130 vs 140 rear tire
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

130 vs 140 rear tire

This is a discussion on 130 vs 140 rear tire within the Grom Wheels & Tires forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; What are the pros and cons between the 130 vs 140 rear tire? I don't know if this matter but I'm running a 14T front ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: 130 vs 140 rear tire

  1. #1
    Member
    is Leaving the dream!!!
     

    Member #
    22713
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Posts
    40

    130 vs 140 rear tire

    What are the pros and cons between the 130 vs 140 rear tire?

    I don't know if this matter but I'm running a 14T front sprocket and Chimera Intake w/K&N Filter with
    Yoshimura RS-2 Full System.

    Thanks in advance!!!
    Last edited by m2Boost; 08-14-2019 at 10:24 AM.
    m2boost aka Ernie

    '18 Gron Lemon Ice Yellow
    TST Fender Eliminator w/ Integrated turn signals
    Chimera Intake w/K&N Filter

    Yoshimura RS-2 Full System
    Dyno Jet Power Commander V
    and more... to come...

  2. #2
    Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    is Wishing I was riding....
     
    MNNTHBX's Avatar
    Member #
    17
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,764
    The 130 will turn in faster. The vast majority of racers or performance oriented riders run the more narrow tire. The 140s mostly go to riders looking to add a bit of style. Either will work well for daily riders, so it's just a personal preference thing...
    Top Shelf parts & accessories WWW.MNNTHBX.COM

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    is Living the Dream
     

    Member #
    457
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    San Jose Calif
    Posts
    8,040
    Less material equals less weight, 130 is smaller than 140 so less weight.

    I've been running 140 rears since around 2015-16 time frame

    Use to use Michelin power now switched to shinko tires.
    https://www.ebay.com/p/Shinko-87-421...nid=1907933686

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    30470
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    28
    i just ordered a 120/80 for my rear, slightly taller and skinnier than the stock one.

  6. #5
    Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    31676
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    89
    My 140 tire coupled with a 428 chain definitely bogged the bike a little; the chain was a bigger impact than the tire, but the tire did change the final drive a bit.

    I'm hitting about 72 mph with a 12.2 piston and TB cam - with different sprockets and a good straight I imagine 75 would be possible but the stock head is really choking at this point.

  7. #6
    Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    is Wishing I was riding....
     
    MNNTHBX's Avatar
    Member #
    17
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Knoxville TN
    Posts
    1,764
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    Less material equals less weight, 130 is smaller than 140 so less weight.

    I've been running 140 rears since around 2015-16 time frame

    Use to use Michelin power now switched to shinko tires.
    https://www.ebay.com/p/Shinko-87-421...nid=1907933686
    Curious why you wouldn't order tires from us (or any other vendor that directly supports this community) instead of eBay, who doesn't give three craps about you....
    Top Shelf parts & accessories WWW.MNNTHBX.COM

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    4603
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Boyertown
    Odometer
    65
    Posts
    631
    Quote Originally Posted by MNNTHBX View Post
    Curious why you wouldn't order tires from us (or any other vendor that directly supports this community) instead of eBay, who doesn't give three craps about you....
    It's Chaparral Motorsports which is a very reputable company. There are a lot of reputable companies on eBay that offer FREE shipping. I have not ordered from you at this point, but the other "Grom" boutique stores I've ordered from charge outrageous shipping fees and you don't even get free shipping with large purchases. This is the first hobby I've been a part of that doesn't offer free shipping with purchases over $100 or $200.

  9. #8
    Member
    is Leaving the dream!!!
     

    Member #
    22713
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Posts
    40
    Thanks for the reply guys... I will probably stay on the 130's for sure. Even I like the look of the 140 I like the performance and I don't want to give it up for the look.
    50-50 likes this.
    m2boost aka Ernie

    '18 Gron Lemon Ice Yellow
    TST Fender Eliminator w/ Integrated turn signals
    Chimera Intake w/K&N Filter

    Yoshimura RS-2 Full System
    Dyno Jet Power Commander V
    and more... to come...

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    30470
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    It's Chaparral Motorsports which is a very reputable company. There are a lot of reputable companies on eBay that offer FREE shipping. I have not ordered from you at this point, but the other "Grom" boutique stores I've ordered from charge outrageous shipping fees and you don't even get free shipping with large purchases. This is the first hobby I've been a part of that doesn't offer free shipping with purchases over $100 or $200.

    you are straight on point with this. i went to order a new swing arm bolt, originally went to order it from partzilla but when i went to pay the shipping was double the cost of the bolt, and thats shipping from GA to FL. i ordered it off ebay with free shipping for less than the price partzilla wanted to ship it. The irony is, i didn't pay attention to the ebay seller, when the box arrived it came from partzilla's ebay store
    50-50, LordSquirrel and WV_Grom like this.

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    is a squirrel
     
    LordSquirrel's Avatar
    Member #
    28458
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Cleveland
    Posts
    259
    Quote Originally Posted by 240less View Post
    The irony is, i didn't pay attention to the ebay seller, when the box arrived it came from partzilla's ebay store

    I did the exact same thing with a fuel injector. Total came out cheaper than buying it from their store lol.
    50-50 and WV_Grom like this.
    2014 Grom
    Takegawa 143cc kit with S stage cam
    Kitaco clutch cover
    Takegawa oil pump with SUP modded catch
    PCX 150 injector
    SMR 6 disc clutch and 60% springs
    Koso clutch plate
    Opmid temp gauge
    Innovate MTX-L Plus AFR gauge
    EFIE
    Ebay exhaust, intake, and a bunch of other parts
    Seat Concepts seat
    OTB chain adjusters w/ spool
    14T/36T sprockets
    Pirelli SL26 tires

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •