Removing Decompression Lobe - Cam Shaft
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Removing Decompression Lobe - Cam Shaft within the Grom Builds forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; I recently installed a tb186 bbk, chimera intake, ym1001 injector, pv3 with map, and Tb cam. When trying to start it feels a little sluggish. ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By kc4sox
  • 2 Post By solidjohnny

Thread: Removing Decompression Lobe - Cam Shaft

This user has no status.

Member #

I recently installed a tb186 bbk, chimera intake, ym1001 injector, pv3 with map, and Tb cam. When trying to start it feels a little sluggish. I’ve gotten it to almost crank over and start but I just get a poof followed by a small black cloud rising out of the intake. I think this is happening because I didn’t transfer the decomposition lobe onto the new cam. Any help or advice on what could be the problem or what the best way to switch the decompression lobe over would be much appreciated.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Dont bother, I ran a decomp lobe on my kitaco cam on my 164cc and it really didnt make starting any easier. What will is a quality battery with a good amount of cranking amps.

If you do really want to move it over, The end bearing is just pressed on. I grabbed the decomp lobe in a vise and tapped the cam out of the bearing, then reversed the process to put it on.

~Ben H

is Dragin them Knees

Member #
    I also installed the TB 186 recently. Give it time. At first my bike was really sluggish, now it fires right up.
    Djezspin likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is wishing I could keep all the
    bikes I've owned.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyKD View Post
    I recently installed a tb186 bbk, chimera intake, ym1001 injector, pv3 with map, and Tb cam. When trying to start it feels a little sluggish. I’ve gotten it to almost crank over and start but I just get a poof followed by a small black cloud rising out of the intake. I think this is happening because I didn’t transfer the decomposition lobe onto the new cam. Any help or advice on what could be the problem or what the best way to switch the decompression lobe over would be much appreciated.
    You can always keep the bike in gear, roll backwards to get the engine off the compression stroke. Then it will start up easy.
    Djezspin and MSX UD ITA like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    It seems like there is always one more thing to buy, THEN I’ll really notice a difference in performance.

is hiding the credit card from
    the Grom!!

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by kc4sox View Post
    I also installed the TB 186 recently. Give it time. At first my bike was really sluggish, now it fires right up.
    What KC said... the rings and cylinder need to break in with each other. Keep the bike on a charger overnight while the bbk breaks in.
    2017 Grom
    Koso 4V GF Ported / Drowsports 181 piston / Takegawa Oil Pump, Cam Chain Tensioner, Crank Support Kit & Catch Can
    Koso 34mm TB GF Ported / DynoJet PCV, WB2 & AFR / GF Manual Cam Chain Adjuster
    Drow Sports CF Intake & Oil Cooler / Hindle Exhaust / OPMID 2 Temp Gauge
    Kitaco Clutch Cover / SMR 6 Disc Clutch & 60% Springs / Chimera Clutch Plate
    RacingBros Adj Fork Kit and Shicane HLR Shock / Vagabond Fender Eliminator
    Seat Concepts

This user has no status.

Member #
    I ordered me a anti gravity battery. will pick it up friday. got the bike running. kinda. i'm running a pv3 with a map dyno supplied. took it around the block easy but it boggs out around 5500. any chance that the ym1001 injector i have is effected by the low oem cranking amps?

Sponsored Links