Build: Bonafyd's Grom - Page 6
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Bonafyd's Grom

This is a discussion on Bonafyd's Grom within the Grom Builds forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; I installed driven engine plugs, picked up a H2C fly screen cover and a set of grom fatherz speed spacers i'm trying to find lightweight ...

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Bonafyd's Grom

This user has no status.

Member #
    I installed driven engine plugs, picked up a H2C fly screen cover and a set of grom fatherz speed spacers i'm trying to find lightweight axles i'm thinking either kitaco or waiting for DHM to sort out the titanium ones.. any other companies make lightweight axles??
    Djezspin and 50-50 like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Sooo I decided to go gull carbon on the Grom and ordered all the carbon body pieces Hot Bodies offers except the fender and rear hugger..
    first i ordered the light bezel, tank trim and rear cowl piece, then my OCD kicked in so i ordered the 2 side pieces to complete the look. i'm on the fence about the front fender and rear hugger, i'll probably end up getting them anyway and probably do a paint scheme o the front fender something like a two tone look but for now I'm content.
    50-50 and Djezspin like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    The carbon is done.. now I turn my attention to rearsets, suspension, swingarm and wheels..

Funny thing is I went to Bike week over Memorial weekend and couldn't stop thinking and talking about my Grom.
    the best part is I converted one of my club members
    He picked up a spanking new 19 Grom and already did mods.. I tried talking him into a different exhaust but he wasn't budging, the exhaust came and the bracket is kinda weird and the exhaust sits low.. either way he has a Grom so now I have a local riding buddy!!

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is hiding the credit card from
    the Grom!!

Member #
    Odometer
    CF looks good with that red.

As for your buddies exhaust, that looks an awful lot like my Zoom Loop exhaust I had. And if it is anything like the Zoom exhaust that bracket from the rearset to can was for a OG model install. My Zoom can attached directly to the rearset and didn't sit as low as your buddies exhaust. You may want to take a look at that and ensure it is correct. Pretty sure no one would make an exhaust that sits so low.
    2017 Grom
    Koso 4V GF Ported / Drowsports 181 piston / Takegawa Oil Pump, Cam Chain Tensioner, Crank Support Kit & Catch Can
    Koso 34mm TB GF Ported / DynoJet PCV, WB2 & AFR / GF Manual Cam Chain Adjuster
    Drow Sports CF Intake & Oil Cooler / Hindle Exhaust / OPMID 2 Temp Gauge
    Kitaco Clutch Cover / SMR 6 Disc Clutch & 60% Springs / Chimera Clutch Plate
    RacingBros Adj Fork Kit and Shicane HLR Shock / Vagabond Fender Eliminator
    Seat Concepts

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Djezspin View Post
    CF looks good with that red.

As for your buddies exhaust, that looks an awful lot like my Zoom Loop exhaust I had. And if it is anything like the Zoom exhaust that bracket from the rearset to can was for a OG model install. My Zoom can attached directly to the rearset and didn't sit as low as your buddies exhaust. You may want to take a look at that and ensure it is correct. Pretty sure no one would make an exhaust that sits so low.
    Thanks.. the exhaust looks exactly like the Zoom exhaust, i'll have him look into the setup.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Nice carbon fiber, keep us posted and ride safe
    Bonafyd likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I picked up a lightweight lithium battery, G2 quick turn throttle, driven racing sprocket and valve covers, and some daytona horizontal mirrors this is my 3rd set on the Grom also me and my friend swapped seats my NOI "bride" for his NOI carbon look.
    Last edited by Bonafyd; 06-11-2019 at 07:55 PM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    The carbon fiber looks awesome! How's the fit and finish?

Your buddy's exhaust looks terrible. Hopefully it lasts longer than it looks like it will.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    The carbon fiber looks awesome! How's the fit and finish?

Your buddy's exhaust looks terrible. Hopefully it lasts longer than it looks like it will.
    Thanks, they fit real good.. I told my boy not to buy that exhaust, I made sure to remind him that I told him not to buy it.
    50-50 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    More parts..

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsored Links