rode to Hollister Ca to Corbin on my grom to check out electric motorcycles
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on rode to Hollister Ca to Corbin on my grom to check out electric motorcycles within the Off-Topic forums, part of the Honda Grom Forums category; My friend and I decided to head out to Hollister for a 4th July ride and see what Corbin has for display and there is ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By CiscoSanJose

Thread: rode to Hollister Ca to Corbin on my grom to check out electric motorcycles

is Living the Dream

Member #

My friend and I decided to head out to Hollister for a 4th July ride and see what Corbin has for display and there is two electric motorcycle companies out there energicamotor and Lighting.

I got to talk to both manufactor lead designer and I think CEO, the first one is Energicamotor

this electric MC wt about 500+ lbs, does 115mph, range about 100 miles, I sat on it and it felt like a ZX6R in size.

this one felt like the size of a Hayabusa

Lighting electric LS-218, has top speed 218mph, range 100 miles+, HP 200hp, price $38,888, there is a smaller model which is priced between $12K-16K depending on your options

here is the smaller lightning which is the size of a ZX6R, top speed is 150mph, range 100+miles

I met the design engineer of the frame and suspension unit and talked to him about the setup and so far the less expensive one fits my style of riding around the bay area.

The owner of Lighting MC said he noticed me riding up on my grom so he showed me their really smaller electric motorcycle using a 40hp electric engine and it was a Grom using their motor and electronics and already tested at 100mph.

The owner of Lighting MC, I asked him about their shop-manufactoring location in Redwood City and he said they moved to San Jose in the old Mercury newspaper building about 2 miles from my house and he invited me to visit his company.

So far I learned a lot on how to prep my house to setup the electric hookup to charge a electric car or motorcycle and what to buy for the hookup.
    Last edited by CiscoSanJose; 07-05-2019 at 01:12 PM.
    FluxCapacitor, KBK0 and tooter like this.

is between rain storms :-)

Member #
    Odometer
    Honda has been working on a fuel cell for the home/hybrid. Don't know where it's development is at these days but I remember reading about it.

Honda Home Energy Station
    2018 Matte Gray Metallic
    Koso TT Mirrors - Carbon
    Vagabond Motorsports Fender Eliminator
    JT 35t Rear Sprocket
    RK 420 Gold Chain

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Taking to the energica guys they told me that this Sunday ESPN or some sport TV show will televise the first e-motorcycle GP race. They also showed me a video of a e-motorcycle on fire when they were doing track day testing of their e-race motorcycle and they said the motorcycle that was on fire was using a Chinese made battery pack that failed causing the fire.

I guess it's sort of like the fake electric scooter riding Hoover board that the kids were buying that were Chinese made and caught fire when trying to charge the battery.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    Taking to the energica guys they told me that this Sunday ESPN or some sport TV show will televise the first e-motorcycle GP race. They also showed me a video of a e-motorcycle on fire when they were doing track day testing of their e-race motorcycle and they said the motorcycle that was on fire was using a Chinese made battery pack that failed causing the fire.

I guess it's sort of like the fake electric scooter riding Hoover board that the kids were buying that were Chinese made and caught fire when trying to charge the battery.
    Every bike will always have inherent risks, and ebikes are certainly no different. Their risks will just have different causes. There is no energy free ride. The energy to run a bike has to come from somewhere. Ebikes get theirs from stationary sources.
    2018 GROM:
    TST Rear Fender Eliminator
    TST Taillight +Signal Lights
    TST Front Signal Lights
    Dinger Built Extra Long Intake
    IXIL Dual Exhaust
    Yuminashi ECU
    Kitaco Case Cover w/Oil Filter
    Takagawa High Volume Oil Pump
    Honda Monkey Rear Sets
    Honda Monkey Front Fender
    Honda Monkey Fork Guards
    Honda Black Plastics
    G Craft Rear Rack
    Cargo Crate

This user has no status.

Member #

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by KBK0 View Post
    If you are going to the races post lots of pictures and if you can stop by the paddock area ask lots of question on what battery pack the bikes are using.

I hope there are some privateers racing also, I seen one youtube video of a guy with a R1 electric bike that was running pretty good on the track.

Sponsored Links