I've been waiting for Corvette C8 coming out and E-foil price falling
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on I've been waiting for Corvette C8 coming out and E-foil price falling within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; So I've been praying that Mazda would come out with a updated RX-7 which they never will, I've also been waiting for the Hayabusa to ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: I've been waiting for Corvette C8 coming out and E-foil price falling

is Living the Dream

Member #

So I've been praying that Mazda would come out with a updated RX-7 which they never will, I've also been waiting for the Hayabusa to come out with a new motor which they never will and since I surf/paddleboard and other water sports I'm into foiling or surf foiling, paddleboard foiling and also interested in e-foiling which is a electric motor on the foil fuselage.

Anyway the unveiling of the C8 mid engine corvette is today in Southern Calif and if it looks nice and has a good price it will replace my 1982 RX-7.

As far as the other toys I want which is listed above I can skip the Hayabusa by re-storing my 99 and just add a little more HP in the engine by adding a new larger cylinder block and head porting.

As for the efoil, waiting for the price to drop, love skimming over the water. I think $12,000 for a e-foil is steep maybe $6-7,000 is with in reach for a electric driven surf-hydrofoil that can be used for about 90 minutes of water play.

watch unveiling on this link if you are into corvette or sport cars and the latest design
    https://www.motor1.com/news/360474/c...ng-livestream/

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    If Mazda did to the RX-7 what Toyota did to the Supra just let it stay in the past. The RX-7 and OG Supra are gorgeous cars. The new Supra is a BMW with neutered performance and BMW "reliability" and it looks like it was smeared in a pile of crap. No thank you to that fugly piece of garbage!

Sport bikes are dead right now. I wouldn't say a new Busa will never come out, but I highly doubt it will happen in the next 5 years.

I'm a Chevy fan - born and raised. The C6 was beautiful. The C7 has polarizing looks and I don't know anybody that would call it a beautiful car, but the performance for the money was incredible. The C8 looks very bad in camouflage so I don't have high hopes. The performance should be great, but the price is probably going to be much higher which goes against the Corvette's reason for being. I'm on the side that wishes Chevy would have kept the C8 an affordable, front engine sports car.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    If Mazda did to the RX-7 what Toyota did to the Supra just let it stay in the past. The RX-7 and OG Supra are gorgeous cars. The new Supra is a BMW with neutered performance and BMW "reliability" and it looks like it was smeared in a pile of crap. No thank you to that fugly piece of garbage!

Sport bikes are dead right now. I wouldn't say a new Busa will never come out, but I highly doubt it will happen in the next 5 years.

I'm a Chevy fan - born and raised. The C6 was beautiful. The C7 has polarizing looks and I don't know anybody that would call it a beautiful car, but the performance for the money was incredible. The C8 looks very bad in camouflage so I don't have high hopes. The performance should be great, but the price is probably going to be much higher which goes against the Corvette's reason for being. I'm on the side that wishes Chevy would have kept the C8 an affordable, front engine sports car.
    The last of the ZR-1 in orange 2019 to me was the most beautiful corvette I ever seen in person even with the hugh wing in the back, what a beautiful car and I'm mostly more a Mclaren 720 or lamborghini aventador type of car styling guy.

I do agree on the supra, Toyota missed the boat.

I'll be more surprise to see what Hyundai and Kai will come out in the future for the sports car segment because they seem to grasp what the young or old sports car spending customer want in styling plus they hired the best Europeon car designers into their company.

Mazda is riding on their MX-5 miata platform which is another BMW style clone

I was really wishing Mazda had come out with the RX-7 car with this body style and their newly developed engine
    I've been waiting for Corvette C8 coming out and E-foil price falling-rx7-dec-11-2017.jpg
    Last edited by CiscoSanJose; 07-18-2019 at 11:32 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is a squirrel

Member #
    I just looked up the new Supra and oh my god. What did they do? It's like they looked at a bunch of 2 seaters and said, "how can we mash these all together?" Kinda looks like the Lexus RCF or Scion FR-S mixed with the Alpha Romeo 4c. I do actually like where they went with the Camry though. More sporty looking. My old 96 is still on the road at like 200k miles. Sold it to a family friend years ago for $500 when it had 120k miles.

The C8 corvette doesn't look like a corvette. I really liked the C7 and thought it played homage to the old stingray pretty well apart from the taillights. This new one looks so familiar to me. Maybe the first generation Honda NSX?
    Last edited by LordSquirrel; 07-18-2019 at 11:42 AM.
    50-50 and FluxCapacitor like this.
    2014 Grom
    Takegawa 143cc kit with S stage cam
    Kitaco clutch cover
    Takegawa oil pump with SUP modded catch
    PCX 150 injector
    SMR 6 disc clutch and 60% springs
    Koso clutch plate
    Opmid temp gauge
    Innovate MTX-L Plus AFR gauge
    EFIE
    Ebay exhaust, intake, and a bunch of other parts
    Seat Concepts seat
    OTB chain adjusters w/ spool
    14T/36T sprockets
    Pirelli SL26 tires

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    The last of the ZR-1 in orange 2019 to me was the most beautiful corvette I ever seen in person even with the hugh wing in the back, what a beautiful car and I'm mostly more a Mclaren 720 or lamborghini aventador type of car styling guy.

I do agree on the supra, Toyota missed the boat.

I'll be more surprise to see what Hyundai and Kai will come out in the future for the sports car segment because they seem to grasp what the young or old sports car spending customer want in styling plus they hired the best Europeon car designers into their company.

Mazda is riding on their MX-5 miata platform which is another BMW style clone

I was really wishing Mazda had come out with the RX-7 car with this body style and their newly developed engine
    I'm a huge Kia fan. I currently drive one and I love it. It just so happens the girl I'm dating also just bought a Kia before we met and she loves hers as well. The Stinger is a great example of what Kia can do. I think Hyundai and Kia are more willing to gamble on looks and different models. People will whine about the reliability, but modern Hyundai/Kia isn't the same company that it was 10 years ago and the new company has proven to make good vehicles.

My cousin's one-year old Honda Passport just left her sit alongside the road so even the names with great reputations aren't perfect.

I can see how you like the C7 if you are a Lamborghini fan. They both have angular styling. I love Lamborghinis and I like the C7, but it's not my favorite. The ZR-1 is gorgeous in its own right though. The performance makes it even better looking.

I like that Mazda concept. The back looks like a Ferrari 458/488 and the front looks very Cadillac-esque IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSquirrel View Post
    I just looked up the new Supra and oh my god. What did they do? It's like they looked at a bunch of 2 seaters and said, "how can we mash these all together?" Kinda looks like the Lexus RCF or Scion FR-S mixed with the Alpha Romeo 4c. I do actually like where they went with the Camry though. More sporty looking. My old 96 is still on the road at like 200k miles. Sold it to a family friend years ago for $500 when it had 120k miles.

The C8 corvette doesn't look like a corvette. I really liked the C7 and thought it played homage to the old stingray pretty well apart from the taillights. This new one looks so familiar to me. Maybe the first generation Honda NSX?
    Yep. The Supra is a shit show.

I agree. The C7 looks very first gen NSX-like in camo which is to say very bland styling. The NSX, even when it came out, has very generic styling in my opinion.

is between rain storms :-)

Member #
    Odometer
    Ya the Supra is a train wreck.
    50-50 likes this.
    2018 Matte Gray Metallic
    Koso TT Mirrors - Carbon
    Vagabond Motorsports Fender Eliminator
    JT 35t Rear Sprocket
    RK 420 Gold Chain

is Living the Dream

Member #
    It's on now

I think I'm getting one, doesn't matter if it is first year mid-engine it has a sexy design, now waiting for the colors they will come out with.

I'm a gun metal grey type of guy.

Just sent Chevy my contact info for ordering the new 2020 Stingray mid-engine corvette.
    Last edited by CiscoSanJose; 07-18-2019 at 10:42 PM.
    BUCKNUT and GromMuleCa like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    I'm still not a fan of the styling. I stick to my original comments that it looks bland like a warmed over first gen NSX. I think Chevy totally missed the mark on the looks. But at the same time it's generic enough that most people should accept it if not like it.

With that being said, the performance numbers and the price are astounding! I was sure that the price of the C8 would creep into six figures, but they kept the starting price at an incredibly low mark. And 0-60MPH under 3 seconds is awesome!

I'm anxious to see what the car looks like in person. The C7 looks much better in the flesh and I'm hoping the C8 does as well.

Fingers crossed that this one is a smash hit.

Even the anti-GM tool bags on Jalopnik are in agreement that this is an awesome release.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    I'm still not a fan of the styling. I stick to my original comments that it looks bland like a warmed over first gen NSX. I think Chevy totally missed the mark on the looks. But at the same time it's generic enough that most people should accept it if not like it.

With that being said, the performance numbers and the price are astounding! I was sure that the price of the C8 would creep into six figures, but they kept the starting price at an incredibly low mark. And 0-60MPH under 3 seconds is awesome!

I'm anxious to see what the car looks like in person. The C7 looks much better in the flesh and I'm hoping the C8 does as well.

Fingers crossed that this one is a smash hit.

Even the anti-GM tool bags on Jalopnik are in agreement that this is an awesome release.

We have a dearlership "stealership" on Stevens Creek Blvd in San Jose so I'm going down there to put my $500 pre-order money down and heading down to the Credit Union to get pre-approved for a car loan and contacting my Stock broker to release some cash for the purchase of the Stingray. Need to get the ball rolling to replace my 1982 RX7 which I bought new from the Mazda dealer also on Stevens Creek Blvd called Oak Tree Mazda.

is Monkey water skiing, so much
    rain here!

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    We have a dearlership "stealership" on Stevens Creek Blvd in San Jose so I'm going down there to put my $500 pre-order money down and heading down to the Credit Union to get pre-approved for a car loan and contacting my Stock broker to release some cash for the purchase of the Stingray. Need to get the ball rolling to replace my 1982 RX7 which I bought new from the Mazda dealer also on Stevens Creek Blvd called Oak Tree Mazda.
    It's been 38 years Cisco, better get moving!!
    2014 Black Grom
    2019 Red Monkey

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links