Questions about the Yoshimura exhausts
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Questions about the Yoshimura exhausts within the Honda MSX125 UK forums, part of the Honda MSX125 Forums category; Hi all, I've got some questions about the Yoshi exhaust systems. I cannot find a retailer that sells the RS-2 in this country, or anyone ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 50-50

Thread: Questions about the Yoshimura exhausts

This user has no status.

Member #

Hi all,

I've got some questions about the Yoshi exhaust systems. I cannot find a retailer that sells the RS-2 in this country, or anyone that will ship that particular exhaust here, is there any reason for that? There is a retailer that sells the RS-9 or the R77S, but I'm not sure how good they are. I haven't actually bought the MSX yet, and I'm also a little confused about what model is currently being sold new.. Is there a 2019 model or is the current one older than that?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Airen928 View Post
    Hi all,

I've got some questions about the Yoshi exhaust systems. I cannot find a retailer that sells the RS-2 in this country, or anyone that will ship that particular exhaust here, is there any reason for that? There is a retailer that sells the RS-9 or the R77S, but I'm not sure how good they are. I haven't actually bought the MSX yet, and I'm also a little confused about what model is currently being sold new.. Is there a 2019 model or is the current one older than that?
    Hi, and welcome to the forum.
    I wouldn't be too concerned about exhausts until I got a Grom first. However, I did order a TOCE exhaust the day after I got mine. I like it better than Yosh's, but only because I don't care for the look of "beer can" exhausts. But that's just a matter of personal taste so there's no right or wrong choice.
    2018 GROM: Modified for reliability longevity gas mileage... and fun.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    I can't get it out of Yoshimura what the difference in power between the RS-2 and R-77. They told me it's the same and I simply don't believe it. The RS-2 has the loop and it's longer so theoretically it would have better low and mid whereas the shorter R-77 would theoretically have more top end.

I just installed my RS-2 tonight without the baffle and it sounds like I expect Yoshis to sound - awesome!

tooter likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    I can't get it out of Yoshimura what the difference in power between the RS-2 and R-77. They told me it's the same and I simply don't believe it. The RS-2 has the loop and it's longer so theoretically it would have better low and mid whereas the shorter R-77 would theoretically have more top end.

I just installed my RS-2 tonight without the baffle and it sounds like I expect Yoshis to sound - awesome!
    Where did you get your RS-2 Exhaust, I can't find anyone that ships to the UK?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Where did you get your RS-2 Exhaust, I can't find anyone that ships to the UK?
    I got mine on eBay. It does not have the O2 bung, but he may have the new styles by now. I'm not sure.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F123200559233

I did a quick look and, you're right, the RS-2 is out of stock everywhere I checked in the UK. Maybe it's a lull in the supply chain between the old version without O2 bung and the new version with the O2 bung?

This user has no status.

Member #
    I'm actually having trouble finding ANY exhausts that will ship to the UK at the moment..

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    I'm actually having trouble finding ANY exhausts that will ship to the UK at the moment..
    Very odd. Are there any scooter shops or small displacement motorcycle shops over there? I'd check with them.

Sponsored Links