WTB: Flywheel Puller
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

WTB: Flywheel Puller

This is a discussion on WTB: Flywheel Puller within the Parts for Sale / Wanted forums, part of the Grom Classifieds category; Hi All, Looking to buy a flywheel puller that someone wants to get rid of or a link to one thats cheap! Need it for ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: WTB: Flywheel Puller

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    6719
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,353

    WTB: Flywheel Puller

    Hi All,

    Looking to buy a flywheel puller that someone wants to get rid of or a link to one thats cheap! Need it for an up and coming mod session.

    thanks!

    ~Nd4

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    is gearing up for winter
     

    Member #
    6726
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,128
    This was the one i had gotten.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GZL2HE/

    Albeit, at the time, it was 22.80. Basically just look for 30mm internal threads. Pitch is extra extra fine, i believe thats 1.5mm.

    If you can find the right nut locally, just fab one up. Get some tube/pipe, weld it on one end of the nut, weld a smaller nut on the other end, throw a bolt in, and youre done.
    Last edited by turpinator; 11-21-2016 at 08:58 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    6719
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by turpinator View Post
    This was the one i had gotten.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GZL2HE/

    Albeit, at the time, it was 22.80. Basically just look for 30mm internal threads. Pitch is extra extra fine, i believe thats 1.5mm.

    If you can find the right nut locally, just fab one up. Get some tube/pipe, weld it on one end of the nut, weld a smaller nut on the other end, throw a bolt in, and youre done.
    Hmm...yeah its a 30x1.5mm thread.... i might get lucky at my local hardware store.... If they do then i have a nice lip to pull on with a standard 2 or 3 jaw puller. Good idea.


    Either way... keep the links or offers a commin peeps.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Senior Member
    is gearing up for winter
     

    Member #
    6726
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,128
    I had looked at mine, but It was a lost cause. 1) its metric, 2) huge metric, 3) extra fine thread. You can get a thin jam nut from McMasterCarr for ~13$ I think, or a normal sized one for 25.

    I guess you could simply put a nut on and then use a jawed gear puller, But, id probably just make the puller, as it makes it super easy. Pop it on, spin it tight, hit it with the impact and youre home free.

  6. #5
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    6719
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by turpinator View Post
    I had looked at mine, but It was a lost cause. 1) its metric, 2) huge metric, 3) extra fine thread. You can get a thin jam nut from McMasterCarr for ~13$ I think, or a normal sized one for 25.

    I guess you could simply put a nut on and then use a jawed gear puller, But, id probably just make the puller, as it makes it super easy. Pop it on, spin it tight, hit it with the impact and youre home free.

    yeah if the local hardware store doesnt have one (they might they have some oddball stuff) and no one else has one that they wanna get rid of on here, ill grab one online they are all of 20-25 bucks.

  7. #6
    Supporting Vendor
    is racing
     
    drowsports's Avatar
    Member #
    105
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Signal Hill, CA
    Posts
    113

  8. #7
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    6719
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,353
    The groms flywheel is standard right hand threads yeah?





    shipping costs kill it... sorry man.

  9. #8
    Supporting Vendor
    is racing
     
    drowsports's Avatar
    Member #
    105
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Signal Hill, CA
    Posts
    113
    where are you located? zipcode?
    Quote Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
    The groms flywheel is standard right hand threads yeah?







    shipping costs kill it... sorry man.

  10. #9
    Senior Member
    This user has no status.
     

    Member #
    6719
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by drowsports View Post
    where are you located? zipcode?

    93012

  11. #10
    Senior Member
    is gearing up for winter
     

    Member #
    6726
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    2,128
    Yeah, just right handed thread.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. WTB or borrow a flywheel puller
    By GdubluG in forum Parts for Sale / Wanted
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-07-2015, 12:09 PM
  2. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-11-2015, 11:22 AM
  3. flywheel removal
    By nathanmot in forum Grom Talk
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2014, 09:09 PM
  4. Lightened Flywheel
    By yallknowme in forum Grom Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 08:35 PM
  5. [How-To Video] How To Remove Flywheel
    By the0captain in forum Grom How-To's and Guides
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-14-2013, 07:17 PM

Search tags for this page

grom flywheel puller

Click on a term to search for related topics.