Many mods, no difference ?? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Many mods, no difference ??

This is a discussion on Many mods, no difference ?? within the Grom Builds forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Originally Posted by MNNTHBX I'm not a "speed spacers" fan. Once seals heat up, they have very little resistance, and those "spacers" present plenty of ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Many mods, no difference ??

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by MNNTHBX View Post
    I'm not a "speed spacers" fan. Once seals heat up, they have very little resistance, and those "spacers" present plenty of opportunity to contaminate good bearings...
    The bearing contamination has always been my concern. At least one Grom shop agrees with me.

Quote Originally Posted by dubSolo View Post
    Told David at DHM it was his fault, his components were to much power for this little grom frame lol... Truth after getting Honda involved several pics and the Dealership being adament, even though I was 4months out of warranty Honda did the right thing and came to the conclusion poor QC!

It had Cracked at the hub where the swing arm bolt goes thru the rearsets and frame, the bead weld around it came undone and pieces of the frame were breaking away.

They replaced the frame but local legend Zack Demboske is doing the swap, i dont trust the dealer with my shit they dont seem to care about torque specs lol
    That sucks. I'm appalled that my stock frame is already rusting. Do you have a way to contact Honda? If so, please PM it to me!

is 8.5.Zer0's Fastest!Grom

Member #
    Florida, Respect the Locals and our Beach!
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    Do you have a way to contact Honda? If so, please PM it to me!
    Honda Motor Co. 866-784-1870

This user has no status.

Member #
    Flashed ECU from CJR and a dingerbuilt short intake made a considerable difference for me! Other mods before that hadn’t really made any difference to power. Got a 140/70/12 power pure on the rear and one up on rear sprocket too, which may make some difference! Can hit 65+ easily now on my 2018 Grom 👍🏻

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by dubSolo View Post
    Honda Motor Co. 866-784-1870
    Thanks.

I was hoping for an email because who has time to call companies during the week? Not me. I think that's why companies don't give out emails. They want less people to bother them.

is 8.5.Zer0's Fastest!Grom

Member #
    Florida, Respect the Locals and our Beach!
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    Thanks.

I was hoping for an email because who has time to call companies during the week? Not me. I think that's why companies don't give out emails. They want less people to bother them.
    I called Honda First, that guy took all my info found me in their system thru my vin. Documented my issue then said I would need to contact my dealership cause I was out of warranty.

Took my grom to dealership I purchased from, they took a bunch of pics of the broken area as well as top and bottom of swingarm where chain slides along the swingarm guard. Waited a week for a honda rep to come out, a week later dealer called with new frame.

YES even the new frame comes with that surface rust that seems to creep from the crevices, I think who ever honda has at the factory doesnt know how to properly use the acetone lol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links