mnthbx swingarm bushing tool set
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on mnthbx swingarm bushing tool set within the Parts for Sale / Wanted forums, part of the Grom Classifieds category; anyone purchased this and willing to let me borrow it for a fee? https://mnnthbx.com/product/mnnthbx-...or-honda-grom/ tia...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: mnthbx swingarm bushing tool set

is bacon bacon bacon!!!!!!!!!
    almost

Member #
    Odometer
    87mpg

anyone purchased this and willing to let me borrow it for a fee?

https://mnnthbx.com/product/mnnthbx-...or-honda-grom/

tia

This user has no status.

Member #

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by bdth9447; 04-21-2019 at 04:07 AM.

almost

Member #
    Odometer
    87mpg
    ttt anyone, it seems like all the og ppl sold their groms....

sad i had mine since 2013, this mod was talked about that 1st summer, 6 years later and nobody has this 1 time use tool just sitting on the shelf?

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is is ready to ride!

Member #
    I am under the impression that this kit was just released last month. Probably not a lot of the tools "sitting on shelves" yet.
    2014 Black Grom
    2019 Red Monkey

almost

Member #
    Odometer
    87mpg
    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKNUT View Post
    I am under the impression that this kit was just released last month. Probably not a lot of the tools "sitting on shelves" yet.
    wow, are you serious? we were talking about this is a "must do" mod back in summer 13 almost 6 years ago, this is disappointing that the grom aftermarket shops didnt developed this immediately.

In fact there were a few ppl doing it back in summer 13, and doing all sorts of other suspension mods to the front end like adding air cylinders into them etc.... I even remember some guy stocking swingarms at his shop with the new bushing/bearing already installed and he was asking like $100-125 to ship you a swingarm with the bushing installed and you return your original swingarm back to him. Cheaper and no labor involved vs the mnthbx, only if I can find that guys post and hopefully he still active on here.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by FXCLM5 View Post
    wow, are you serious? we were talking about this is a "must do" mod back in summer 13 almost 6 years ago, this is disappointing that the grom aftermarket shops didnt developed this immediately.

In fact there were a few ppl doing it back in summer 13, and doing all sorts of other suspension mods to the front end like adding air cylinders into them etc.... I even remember some guy stocking swingarms at his shop with the new bushing/bearing already installed and he was asking like $100-125 to ship you a swingarm with the bushing installed and you return your original swingarm back to him. Cheaper and no labor involved vs the mnthbx, only if I can find that guys post and hopefully he still active on here.
    I think it was BrianS who offered that service 2014-15 time frame before Finbro and all the other after market dealers came on the scene
    FXCLM5 likes this.

almost

Member #
    Odometer
    87mpg
    yarp brianS sounds correct

any idea what happen to him?

this forum search function is quite difficult, brian S has no results for posts even though its a known member selected through their dropdown bar, also searching for anything "swingarm bushing - swingarm bearing" gets 0 results.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    yarp brianS sounds correct

any idea what happen to him?

this forum search function is quite difficult, brian S has no results for posts even though its a known member selected through their dropdown bar, also searching for anything "swingarm bushing - swingarm bearing" gets 0 results.
    He got into a pissing war with one of the vendors about porting and air/fuel flow and such so he decided since he would not make any money with his ported head/ custom piston and reground cam, he decided to stick with what he knows best which is engineer racing cars and such.

I still have his original kit he sold me and I still have his cam chain spacers he made for cam tensioner system. I talked to GromRuckus from LA and he told me that BrianS had one of the best design 2V ported head around.

I look at the way BrianS ported his heads and I try to copy the flow lines of his porting on my heads. I was doing real 70mph with his kit and my only down fall was not knowing how to setup the Crank Case Vent system "So called oil catch can" and with all my testing I finally figured out how to route the crank case lines, the intake valve cover line, the oil dip stick line to have a almost perfect free flowing pumping system reducing pressure and heat inside the crank.

This user has no status.

Member #
    For what it’s worth I had bushings pressed out and new ones pressed in at a local machine shop for $20. Might be worth calling around.

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    is Wishing I was riding....

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by BUCKNUT View Post

Are you insinuating we’re price gauging? If so, go price bearing bronze, then get back to me. We’re at $60 vs the $100+ you’re referencing....
    Top Shelf parts & accessories WWW.MNNTHBX.COM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links