DubSolo's re-BUILD and other shit... - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

DubSolo's re-BUILD and other shit...

This is a discussion on DubSolo's re-BUILD and other shit... within the Grom Builds forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Originally Posted by dubSolo 37tooth Vortex sprocket... wheel tape I took the rims off to apply, the brand I use has rim size specific tape ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: DubSolo's re-BUILD and other shit...

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by dubSolo View Post
    37tooth Vortex sprocket... wheel tape I took the rims off to apply, the brand I use has rim size specific tape that come in qtr round sections.

This size has four sections makes it ez to keep straight...

I think this blue would look badass on your grom https://www.amazon.com/customTAYLOR3...a-744688697189
    Ah all aluminum Vortex? I was hoping they made hybrids (aluminum center, but steel teeth) for the Grom, but I couldn't find one.

Thanks for the link on the decals. They probably would look cool.

How much did that swingarm cost shipped to your door? I really like it.

Yeah I was suprised only one year warranty on the frame, something like that should be covered longer. Im just glad it worked out in my favor
    I better take mine to the dealer to show them rust before my warranty is up then.

is 8.5.Zer0's Fastest!Grom

Member #
    Florida, Respect the Locals and our Beach!
    Odometer
    Yeah all aluminum, the RS8 superlites are probly best choice for longevity and strength.

Swingarm was $158.00 shipped to my door and took about a week to get. When going to website add to cart, the price shows more than what you will actually pay... My total was like $18 cheaper than what cart total showed, price came down on the item but shipping stayed at $35.00

https://www.motorkit.com/en/5087-swi...-msx-grom-?p=1
    50-50 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Yeah all aluminum, the RS8 superlites are probly best choice for longevity and strength.

Swingarm was $158.00 shipped to my door and took about a week to get. When going to website add to cart, the price shows more than what you will actually pay... My total was like $18 cheaper than what cart total showed, price came down on the item but shipping stayed at $35.00

https://www.motorkit.com/en/5087-swi...-msx-grom-?p=1
    That's honestly cheap. Gel seats are about the same price. I may have to pick one up for a winter project.

Does the Kepspeed swinger come with a chain slider? I don't see one in their photos and the chain would destroy that pretty aluminum.
    Last edited by 50-50; 10-11-2019 at 02:55 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    That's honestly cheap
    Cheap... Naw you mean its inexspensive lol

I was reluctant at which brand to go with other than G-Craft, but my wallet hates me sooooo...

After researching and asking on FB groups no real feedback other than Spyker and those Msx accessories Ali-Express type brands, Kepspeed looked to be better quality.

Originally was going to go with Mnnthbx swingarm bushing kit but the cost of the bushings the tool set to install and shipping
    was fairly close in cost as the Keepspeed swingarm which comes with needle bearings, looks better than stock and alot lighter.

is dialing in the bike for my
    wife !

Member #
    Odometer
    3400 km
    I missed out on exchange rate fluctuation on the kepspeed - it was US$118 before. $148 shipped. I'm now waiting for it to hopefully come back down in price and I'll get one too.
    2015 OG Grom in Yellow - AODRacing high mount exhaust, ContiScoot tires, EBC HH front pads, RideItMoto levers, Renthal kevlar grips, Road low bars, CJR ECU, TB cam, MNNTHBX Mtake, Outerwears, Koso temp gauge, short shift linkage, TST sliders, Aliexpress tail tidy, Aliexpress 'Rizoma' axle sliders, FXCNC rearsets with GP shift

Pending - oil cooler, CoreMoto braided lines, kepspeed swingarm

This user has no status.

Member #
    I had my chain adjusted too tight and it broke the chain slider off. I ended up drilling a couple holes and putting the stock chain slider on it. The wheel doesn't look straight when the hash marks are lined up on mine. I just line it up by eye and ignore the hash marks. They didn't have the black one in stock when I ordered so I got the shiny one. I think it was around $130 when I got mine.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    Does the Kepspeed swinger come with a chain slider? I don't see one in their photos and the chain would destroy that pretty aluminum.
    This one has a little black plastic-type pad closest to sprocket, wish it was longer though. Havent put chain on yet so I'll be mindful to see if its properly placed, I'll try to remember to take a picture for you.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN Grom View Post
    I missed out on exchange rate fluctuation on the kepspeed - it was US$118 before. $148 shipped. I'm now waiting for it to hopefully come back down in price and I'll get one too.
    What color you plan on getting? I almost went with the raw aluminum with brace, but wasnt sure if I would like the look of the angle the brace gives.

is dialing in the bike for my
    wife !

Member #
    Odometer
    3400 km
    I was planning on silver without brace. Stock swingarm is black so wanted the contrast.
    dubSolo likes this.
    2015 OG Grom in Yellow - AODRacing high mount exhaust, ContiScoot tires, EBC HH front pads, RideItMoto levers, Renthal kevlar grips, Road low bars, CJR ECU, TB cam, MNNTHBX Mtake, Outerwears, Koso temp gauge, short shift linkage, TST sliders, Aliexpress tail tidy, Aliexpress 'Rizoma' axle sliders, FXCNC rearsets with GP shift

Pending - oil cooler, CoreMoto braided lines, kepspeed swingarm

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    The wheel doesn't look straight when the hash marks are lined up on mine. I just line it up by eye and ignore the hash marks. They didn't have the black one in stock when I ordered so I got the shiny one. I think it was around $130 when I got mine.
    WTF? for real... Im going take a digital caliper to it and make my own hash marks if necessary, thanks for the heads up.

How long ago did you get yours? If its been a while hopefully the quality has gotten better.

Also thinking about putting stock chain gaurd on but not to sure about drilling into the swing arm.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN Grom View Post
    I was planning on silver without brace. Stock swingarm is black so wanted the contrast.
    I like the contrast look as well, look forward to when you post pics.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links