Anyone purchased an exhaust directly from HotLap?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Anyone purchased an exhaust directly from HotLap? within the Vendor Reviews / Links forums, part of the Grom Classifieds category; Hi, Wanted to see if anyone has purchased an exhaust directly from HotLap https://www.hotlap-japan.com/ and if so what there experience was like with customer service, ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By stellio78
  • 1 Post By stellio78

Thread: Anyone purchased an exhaust directly from HotLap?

This user has no status.

Member #

Hi, Wanted to see if anyone has purchased an exhaust directly from HotLap https://www.hotlap-japan.com/ and if so what there experience was like with customer service, delivery and product quality?
    Thanks, Stellio
    50-50 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    I’m not familiar with the brand, but they have cool looking exhaust systems.

This user has no status.

Member #
    You could purchase it on webike, sometimes they provide great discounts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Since I was unable to find any reviews or feedback on HotLap I thought I’d add this for anyone thinking of purchasing from them.

I’ll keep it short and start with the negatives.
    First would have to be the time it took for the exhaust to ship which was 7 weeks from the time of placing my order, they are made to order and apparently the maximum turn around time is 4 weeks usually.

Next would be the polished finish of two of the welds for the heat shield support brackets or lack of, apparently a last minute revision and for some reason didn’t get refinished before shipping out.

Another possible one I can see in the future is trying to remove the R/H engine cover as the header is very close and covering one bolt so removing the muffler and top header section maybe required.

Now onto the positives.
    The design of the Trail exhaust for the Monkey is just beautiful, has a bit of Z50 style with that tail pipe and what I consider a modern touch with the looped header and the polished surface (apart from the two welds) is just ridiculously good.

Sound is very nice with the baffle fitted and having the option of going louder by easily removing the baffle is a bonus.

The customer service from HotLap is very accommodating with requests and resolving problems but sometimes you do have to wait 2-3 days to hear back from them.

Not trying to slam any companies just giving an honest account of my experience with HotLap to help others out.

Cheers, Stellio

Trail exhaust specs:
    Weight - 2.6kg.
    DB level - Proximity 82db & acceleration 79db (info from Webike)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone purchased an exhaust directly from HotLap?-5ef67d4a-c72e-41db-ae05-cf98fc6baa21.jpeg   Anyone purchased an exhaust directly from HotLap?-e3d6bf1f-2edc-484a-aff4-3d3e4c53618f.jpeg   Anyone purchased an exhaust directly from HotLap?-7f0a1db8-e1d4-4263-b02f-ddbffb968882.jpeg   Anyone purchased an exhaust directly from HotLap?-237fce00-70da-4622-ad99-6706c74f9af5.jpeg   Anyone purchased an exhaust directly from HotLap?-f961d134-35cd-4c1f-9ce7-8c05743d49a5.jpeg  

Last edited by stellio78; 06-10-2019 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Exhaust specs added
    solidjohnny likes this.
    2019 Monkey in Red with ABS / 14T Front Sprocket - Install pending / Hotlap Trail Exhaust / Takegawa Tachometer / DIY Fender Eliminator / Kitaco Clutch Lifter & Springs - Install pending / OEM Oil Spinner to lighten - Waiting on delivery / Takegawa Magnetic Drain Bolt - Install pending / DIY Gear Shifter Linkage

Sponsored Links