- Kitaco Axle Shafts
- Michelin tires

Engine
- Mtake intake
- HMF low mount exhaust
- DynoJet PCV

Appearance

- Stripped

It's been slightly crashed, so some things will need replacing, such as rearsets, axles, etc. For now the goal is to get it cleaned up and working properly, then take it to dealer for fuel pump recall.

I'm also changing the HMF low mount to a more tolerable sounding exhaust, the Mivv High-Mount, as I want a more quiet bike. I've got the Wideband 2 in a box as well for the PCV, which will be going on along with the new exhaust.

This is my second Grom (first one was stolen). Still debating on what to do with motor. I will definitely change the cam out to a performance cam, I had a DCR on my previous Grom which worked great. Also considering the Super 125 kit from Ren Motoworks as well as potentially the Kitaco Neo 164cc, if I decide to go big bore. For now, not a priority. Will get to that at end of winter.

Will update the thread as things move along.

See less See more
#5 ·
Go Takegawa 181-4v, Aracer mini-2+, Koso 34mm-10 hole F/I, 16/32 sprocket, external oil cooler, Kitaco clutch side cover, SMS clutch and springs, Crank Case oil catcher and you are good to go.

I have two Takegawa's 181-4v groms and they haul balls way better than my old 170-2v or 183-2v using the old PCV-WB02 setup.

Learning curve is mapping the fuel using the Aracer.

Biggest plus on any BBK kit is doing your porting and intake pipe port matched to the head that is used.

#6 ·
I want to retain stock bore or be close to it.

I know the Aracer is great and that's what I'd go with if I was starting from scratch, but I already have the PCV and WB2 kit, so might as well use it.

Got the MIVV exhaust from MNNTHBX, seems like a great quality. Going to be removing the HMF and selling it.

#9 ·
Fitted the MIVV exhaust with MNTTHBX header.

Almost as quiet as stock yet very free flowing. Not the best looking IMO, but it's very practical and well made (in Italy).

Hooked up the PCV as well. What a disaster. Half the wires are way too long, the stupid wire nuts on the WBC2 are infinitely worse than an actual connector, and the gauge literally has the PCB exposed to open air, so any sort of waterproofing is out of the question.

I've had a Dobeck AFR+ before this and honestly it seems like it was better built for the Grom, maybe because the PCV is a very universal device whereas the AFR+ is bike specific.

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

#12 ·
I've been very busy, but still making decent progress.

Added motard fender.
MIVV exhaust is in with MNNTHBX header.
Fixed & adjusted rearsets.
Added TDM headlight.
Added NOI gel seat.

It's almost rideable.

I ran into an issue with RPM gauge mount. I have the SteadyGarage Fatbar mounts and they are way too wide to fit the RPM mount, so it looks like I'll have to look for stock width mounts for my Fatbars.

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

#22 ·
I used the mount that I bought from Race Proven Motors. Not my bike but you get the idea. It comes with longer bolts that replace the ones in your top bar clamp:
Vehicle Auto part Motorcycle Wheel Motorcycle accessories

If you have access to a 3D printer, turpinator has posted files that will let you print something similar. I was too lazy and bought the $55 gauge mount from RPM instead.

And yeah, Corgis are awesome little creatures!

#27 ·
I would go for the racing Bros front (more adjustment than Ohlins) or really the $15 fork mod (cheap and improves feel) if you don't have the extra cash.

Also, added Kitaco oil pump, Kevtek clutch plate, and heavier springs today.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

#28 ·
I hit a deer on my BMW S1000XR the other week and wrecked the bike so it got written off.

This means I'm back to riding the Grom or Ninja 300 as my commuters.

Finally got around to installing the 143cc Takegawa BBK, Finbro head, and Kitaco Type 2 cam!

The cam cover window is also pretty slick.

Loaded a PCV map for 143cc and it worked pretty well without any adjustments.

Now need to figure out how I'm going to mount an oil cooler.

#30 ·
Had to put the fairings back on as I commute to work about 70 miles a day and it attracts enough attention as is.

Also changed the bulb to a 35W LED.

The beam pattern in the TDM headlight sucks as is, but at least with the LED I can actually see something at night. It does not blind oncoming drivers.

High and low beam are very similar with high being just a tad brighter.

Already had a Grom SF rectifier installed, so didn't have to change any wiring or do AC/DC conversion.

Overall I am happy and this should make for a better commute when it gets dark.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.