Looking for a rack and adaptor package with givi for grom 2017
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Looking for a rack and adaptor package with givi for grom 2017

This is a discussion on Looking for a rack and adaptor package with givi for grom 2017 within the Grom Builds forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; I was looking for a top box for my grom 2017. I am interested in Givi Outback Trekker 42L aluminium box: I have only time ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By FuriousD

Thread: Looking for a rack and adaptor package with givi for grom 2017

This user has no status.

Member #

Question Looking for a rack and adaptor package with givi for grom 2017

I was looking for a top box for my grom 2017. I am interested in Givi Outback Trekker 42L aluminium box: I have only time to shop once a week and my bike is the only means of travel, unless I get a taxi, which is inconvenient and expensive. I always end up buying more than fits into my rucksack. At the time I researched for top boxes I decided that Givi was the best brand suited to my needs, especially one that is square shaped and made of aluminium, because of the harsh climate that destroys plastic pretty quickly. Moreover, I need somewhere to store my helmet that is out of rain and out of sight: I have already one helmet stolen: compare that here the average price is $20 and the quality to go with it. Compare that to a $200 helmet that passes EU safety laws and the fact that I cannot find any helmet that is my size... You see why I don't want to leave it balancing on a side mirror in the view of few hundred other bikers!

Last year I found only one company - in US - that sold a bracket + adaptor and monokey plate (I cannot remember which, monoblock or monokey, but I think the latter). The adaptor basically replaced the tail and allowed remounting of tail lights and number plate. The great thing about it was that the different parts were guaranteed to fit together - very important when you cannot return anything and you have to wait for years to buy another one. Best of all, the company provided both videos as well as written instructions of how to install the rack+adaptor with electrics + monolock plate. This is very important, because I live in Cambodia and the engineers are not as proficient in English (if they can speak it at all) so as to understand the written instructions.

(My Grom is made in Thailand but I assume it is basically the same as US model: for example, indicator lights are the same in UK, except in UK model the plastic is orange instead of the light bulb).

I bookmarked the website and the videos but Windows update bricked my laptop - and now I cannot find the vendor any more. I cannot even find the email where I told a bike accessories vendor about the website. :`(

The company will not export stuff to Cambodia but I recon I can import it to UK next month and then bring it with me as personal luggage... and ask a bike repair shop to install it for me.
    Last edited by claptrap; 05-20-2019 at 10:30 PM.

is loving Grom life!

Member #
    Odometer
    So you're trying to find out who the vendor was? I think Vagabond has what you're looking for.

https://www.vagabondmotorsports.com/
    50-50 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    The Vagabond rack looks pretty good in person too. I saw one on a used Grom at a local dealership.

Sponsored Links