CDN Grom - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

CDN Grom

This is a discussion on CDN Grom within the Grom Builds forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; GP shift conversion Rearsets install was a failure due to lack of clearance with low mount exhaust so had to revert to a mod I’ve ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: CDN Grom

is dialing in the bike for my
    wife !

Member #
    Odometer
    3400 km
    GP shift conversion

Rearsets install was a failure due to lack of clearance with low mount exhaust so had to revert to a mod I’ve seen a couple guys do on YouTube.

I replaced linkage with leftover heim joint rod ends I had on hand. To convert to GP shift using stock linkage, the arm has to be rotated basically CCW 90° and then it is supposed to work. I added Aliexpress shifter brace while at it. Wasn’t very happy with the actuation while playing with it in reverse shift mode late last night but just took it up the street and it does work. Quite decently but I think I still want to do a proper linkage setup with the arm flipped rather than this…
    Last edited by CDN Grom; 09-07-2019 at 07:23 PM.
    2015 OG Grom in Yellow - AODRacing loop exhaust, ContiScoot tires, EBC HH front pads, RideItMoto levers, Renthal kevlar grips, Road low bars, CJR ECU, TB cam, MNNTHBX Mtake, Outerwears, Koso temp gauge, short shift linkage, TST sliders, Aliexpress tail tidy, Aliexpress axle sliders

Pending - oil cooler, CoreMoto braided lines, high mount exhaust, rearsets and GP shift conversion

wife !

Member #
    Odometer
    3400 km
    Vids

2015 OG Grom in Yellow - AODRacing loop exhaust, ContiScoot tires, EBC HH front pads, RideItMoto levers, Renthal kevlar grips, Road low bars, CJR ECU, TB cam, MNNTHBX Mtake, Outerwears, Koso temp gauge, short shift linkage, TST sliders, Aliexpress tail tidy, Aliexpress axle sliders

Pending - oil cooler, CoreMoto braided lines, high mount exhaust, rearsets and GP shift conversion

wife !

Member #
    Odometer
    3400 km
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN Grom View Post
    GP shift conversion

Rearsets install was a failure due to lack of clearance with low mount exhaust so had to revert to a mod I’ve seen a couple guys do on YouTube.

I replaced linkage with leftover heim joint rod ends I had on hand. To convert to GP shift using stock linkage, the arm has to be rotated basically CCW 90° and then it is supposed to work. I added Aliexpress shifter brace while at it. Wasn’t very happy with the actuation while playing with it in reverse shift mode late last night but just took it up the street and it does work. Quite decently but I think I still want to do a proper linkage setup with the arm flipped rather than this…
    this is no bueno - will be reverting to stock but keeping my new link piece...

it does work but requires too much throw and is a bit vague. If in neutral and go to confirm in first, shifter goes way high etc. Will go back to stock and try again with properly 180° flipped shifter arm.

CDN Grom-img_20190902_150434.jpgCDN Grom-img_20190902_150428.jpgCDN Grom-img_20190902_150411.jpg

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

wife !

Member #
    Odometer
    3400 km
    Swapped back to stock setup but using the new hole in the arm so 'short shift kit'. Will keep this way for now.
    ​​​​​​​

Last edited by CDN Grom; 09-07-2019 at 07:17 PM.

wife !

Member #
    Odometer
    3400 km
    Installed a Koso temperature gauge tonight.

Straightforward and simple to install. Wasn't sure how to hook up the power, but watched Hard Racing's video of the opmid variant and discovered those come with a piggy back adapter... Took a few extra minutes to make my own.

Had I realized, that might have swayed my decision to go with the other brand but the clincher was the display and illumination on the Koso. Everyone says it's easy to read in the sun.

Not sure if going to run it in Celsius or Fahrenheit yet. Weather here referenced in °C but oil and engine temps always seem to be °F.

Haven't fired it up yet, that has to wait for the morning commute

is fiddling with RZ350's now!

Member #
    Odometer
    Well done!
    CDN Grom likes this.
    2018 Grom
    Koso 170 4V/34mm TB/Koso injector/ DIY intake/ aRacer Mini5 + AF1 + DG1
    Koso pump & chain tensioner/ Stock clutch ring / 60% stiffer springs
    Takegawa Crank Support Bearing / Takegawa Catch Can / Kitaco Clutch cover
    Clear cam sprocket cover/ Egay oil Cooler
    Ohlins F&R / Hindle exhaust w DB killer / Galfer brake line w EBC HH Pads
    Pro Taper grips, G2 throttle tube / Gromfatherz axle spacers
    Kepspeed alum. swingarm / Bar end mirror, RAM mount, USB Port
    Seat Concepts / Opmid V2

wife !

Member #
    Odometer
    3400 km
    New helmet lock.

I couldn't be bothered to re&re the seat when I park to attach a helmet on the factory hook...

C$15.55 to the door

Last edited by CDN Grom; 09-10-2019 at 10:16 PM.

wife !

Member #
    Odometer
    3400 km
    New exhaust day. Turns out was timely as the mount on the Aodonly loop header had broken off... Likely because the muffler to rearset mount bolt fell off recently so there would have been extra strain on the header mount.

Anyhow, AliExpress special, C$128 delivered which is about US$100.

Will packaged, welds look decent, genuine carbon fiber can.

Muffler is universal and too large a bore for the bike however and I'll need to run the included baffle I think. I'm worried about heat on the turn signal but maybe it will be ok. I'll test it out tomorrow morning.

I may reuse the previous muffler which has a deeper tone, but it's even closer to the signal.
    Last edited by CDN Grom; 09-13-2019 at 06:35 AM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Your old exhaust would likely have lasted if it had a slip fit joint in the loop to allow movement for engine vibration. I run two different exhausts and the short one with no joint transmits far more vibration to the frame than the long one with the joint.
    2018 GROM: Modified for reliability longevity gas mileage... and fun.

wife !

Member #
    Odometer
    3400 km
    New header is also one piece. I'm wondering if it will also suffer a similar fate?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links