Build: Bonafyd's Grom - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Bonafyd's Grom

This is a discussion on Bonafyd's Grom within the Grom Builds forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; The stock seat does suck. I hate that it tries to jam your sack against the tank. It's a fight to stay back on the ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Bonafyd's Grom

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    The stock seat does suck. I hate that it tries to jam your sack against the tank. It's a fight to stay back on the seat. Which brand of seat did you get?

Did your Harley friends disown you for getting a Grom? That's what I don't like about the typical Harley guys. The whole "If it's not a Harley it's not a bike" thing turns me off. Heck, I have a Harley built Buell yet most Harley guys wouldn't give me the time of the day. If it has wheels and an engine I'm cool with it.

After getting on my Buell last night just to push it around it felt like a pig despite the fact that it's a "light" Harley. The Grom makes me want to get some small bore, extremely light bike like a KTM Duke 390.
    Djezspin likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    The stock seat does suck. I hate that it tries to jam your sack against the tank. It's a fight to stay back on the seat. Which brand of seat did you get?

Did your Harley friends disown you for getting a Grom? That's what I don't like about the typical Harley guys. The whole "If it's not a Harley it's not a bike" thing turns me off. Heck, I have a Harley built Buell yet most Harley guys wouldn't give me the time of the day. If it has wheels and an engine I'm cool with it.

After getting on my Buell last night just to push it around it felt like a pig despite the fact that it's a "light" Harley. The Grom makes me want to get some small bore, extremely light bike like a KTM Duke 390.
    Yeah i agree i have to keep standing up on the bike to fix my sack lol..
    None of my Harley friends know about the my Grom yet but my club is having a bike blessing in a few weeks and i don't live far from the clubhouse so it'll be interesting when I bring it out, i could careless what they think but i'm preparing my comeback jokes so it should be a funny few minutes.
    50-50 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Clutch cover and oil pump came in, my tyga belly pan is at the post office that should be here today..
    my wife and kids are going outta town so this weekend should produce some results

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    So i ended up taking the day off and decided to work on the Grom, I installed the Kitaco Cover, Takegawa super oil pump, Chimera intake and flashed the ECU with the dynojet power vision 3. now i'm waiting on the mailman for the tyga bellypan.

Djezspin and 50-50 like this.

is a centrifugal oil filter
    fetishist

Member #
    I would have thrown 3 stiffer (+60%) Kitaco clutch springs in there, I think it's my favorite cheap mod on the 125 stockish engine.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I would have thrown 3 stiffer (+60%) Kitaco clutch springs in there, I think it's my favorite cheap mod on the 125 stockish engine.
    I thought about doing it but i'm a little scared since i've seen some people snapping the bolts, i'll get around to them when i swap out the clutch.

I ordered the OTB see through camshaft cover.. I might have to stay off the internet cause i keep finding cool things for this Grom I'm on the hunt for a mild cam now.
    Tyga under cowl is on, i'm gonna ride it like this for a few days to feel the"power" then install the 14t front sprocket.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Don't worry about cost, once you get all the parts working and you ride it everyday, you'll be surprise how cheap it is to fill up, "under $5 a week on 91 octane" if you have a BBK kit or just use plain 87 octane for stockers.

right now with all the money I save on gas with out using my Tundra 4x4, RX7 or any of the other MC, I now buy Rib-eye roast from Costco and Aki tuna for making Poki, and I can play the Lottery more often.

Oh don't ask me how much I spend on performance parts for the grom, lets just say I could EZ-ly have bought a KTM super duke 1290.

My bed room is now my parts bin for my groms.

is hiding the credit card from
    the Grom!!

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonafyd View Post
    I thought about doing it but i'm a little scared since i've seen some people snapping the bolts, i'll get around to them when i swap out the clutch.
    Well when the time comes...I'm running the SMR 60% springs, SMR 6 disc clutch and the Chimera plate. And not one issue with over 2k miles.
    2017 Grom
    Koso 4V GF Ported / Drowsports 181 piston / Takegawa Oil Pump, Cam Chain Tensioner, Crank Support Kit & Catch Can
    Koso 34mm TB GF Ported / DynoJet PCV, WB2 & AFR / GF Manual Cam Chain Adjuster
    Drow Sports CF Intake & Oil Cooler / Hindle Exhaust / OPMID 2 Temp Gauge
    Kitaco Clutch Cover / SMR 6 Disc Clutch & 60% Springs / Chimera Clutch Plate
    RacingBros Adj Fork Kit and Shicane HLR Shock / Vagabond Fender Eliminator
    Seat Concepts

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    Don't worry about cost, once you get all the parts working and you ride it everyday, you'll be surprise how cheap it is to fill up, "under $5 a week on 91 octane" if you have a BBK kit or just use plain 87 octane for stockers.

right now with all the money I save on gas with out using my Tundra 4x4, RX7 or any of the other MC, I now buy Rib-eye roast from Costco and Aki tuna for making Poki, and I can play the Lottery more often.

Oh don't ask me how much I spend on performance parts for the grom, lets just say I could EZ-ly have bought a KTM super duke 1290.

My bed room is now my parts bin for my groms.
    Yeah i filled up the bike with 93oct for $3.40. I'm not gonna worry about the part i'm just gonna enjoy this thing, it's so much fun..
    I can see my Harley sitting a good part of this year out except for long distance rides lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Djezspin View Post
    Well when the time comes...I'm running the SMR 60% springs, SMR 6 disc clutch and the Chimera plate. And not one issue with over 2k miles.
    I'll look into those parts, the clutch springs are so damn soft but i'll get around to it pretty soon.

is a centrifugal oil filter
    fetishist

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonafyd View Post
    I'll look into those parts, the clutch springs are so damn soft but i'll get around to it pretty soon.
    You'll be fine with stock parts (plate and discs) and stiffer springs. 3 stiffer springs under the bolts already make a big difference and 99% of the broken plates come from bad install.
    I'm running 6 stiffer springs with stock everything else on a 4 valve, never had a problem with it. My 4 valve setup certainly isn't making much more than 20HP but it's pretty torquey.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links