Absidia’s Adventure Grom Build
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Absidia’s Adventure Grom Build within the Grom Builds forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; This is the start of my adventure Grom build. I quickly realized how versatile this little bike is, from loading it in and out of ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By absidia
  • 1 Post By tooter

Thread: Absidia’s Adventure Grom Build

This user has no status.

Member #

This is the start of my adventure Grom build. I quickly realized how versatile this little bike is, from loading it in and out of my truck to just about any terrain in a reasonable fashion. Then is struck me, why not build it into a little adventure bike? So far just some Maxxis Tires and Chimera intake. Does 55 on the flats and 60-63 in a tuck. Up next, some electrical work, paint and custom removable luggage racks. Fuel economy seems a bit low, 75-85 on a tank, but that may be due to my riding style.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Absidia’s Adventure Grom Build-1ec95e12-7a29-4305-96a2-128038b535b4_1562649936331.jpeg  
    50-50 likes this.
    ---
    2018 Grom
    2017 RAM 6.7 diesel, 1978 German Ford Capri, Jeep Wrangler and others. Oh, and horses. Like the living kind.

Former two stroke moped nut.
    ---

This user has no status.

Member #
    I forgot to mention I upgraded to a Corbin seat pretty much immediately. Way more comfortable and can sit way back for a tuck of stretch.
    ---
    2018 Grom
    2017 RAM 6.7 diesel, 1978 German Ford Capri, Jeep Wrangler and others. Oh, and horses. Like the living kind.

Former two stroke moped nut.
    ---

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    If you want to trim off 4 pounds of weight from your adventure bike for free, I highly recommend the stock exhaust mod. The engine hardly sounds any louder, just a little more deep and mellow, and you don't have that big can hanging off the side of your bike.

Last edited by tooter; 07-08-2019 at 11:42 PM.
    absidia likes this.
    2018 GROM: Modified for reliability longevity gas mileage... and fun.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tooter View Post
    If you want to trim off 4 pounds of weight from your adventure bike for free, I highly recommend the stock exhaust mod. The engine hardly sounds any louder, just a little more deep and mellow, and you don't have that big can hanging off the side of your bike.
    I think I'll give that a shot! That has been part of my quandary over exhausts, don't want anything more hanging down. This seems like it will so well for now!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer

Sponsored Links