Akrapovic exhaust vs Finbro exhaust
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Akrapovic exhaust vs Finbro exhaust within the Grom Performance forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; I have the full Akrapovic exhaust on my Grom. I love it. But I am waiting on a 204 2v motor being built right now. ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rodzknight
  • 1 Post By CiscoSanJose

Thread: Akrapovic exhaust vs Finbro exhaust

is Looking forward to the
    crawl!!!

Member #
    Odometer

I have the full Akrapovic exhaust on my Grom. I love it. But I am waiting on a 204 2v motor being built right now. I am trying to figure out if there is a big diameter difference between mine and the Finbro exhaust. Specifically at the inlet of the exhaust from the motor. As I understand, that is the most restrictive point. I truly love my exhaust. But I don't want to sacrifice too much power bc of it. I can get a great deal on the Finbro exhaust and have no shipping bc it can come in the same box with the motor. I have to decide pretty quick though before the motor ships.
    If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got.

Banned
    is in the Grom x2 Owners Club

Member #
    Odometer
    Which1?
    I am in a similar situation. I am contemplating sending my Muffler off to Finbro and just having him remake the header (twice, one for each Grom). The Akrapovic muffler has enough flow, it's the first 2 feet thats the choke point for a BBK.

This user has no status.

Member #
    The Akra is 28mm at the exhaust manifold stepped out to 38 mm at the end of the header, can't recall what the finbro is - will have to dig it up but I know it is larger. I went Finbro in the end. I've heard of 1 instance where the exhaust manifold on the akra split due to the pressure (on a 212cc - gromlins uk), appears to be an isolated incident. Finbro exhaust is good value for money. I'd get the kit designed for his engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Notvindiesel View Post
    I have the full Akrapovic exhaust on my Grom. I love it. But I am waiting on a 204 2v motor being built right now. I am trying to figure out if there is a big diameter difference between mine and the Finbro exhaust. Specifically at the inlet of the exhaust from the motor. As I understand, that is the most restrictive point. I truly love my exhaust. But I don't want to sacrifice too much power bc of it. I can get a great deal on the Finbro exhaust and have no shipping bc it can come in the same box with the motor. I have to decide pretty quick though before the motor ships.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is Living the Dream

Member #
    I will be testing the Finbro full exhaust system if it comes in Monday and is released from holding in Thailand. If I do get the exhaust on Monday Dec 7, I will take it down to the local shop to have the bung welded on the pipe and the testing will done on my Finbro 183 and BrianS 170 BBK groms since I already have a base line on both engine with the yoshimura RS-9 full exhaust system.

is bTuUsNaAnSuUtB

Member #
    The Akra was designed for ~10hp.. The 204 will be at least 20hp.. Go with the Finbro

J2z
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokd_GE View Post
    The Akra was designed for ~10hp.. The 204 will be at least 20hp.. Go with the Finbro

Get the finbro Leo Vince exhaust quick and painless. Haha

It's not pretty, but it's monkey father approved.

I may go the 204 route. But since you beat me to it, keep us updated on your progress. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkxxaZ

Banned
    is AKA: "Rodzilla"
    first 235 FinBro BBK

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    I will be testing the Finbro full exhaust system if it comes in Monday and is released from holding in Thailand. If I do get the exhaust on Monday Dec 7, I will take it down to the local shop to have the bung welded on the pipe and the testing will done on my Finbro 183 and BrianS 170 BBK groms since I already have a base line on both engine with the yoshimura RS-9 full exhaust system.
    Will be arriving today BTW 👍🏼. I'll see if I can take it to you on the 235 with the new exhaust already on mine too.
    J2z likes this.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodzknight View Post
    Will be arriving today BTW . I'll see if I can take it to you on the 235 with the new exhaust already on mine too.
    Wow also hope the second 183 Finbro head comes in since I will do some massaging of the head to smooth out the sharp edges and install the Crower cam.

I will not be here around 1:30-2pm since I have to drive my daughter to San Jose Airport, but I will be right back
    Last edited by CiscoSanJose; 12-07-2015 at 11:31 AM.
    Rodzknight likes this.

GSX
    This user has no status.

Member #
    Keep us posted on the exhaust.

is Looking forward to the
    crawl!!!

Member #
    Odometer
    I ordered the Finbro. Not sure if I will use it. Gonna try the motor with my exhaust first. If I'm happy, I'll sell the Finbro.
    If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you always got.

Sponsored Links