Question about the PMT slicks
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Question about the PMT slicks within the Grom Racing forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; Hello. New user here. I race with a miniGP league here on the east coast. So far, I've mostly stuck with a highly modified crf150f ...

Thread: Question about the PMT slicks

This user has no status.

Member #

Hello. New user here. I race with a miniGP league here on the east coast. So far, I've mostly stuck with a highly modified crf150f sumo setup. I've decided to get even crazier with it. First up, my question. Can anyone give me a realistic diameter of the PMT slicks, front and rear?

I've decided I want to build a custom grom sized sport bike. I've sourced some grom forks, plan to get wheels, and then build my own frame and swingarm out of aluminum. So far, my plan is to make a perimeter frame just like a real SS bike, but grom sized. Have the seat and rear sets be in the correct spots for balance, etc. As soon as I get the forks, lower triple tree, and tapered roller bearings in, I'm going to start modeling the frame in Fusion 360. I'd like the actual diameter of the tires so I can get realistic rake and trail numbers for how the bike will sit on the tires I'm going to use.

I've already learned a lot about brake setups from reading here. The extra mod to do with the ohlins fork kits. I'm still going to go over the math of it to make sure there's enough travel and available spring rates, but I think I'm going to use an R6 rear shock (adjustable low speed compression, high speed compression, and rebound). I haven't decided on the engine yet. Ohvale bikes have just become available here (I think they are the same size as my pocket bike which is also over built, and I'm over 6' tall), and I know at least one person has already bought the bike with the 190cc motor, so I may just go with a 190cc Daytona engine. Anyway, thank you in advance!

S1K
    is BRAAAAP

Member #
    https://www.pmt-tyres.it/en/m1/12-sctr-pbk-mngp.html Click on the tire you need info for.
    2015 BMW S1000RR
    2015 Honda Grom 125cc

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by S1K View Post
    https://www.pmt-tyres.it/en/m1/12-sctr-pbk-mngp.html Click on the tire you need info for.
    Thank you for the link. It doesn't actually have the diameter of the tires, but it does have other useful information. I can also email PMT directly to ask.

On a side note, I've been studying chassis design since last night, and getting into rake, trail, real trail, swingarm angle, chain angle, anti-squat, moment arms for torque from acceleration and from braking. I can't decide if I need 5 more cups of coffee, or if I need to take a break from the project so my brain doesn't melt down.

Sponsored Links