say this now, if anyone follows my lead, cut 1" off each side instead of 1.5" like I did. The extra half inch made the controls really tight. Really tight. I got them on and they work, but an extra 1/2" would be really nice haha. The wide bars are super comfortable, and if I lived anywhere but California, I would of left them as they were and not cut any width off. By now I was beat and went to bed.

Overall height is shorter than stock bars, and taller than ProTaper Honda Mini's.

Friday I installed all the controls and Saturday morning I took some pictures before heading out for a Grom ride with the fellas. Like most bars, you have to drill the little hole for the clam shells to be able to close.
    IMG_1789.JPG
    IMG_1791.JPG
    IMG_1796.JPG
    IMG_1794.JPG
    2015 Grom - Black and White Sissy Lala Fart Around Bike
    2014 Honda CB1000R - Black and Gold Beastly Demon
    Instagram: Old_Goat_Ninja

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Maybe you can send them your feed back about maybe making a option handle bar for California riders that split lanes to the width that you found that is correct.

Reason I sent them to you is because I split lanes a lot in the Bay area, plus I have gauges that is on the special cluster setup that might not fit correctly and most of all if someone that can test the product it would be you since you commute to work and should also represent the tall riders.

Hey by the way nice white wall tires, are the front 120/70-12 or 130/70-12, since I'm thinking of buying the same brand with out white walls but I wanted P ratings for the front and they only had L rating for the 120/70 and the 130/70-12 where P rating. The rear will be 140/70-12 on their SR007 model tire

is enjoying Grom Life.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    Maybe you can send them your feed back about maybe making a option handle bar for California riders that split lanes to the width that you found that is correct.

Reason I sent them to you is because I split lanes a lot in the Bay area, plus I have gauges that is on the special cluster setup that might not fit correctly and most of all if someone that can test the product it would be you since you commute to work and should also represent the tall riders.

Hey by the way nice white wall tires, are the front 120/70-12 or 130/70-12, since I'm thinking of buying the same brand with out white walls but I wanted P ratings for the front and they only had L rating for the 120/70 and the 130/70-12 where P rating. The rear will be 140/70-12 on their SR007 model tire
    The front is 120/70 and the rear is 130/70. You can get my same tires without the whitewall, but the exact ones I have I don't think would work good for you. You like to ride to SF and the tires grab all the little grooves on the Bay Bridge. Golden Gate was fine, but Bay Bridge was an uneasy feeling. If you come into SF that way, might not be a good idea.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat Ninja View Post
    The front is 120/70 and the rear is 130/70. You can get my same tires without the whitewall, but the exact ones I have I don't think would work good for you. You like to ride to SF and the tires grab all the little grooves on the Bay Bridge. Golden Gate was fine, but Bay Bridge was an uneasy feeling. If you come into SF that way, might not be a good idea.
    I think the SR007 has a different tire pattern than your tire, yours it looks like a SR723

is enjoying Grom Life.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    I think the SR007 has a different tire pattern than your tire, yours it looks like a SR723
    Yup, great tire, except on the Bay Bridge.

This user has no status.

Member #
    How much stretch is on that swing arm, looks awesome. Wouldn't happen to have a link where I can get one?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

is enjoying Grom Life.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban rider View Post
    How much stretch is on that swing arm, looks awesome. Wouldn't happen to have a link where I can get one?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    Thanks. It's the 4.5" stretch from MNNTHBX.

Sponsored Links