Wanted: ported/larger valve head
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Wanted: ported/larger valve head

This is a discussion on Wanted: ported/larger valve head within the Parts for Sale / Wanted forums, part of the Grom Classifieds category; Looking to buy a larger valve head for my grom with the 164cc kitaco and type 2 cam....

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Wanted: ported/larger valve head

  1. #1
    Member
    is steady grommin'
     
    jrkman's Avatar
    Member #
    6258
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Odometer
    2000
    Posts
    84

    Wanted: ported/larger valve head

    Looking to buy a larger valve head for my grom with the 164cc kitaco and type 2 cam.
    2015 Yellow Grom: Kitaco 164, Kitaco Type 2 Cam, Mnnthbx Mtake, Pro Circuit T6 Exhaust, Dobeck AFR+, Keihin 10 Hole, Vagabond FE. 15/34

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    is Living the Dream
     

    Member #
    457
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    San Jose Calif
    Posts
    8,066
    Quote Originally Posted by jrkman View Post
    Looking to buy a larger valve head for my grom with the 164cc kitaco and type 2 cam.
    Send your head to GromFatherZ and he will port and install the correct valves for your application.

    Good Luck

  3. #3
    Member
    is steady grommin'
     
    jrkman's Avatar
    Member #
    6258
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Odometer
    2000
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jrkman View Post
    Looking to buy a larger valve head for my grom with the 164cc kitaco and type 2 cam.
    Send your head to GromFatherZ and he will port and install the correct valves for your application.

    Good Luck

    Do you have contact info?
    2015 Yellow Grom: Kitaco 164, Kitaco Type 2 Cam, Mnnthbx Mtake, Pro Circuit T6 Exhaust, Dobeck AFR+, Keihin 10 Hole, Vagabond FE. 15/34

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    is 8.5.Zer0's Fastest!Grom
     
    dubSolo's Avatar
    Member #
    27817
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Florida, Respect the Locals and our Beach!
    Odometer
    6,661
    Posts
    734
    Facebook David Hugh (DHM) or pm member Activ3, he will take care of you...
    Super!Stock 2018 DSR Honda Grom

    Dhm Custom Hi Comp Piston
    Dhm Race Ported Cylinder Hd
    Dhm Velocity Intake Dcr2 Cam
    Hindle Exhaust Stock Ported TB
    Lightend Flywheel and Oil spinner
    Takgawa Crank Support 4th Bearing
    Takgawa Hi Ign Coil w/NGK Race Cable
    Takgawa Hi Flw Oil Pump w/Opmid Gauge
    EBC Srk122 kit Billet plate w/SMR Springs
    EBC Brake Pads w/ Wave Rotors
    SpeedLinez Brake Lines w/Short Levers
    Ohlin Fork Springs, Ohlin HO 424 Rear Shock
    GF Billet Vented Cam Cover and Speed Spacers

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    is wishing I could keep all the
    bikes I've owned.
     
    solidjohnny's Avatar
    Member #
    22833
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Honolulu, Hi
    Posts
    662
    Kitaco Neo is the best 2V head you can get. If you have that ported, its very good. I wanna say out of the box, the Neo will perform better than a ported, big valve stock head.

    Its also got more cooling fins which makes a big difference.
    Last edited by solidjohnny; 09-03-2019 at 07:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    It seems like there is always one more thing to buy, THEN I’ll really notice a difference in performance.

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    7548
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    25
    Does the neo head work with the kitaco 164/181?

    Says it doesn’t on product description on webike.

    If not can it be modified or adapted to work?
    2016 SF Grom (Australia)
    Kitaco clutch cover
    Takegawa high flow oil pump
    Kitaco clutch springs (3/6)
    Takegawa 3rd bearing
    Kitaco clutch plate
    HEL braided lines front and rear
    Ohlins fork kit
    YSS Stage 2 rear shock
    Protaper honda mini bars
    Takegawa high flow air filter (un-installed, too noisy)
    Moriwaki Megaphone
    Clear indicator covers and switchback indicators with led rear
    MML monster eye conversion
    Kitaco solid bar mounts
    Fender eliminator
    Shorty mirrors
    14T front sprocket
    Speedo healer

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    is wishing I could keep all the
    bikes I've owned.
     
    solidjohnny's Avatar
    Member #
    22833
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Honolulu, Hi
    Posts
    662
    Quote Originally Posted by blackonblacklikeatimtam View Post
    Does the neo head work with the kitaco 164/181?

    Says it doesn’t on product description on webike.

    If not can it be modified or adapted to work?
    You should probably run the Neo piston along with the head...Or you could DIY dremel some valve relief pockets into your piston. The Neo head also requires longer head studs (I suggest grom fatherz HD studs specifically for the NEO head), and a longer cam chain. It sounds like a lot, but trust me, it will be worth it.

    Next best option, which will be quite a bit less money but still give good power is a modified Honda head with larger valves and ported. You can use the cam you already have, as well as retain much of the factory parts. DHM is highly recommended.
    Last edited by solidjohnny; 09-06-2019 at 06:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    It seems like there is always one more thing to buy, THEN I’ll really notice a difference in performance.

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    7548
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Sydney Australia
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by solidjohnny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by blackonblacklikeatimtam View Post
    Does the neo head work with the kitaco 164/181?

    Says it doesn’t on product description on webike.

    If not can it be modified or adapted to work?
    You should probably run the Neo piston along with the head...Or you could DIY dremel some valve relief pockets into your piston. The Neo head also requires longer head studs (I suggest grom fatherz HD studs specifically for the NEO head), and a longer cam chain. It sounds like a lot, but trust me, it will be worth it.

    Next best option, which will be quite a bit less money but still give good power is a modified Honda head with larger valves and ported. You can use the cam you already have, as well as retain much of the factory parts. DHM is highly recommended.
    Ok thanks for this information.


    I have been in touch with DHM and will more than likely go with the honda head
    2016 SF Grom (Australia)
    Kitaco clutch cover
    Takegawa high flow oil pump
    Kitaco clutch springs (3/6)
    Takegawa 3rd bearing
    Kitaco clutch plate
    HEL braided lines front and rear
    Ohlins fork kit
    YSS Stage 2 rear shock
    Protaper honda mini bars
    Takegawa high flow air filter (un-installed, too noisy)
    Moriwaki Megaphone
    Clear indicator covers and switchback indicators with led rear
    MML monster eye conversion
    Kitaco solid bar mounts
    Fender eliminator
    Shorty mirrors
    14T front sprocket
    Speedo healer

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •