tooter's grom
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

tooter's grom

This is a discussion on tooter's grom within the Grom Builds forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; Only had my bike for one day and I was already ordering parts to mod it! (lol) The TOCE exhaust is awesome! Nothing else sounds ...

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: tooter's grom

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer

tooter's grom

Only had my bike for one day and I was already ordering parts to mod it! (lol)

tooter's grom-br3tjup.jpg

The TOCE exhaust is awesome! Nothing else sounds like it. I chose it because it's longer than any other exhaust, even the folded ones. Short exhausts are great for high rpm horsepower, while long exhausts produce more low rpm torque. I'm looking for more low rpm torque as I ride for transportation rather than for performance.

tooter's grom-ow3f3io.jpg

I ordered a HyperPack from TST

It contains:

LED front signals and wiring converters
    LED rear tail light with integral LED signals
    LED license plate light
    LED blinker module
    Rear fender eliminator
    Black TOCE exhaust

It took a little over 4 hours to put everything together because I took it slow and careful and referred to the TST installation videos constantly so I could do everything right the first time and not have to go back to redo things. Everything installed just fine without any problems as their parts are of high quality and excellent design.

tooter's grom-10xn6y1.jpg

I weighed everything I took off and everything I put back and the TST parts knocked 11 pounds off the weight of the Grom! Stock it weighs 234 pounds, so now it's 223. This is about a 5% reduction which is a considerable advantage for a small underpowered bike.
    Last edited by tooter; 01-12-2019 at 05:46 PM.
    grommyk, MSX UD ITA and kdt1 like this.

is hiding the credit card from
    the Grom!!

Member #
    Odometer
    Very nice.

Now that I look back and have done my mods, I wish I would've started with replacing the seat first (it was one of the last mods as of now). Do yourself a favor don't push that off, a new seat on the grom really is a must and a game changer. You can thank me later
    shush319 and absidia like this.
    2017 Grom
    Koso 4V GF Ported / Drowsports 181 piston / Takegawa Oil Pump, Cam Chain Tensioner, Crank Support Kit & Catch Can
    Koso 34mm TB GF Ported / DynoJet PCV, WB2 & AFR / GF Manual Cam Chain Adjuster
    Drow Sports CF Intake & Oil Cooler / Hindle Exhaust / OPMID 2 Temp Gauge
    Kitaco Clutch Cover / SMR 6 Disc Clutch & 60% Springs / Chimera Clutch Plate
    RacingBros Adj Fork Kit and Shicane HLR Shock / Vagabond Fender Eliminator
    Seat Concepts

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    I hear ya, man.
    I HATE the stepped seat. It's always shoving my balls into the tank. What seat are you using?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

the Grom!!

Member #
    Odometer
    I settled on the Seat Concepts kit. I went back and forth from SC and Corbin for over a month everyday and finally ordered the SC kit. It was super easy to change the foam out and put back together. I also went with the carbon sides and the gripper top material. I wear jeans everyday, and I couldn't be happier with my decision.
    WV_Grom, grommyk and 50-50 like this.
    2017 Grom
    Koso 4V GF Ported / Drowsports 181 piston / Takegawa Oil Pump, Cam Chain Tensioner, Crank Support Kit & Catch Can
    Seat Concepts

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Djezspin View Post
    I settled on the Seat Concepts kit..
    Do you mean this one fella??

https://seatconcepts.com/products/ho...rom-gen-2-tall

I'm also currently looking into how to make this seat more comfy... the bottom of my spine is absolutely killing me lately (Doesnt help that i fractured my coccyx a couple of years back)

Grom's looking good tooter... Ive wanted the TST gear for weeks now but the intergrated tail light isnt legal in the UK... Cry Cry!!
    Last edited by E-J-G; 01-13-2019 at 03:26 AM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by E-J-G View Post

I'm also currently looking into how to make this seat more comfy... the bottom of my spine is absolutely killing me lately (Doesnt help that i fractured my coccyx a couple of years back)

Grom's looking good tooter... Ive wanted the TST gear for weeks now but the intergrated tail light isnt legal in the UK... Cry Cry!!

That's the correct one. I also have the Seat Concepts and its still one of the best mods have done yet.
    2018 Grom
    Drow LS 181cc / Koso 4v Head / PCV / WBO2
    Koso 34mm TB / PCX150 FI / Hindle Exhauast / Drow CF Intake with K&N
    Kitaco Clutch cover / SMR 60% Clutch Springs & Plate
    TST Finder Eliminator and Flush Mount Lights

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by skipr View Post
    That's the correct one. I also have the Seat Concepts and its still one of the best mods have done yet.
    Was it easy enough to install? did you need a decent staple gun etc?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Was it easy enough to install? did you need a decent staple gun etc?
    Very easy to install. I would suggest a pneumatic staple gun if you have one available.
    2018 Grom
    Drow LS 181cc / Koso 4v Head / PCV / WBO2
    Koso 34mm TB / PCX150 FI / Hindle Exhauast / Drow CF Intake with K&N
    Kitaco Clutch cover / SMR 60% Clutch Springs & Plate
    TST Finder Eliminator and Flush Mount Lights

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer

It's not legal here either and neither is the exhaust! (lol) It's just not enforced because most Cops in California are also bikers.

That seat looks really nice!

tooter's grom-2017-18_grom_tall.jpg

I'm going to try a cheaper approach first, and that's to install a small 1.5 inch lowering link on the rear shock to make the seat not tilt forward so much.

the Grom!!

Member #
    Odometer
    You can use to a manual staple gun but it's much much easier to use a pneumatic staple gun. If you don't have one then just snag one at HF for $25 (non sale price). https://www.harborfreight.com/20-gau...ler-61619.html

I used 7/16" crown / 1/4" length T50 staple as I have boxes of them.

tooter's grom-img_0025.jpgtooter's grom-img_0026.jpgtooter's grom-img_0027.jpg

One reason it took so long to order a seat was that I thought the SC was going to raise the seat height slightly (i'm 5'7" with a 30" inseam), so I kept leaning towards Corbin. But I'm glad I went with SC, it's everything I could hope for in a seat, did not raise my seat height and was half the cost of the Corbin. Plus, Corbin has so many damn options for their seats I just couldn't settle on a design, lol. SC has only two options for the top material (CF or Gripper).
    50-50 likes this.
    2017 Grom
    Seat Concepts

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links