Track/Race Builds - Page 9
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Track/Race Builds

This is a discussion on Track/Race Builds within the Grom Racing forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; I have stock rearsets but have the risers that raise the pegs and I will still scrap pegs occasionally...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: Track/Race Builds

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have stock rearsets but have the risers that raise the pegs and I will still scrap pegs occasionally
    TMGP Sprint #78
    Endurance Team "I Just Wanna Ride" #104

http://texasminigp.com/index.html
    Half the Size Twice the Fun

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rob78 View Post
    I have stock rearsets but have the risers that raise the pegs and I will still scrap pegs occasionally
    what did you do about your shifter? .... being that you've increased the distance between foot peg and shift lever
    2014 Grom (Red)

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
    what did you do about your shifter? .... being that you've increased the distance between foot peg and shift lever
    I use a IMS kx60 shifter
    TMGP Sprint #78
    Endurance Team "I Just Wanna Ride" #104

http://texasminigp.com/index.html
    Half the Size Twice the Fun

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Podium123 View Post
    My 2018 sf i run at ovrp with nyminigp

Mod list:
    Kitaco clutch cover
    Kitaco high flow oil pump
    Finbro ported head w/bigger valves
    Finbro flat top high compression piston
    Takegawa cam
    Pcv
    Wb2
    Yoshimura full exhaust
    Bmc air filter
    Takegawa large diameter air duct
    -1 front sprocket
    +2 superlite rear sprocket
    G2 quick turn throttle
    Ohlins valve kit(not installed yet)
    Racingbros mono r shock
    Core braided front brake line
    Brembo p34 front caliper
    Brembo pads
    Magura hc1 front master cylinder
    Adjustable foot pegs
    Neken bars
    Mitas mc 34 ss front and rear
    Woodcraft sprocket coverAttachment 73984Attachment 73984
    What kind of headlight cover is this? Looks like the most fitting of them all. :0

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheIMightyL View Post
    What kind of headlight cover is this? Looks like the most fitting of them all. :0
    That headlight cover plate looks like the honda hrc cup style. It does look nice!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    variabl
    Recently started a ground up new 2019 race grom build after racing a z125 pro... would welcome any suggestions! Sponsored by Smith Brothers powersports in Quincy IL. Trying to extract maximum performance with minimal engine modifications.

here is where we sit currenty:

2019 Grom uncrated and striped of street parts (then broke piece off of kickstand after first warm up and grinding on left turns)
    driven rearsets (already found to be too low and touched down while cornering)
    K&N Filter
    Pro circut exhaust (also found to be too low and ground during first race)
    Pirelli diablo rosso tires (at 20 to 22 psi) (not bad... eventually will run dunlops or mitas)
    Mikas CR High bars

needed … engine tune, suspension, gearing...ADVICE ON MOST EFFECIENT MODS!

Track/Race Builds-20190817_134843.jpgTrack/Race Builds-20190817_192157.jpg
    Last edited by cfaddict; 08-20-2019 at 10:56 PM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by cfaddict View Post
    Recently started a ground up new 2019 race grom build after racing a z125 pro... would welcome any suggestions! Sponsored by Smith Brothers powersports in Quincy IL. Trying to extract maximum performance with minimal engine modifications.

here is where we sit currenty:

2019 Grom uncrated and striped of street parts (then broke piece off of kickstand after first warm up and grinding on left turns)
    driven rearsets (already found to be too low and touched down while cornering)
    K&N Filter
    Pro circut exhaust (also found to be too low and ground during first race)
    Pirelli diablo rosso tires (at 20 to 22 psi) (not bad... eventually will run dunlops or mitas)
    Mikas CR High bars

needed … engine tune, suspension, gearing...ADVICE ON MOST EFFECIENT MODS!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190817_134843.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	2.09 MB 
ID:	82528Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190817_192157.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	2.18 MB 
ID:	82530
    If you are going to race skip the dunlops and get the mitas mc35's. I've tried both and the Mitas are hands down the stickiest tires you can get. I've also tried the Pirelli's and they don't compare to Mitas either. They are so sticky I stopped having to brake as much in some corners. Also, if you are dragging your Driven rearsets it's most likely your body position not the rearsets. I have a chimera intake and Hindle exhaust. I find that if my body position isn't correct I will drag the rearsets and the exhaust. The intake and exhaust added about 2hp with a PCV and Wideband. PCV and Wideband work fine but they were a pain to adjust I hear the Aracer is much easier and I wish I went that route. I also went with a 143cc BBK but that pushed me into a higher class racing ttr 125's and 150f's and kx65's. If I had to do it again I'd get a ported head and high compression piston and kept it 125. They will make just as much HP as my BBK and you get to stay in a lower class. Also suspension is a must. I went with Ohlins front and rear and it made a huge difference but probably anything is better than stock. Also as far as gearing I'm at a 14 tooth in the front right now and stock in the rear. I just ordered a 13 tooth front because I can't even get into 4th gear at the moment. The track I race on is kind of small it's a kart track so I think a 13 in the front will just about get me to redline in 4th at the end of the long straight. Also I noticed with the extra power I have now I need better brakes so that is probably my next purchase. I also have a takegawa s cam and I think with all the mods I have right now I am at about 12 or 13hp.
    Last edited by fclark00; 08-21-2019 at 02:26 PM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    variabl
    Thanks for the info.. and yes i did compensate by getting off the bike more. i think suspension will help too because it chatters like crazy and i know if i get stiffer springs and better damping it wont dive as much and ill have a bit higher ride height. im attaching a pick from my Z racing. none yet from the grom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    is Wishing I was riding....

Member #
    Top Shelf parts & accessories WWW.MNNTHBX.COM

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    variabl
    Quote Originally Posted by fclark00 View Post
    If you are going to race skip the dunlops and get the mitas mc35's. I've tried both and the Mitas are hands down the stickiest tires you can get. I've also tried the Pirelli's and they don't compare to Mitas either. They are so sticky I stopped having to brake as much in some corners. Also, if you are dragging your Driven rearsets it's most likely your body position not the rearsets. I have a chimera intake and Hindle exhaust. I find that if my body position isn't correct I will drag the rearsets and the exhaust. The intake and exhaust added about 2hp with a PCV and Wideband. PCV and Wideband work fine but they were a pain to adjust I hear the Aracer is much easier and I wish I went that route. I also went with a 143cc BBK but that pushed me into a higher class racing ttr 125's and 150f's and kx65's. If I had to do it again I'd get a ported head and high compression piston and kept it 125. They will make just as much HP as my BBK and you get to stay in a lower class. Also suspension is a must. I went with Ohlins front and rear and it made a huge difference but probably anything is better than stock. Also as far as gearing I'm at a 14 tooth in the front right now and stock in the rear. I just ordered a 13 tooth front because I can't even get into 4th gear at the moment. The track I race on is kind of small it's a kart track so I think a 13 in the front will just about get me to redline in 4th at the end of the long straight. Also I noticed with the extra power I have now I need better brakes so that is probably my next purchase. I also have a takegawa s cam and I think with all the mods I have right now I am at about 12 or 13hp.
    Race bike update:

Ive added narrower pegs to the driven rearsets that are foldable (track requirement) and much improved body position. Also I've recently started working with CameronJones Racing and will be testing ECU Flashes and parts combinations at the track for them. So far the tune I am on seems pretty good. 2nd place at a race this weekend with some really decent competition. The Pirelli's work pretty good at 19psi but Smith Brothers Powersports is becoming a dealer for Mitas so I will have them on soon. Much more on the way including suspension, but honestly that's not hurting me much at the moment, i'm damn near elbow down going around some folks on the outside at times...minimal chatter with the tires down some pressure and my lower BP
    Last edited by cfaddict; 09-16-2019 at 03:33 AM.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Sponsored Links