CDN Grom - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

CDN Grom

This is a discussion on CDN Grom within the Grom Builds forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; New sprocket cover. I need the clearance for the shifter arm to do GP shift conversion. Not the prettiest but I couldn't justify the cost ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: CDN Grom

is dialing in the bike for my
    wife !

Member #
    Odometer
    3400 km
    New sprocket cover. I need the clearance for the shifter arm to do GP shift conversion.

Not the prettiest but I couldn't justify the cost of the Driven piece - they are much nicer looking though for sure.

I removed the extra teeth to try and keep it cleaner looking...

2015 OG Grom in Yellow - AODRacing loop exhaust, ContiScoot tires, EBC HH front pads, RideItMoto levers, Renthal kevlar grips, Road low bars, CJR ECU, TB cam, MNNTHBX Mtake, Outerwears, Koso temp gauge, short shift linkage, TST sliders, Aliexpress tail tidy, Aliexpress axle sliders

Pending - oil cooler, CoreMoto braided lines, high mount exhaust, rearsets and GP shift conversion

is Living the Dream

Member #
    I like the idea you can see the front sprocket to check on the two mount bolts are there.
    CDN Grom likes this.

wife !

Member #
    Odometer
    3400 km
    Left side finished...

2015 OG Grom in Yellow - AODRacing loop exhaust, ContiScoot tires, EBC HH front pads, RideItMoto levers, Renthal kevlar grips, Road low bars, CJR ECU, TB cam, MNNTHBX Mtake, Outerwears, Koso temp gauge, short shift linkage, TST sliders, Aliexpress tail tidy, Aliexpress axle sliders

Pending - oil cooler, CoreMoto braided lines, high mount exhaust, rearsets and GP shift conversion

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

wife !

Member #
    Odometer
    3400 km
    And right side. Looking forward to the commute tomorrow

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hi CND,

See if you notice any extra chain noise with the cover fitted, I put one on and when decelerating on mine you can hear the chain on the sprocket sounding like it's dry even though it's properly lubricated. I'm interested to see if yours sounds the same.

Regards Davey.
    Following VR|46 and all things Moto GP.

wife !

Member #
    Odometer
    3400 km
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey K View Post
    Hi CND,

See if you notice any extra chain noise with the cover fitted, I put one on and when decelerating on mine you can hear the chain on the sprocket sounding like it's dry even though it's properly lubricated. I'm interested to see if yours sounds the same.

Regards Davey.
    Hey Davey,

No, no difference. Maybe you need a louder exhaust?

Joke aside, is that the only thing you changed when you noticed the new noise? The OE cover is fully enclosed and would suppress more noise. Also, check the new spacers for any signs of the chain hitting. Sounds to me like your chain could be on loose side and it's climbing up on the sprocket on deceleration and hitting the spacers.
    Davey K likes this.

wife !

Member #
    Odometer
    3400 km
    Better pic of right side.

I need to adjust shift linkage. Was late last night and the pedal is too high. I will probably move arm forward one notch on splines too. The shorter arm makes neutral harder to find. Hoping revised geometry will improve that.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Cheers for the reply, yea i'll turn the radio up a bit louder from now on or buy another man in the box pipe.

wife !

Member #
    Odometer
    3400 km
    Quote Originally Posted by Davey K View Post
    Cheers for the reply, yea i'll turn the radio up a bit louder from now on or buy another man in the box pipe.
    Check the chain slack though, and whether chain is hitting the spacers? Just to eliminate those possible causes...

This user has no status.

Member #
    Will do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links