Pimp Chimp
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Pimp Chimp

This is a discussion on Pimp Chimp within the Monkey Builds forums, part of the Honda Monkey 125 Forums category; Thanks to all the Grom builders!! You guys have laid the groundwork for my 100mph Monkey project. So far I have gotten 60mph gps verified. ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Pimp Chimp

This user has no status.

Member #

Pimp Chimp

Thanks to all the Grom builders!! You guys have laid the groundwork for my 100mph Monkey project. So far I have gotten 60mph gps verified. Up from 52mph stock. Flat ground, no wind, 225 lb. rider.

Mods so far—Chimera intake, anodizing pipe, kitaco clutch cover, 5 row oil cooler, takegawa oil pump, 16/32 sprockets, Koso clutch with 60% stiffer springs, Ohlins shocks front and rear.

Stage 2 is a 1:1 fourth gear, 6 disc sex machine clutch, a 181cc Kitaco Neo kit with a ported head, and a pair of Michelin SCs. Probably going to use the Aracer mini 5. Then add the autotune and a yoshi pipe.

Stage 3 will be a TURBO!!
    Monkey Rider Ken likes this.

is hiding the credit card from
    the Grom!!

Member #
    Odometer
    haha, I was going to say the fastest a Grom has gotten with the Neo 181 kit is 96 mph at 24hp with Grom fatherz port work, his throttle body and Aracer RC1, but then I saw "Stage 3", lol. There ya go. Keep us posted
    2017 Grom
    Koso 4V GF Ported / Drowsports 181 piston / Takegawa Oil Pump, Cam Chain Tensioner, Crank Support Kit & Catch Can
    Koso 34mm TB GF Ported / DynoJet PCV, WB2 & AFR / GF Manual Cam Chain Adjuster
    Drow Sports CF Intake & Oil Cooler / Hindle Exhaust / OPMID 2 Temp Gauge
    Kitaco Clutch Cover / SMR 6 Disc Clutch & 60% Springs / Chimera Clutch Plate
    RacingBros Adj Fork Kit and Shicane HLR Shock / Vagabond Fender Eliminator
    Seat Concepts

Banned
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Make sure to do your testing near a fire station.
    Monkey Rider Ken likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Why a fire station? Have there been fires with this setup?

Banned
    This user has no status.

Member #
    it was a joke man....

but really, if you're going to turbo a small air cooled engine it probably wouldn't hurt to be near first responders...
    markymark0055 likes this.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda monkey View Post
    Thanks to all the Grom builders!! You guys have laid the groundwork for my 100mph Monkey project. So far I have gotten 60mph gps verified. Up from 52mph stock. Flat ground, no wind, 225 lb. rider.

Mods so far—Chimera intake, anodizing pipe, kitaco clutch cover, 5 row oil cooler, takegawa oil pump, 16/32 sprockets, Koso clutch with 60% stiffer springs, Ohlins shocks front and rear.

Stage 2 is a 1:1 fourth gear, 6 disc sex machine clutch, a 181cc Kitaco Neo kit with a ported head, and a pair of Michelin SCs. Probably going to use the Aracer mini 5. Then add the autotune and a yoshi pipe.

Turbos have been done on the grom engine from 2014 groms to the latest, turbo's equall K-boom, just stay with a good ported 4v using carbs and you will hit 100 or go with F/I and it will hit 100mph

Good Luck and ride safe

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post

Turbos have been done on the grom engine from 2014 groms to the latest, turbo's equall K-boom, just stay with a good ported 4v using carbs and you will hit 100 or go with F/I and it will hit 100mph

Good Luck and ride safe
    Thanks CiscoSanJose, you too! This is my first build after we lost everything in hurricane Irma in 2016. I could have bought some cool supermoto like a ktm or a Honda twin adv bike, but I wouldn’t get the satisfaction of a build or the Monkey nostalgia. The Harley guys are the first to circle it and admire. Plus, it is a BLAST to ride. I’ve ridden supermotos before. I call them urban assault vehicles. The Monkey takes it to a new level because it looks like a toy.

This user has no status.

Member #
    The other side looks stock. I want it to look like CiscoSanJose’s Grom motor. Frankenmonkey!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pimp Chimp-5e1afc91-3de4-4b15-842d-7ee8698dfa7d_1553733661005.jpeg  
    Last edited by Honda monkey; 03-27-2019 at 07:15 PM.

is Monkey off roading on Big
    Blocks

Member #
    Impressive! Looking good.
    2014 Black Grom
    2019 Red Monkey

is Living the Dream

Member #
    The other side looks stock. I want it to look like CiscoSanJose’s Grom motor. Frankenmonkey!!
    And fast to beating most Harleys light to light.

Ride safe, nice color

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links