I hit 79 mph 405 S. in Los Angeles Mon. morning
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on I hit 79 mph 405 S. in Los Angeles Mon. morning within the Grom Performance forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; And my gps device didn't start! On the way home I hit 78 mph indicated and gps device displayed a peak of 73.07 mph. Takegawa ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Leo310
  • 1 Post By Leo310
  • 1 Post By nd4spdbh

Thread: I hit 79 mph 405 S. in Los Angeles Mon. morning

is Hauling ass on a Grom.

Member #
    Odometer

And my gps device didn't start! On the way home I hit 78 mph indicated and gps device displayed a peak of 73.07 mph.

Takegawa cam
    Takegawa oil filter / spinner removal
    pv3
    muffler removal
    10k rpm fuel cutoff
    36T rear sprocket.
    No air box
    speed screen.
    DRZ400 mirrors
    Radiator hose over throttle boy with UNI filter at the other end. I secured the air intake sensor with screws bored into the hose. I secured the sensor/ hose contact with zip ties.

My bike just leaks a little oil, that's all ?

I'm forgetting something, but nothing that'll make it go faster except for that skinny (due to hunger) 145 lb rider.

Engine is malnourished from lack of cc's.compared to a 250. Still hits some 250 territories.
    Last edited by Leo310; 09-16-2019 at 09:42 PM. Reason: re-word
    tooter likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Huh........at some point in time, I would have thought that the rev-limiter would have kicked-in......but whatever.......be careful out there on those freeways.

Pre-emptive data-point in anticipation of the "why won't *my* Grom go faster?.......is there something wrong with it?" queries: My Grom -- mostly stock - only hits mid 50s with my ass in the saddle......but I am at least 50 pounds heavier than you. YMMV.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    Huh........at some point in time, I would have thought that the rev-limiter would have kicked-in......but whatever.......be careful out there on those freeways.

Pre-emptive data-point in anticipation of the "why won't *my* Grom go faster?.......is there something wrong with it?" queries: My Grom -- mostly stock - only hits mid 50s with my ass in the saddle......but I am at least 50 pounds heavier than you. YMMV.
    Back in the days 2014 when I got my grom, I could hit 65-70mph once the engine was broken in around 1K miles. My first grom I rode it like I stole it and the only other difference is that I put a 14T front sprocket, did the airbox mod and gutted out the CAT from the muffler system. The bore was all stock 125cc and tire change was the Michelin Power Pure 140/70-12 rear and I wt like 225lbs back then.

I hit 79 mph 405 S. in Los Angeles Mon. morning-bluegrom.jpg
    Last edited by CiscoSanJose; 09-17-2019 at 10:23 AM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Well, it is definitely not a break-in issue as I have ~ 5,000 miles on my Grom and most of that has been WOT. But my engine is ~stock, and I currently run the stock exhaust because I really need to keep it quiet. That could be a factor.

I gotta say Cisco, that blue coloration with the gold wheels looks really good to me.

is Hauling ass on a Grom.

Member #
    Odometer

Yes sir, rev limiter kicks in at 10k rpm which is 79 mph on the speedo. The pv3 let me up the rev limiter to 10k. Today I hit 73.48 mph gps without hitting the 10k limiter. Touche, be careful for sure! I had a jerk guy on his track bike in full leathers shake his head at me yesterday and today at 30 mph or so while I was merging out of the way. Some bikers out there are so judgmental and impatient. I can ride on the freeway without interfering with cars and trucks especially in the heaviest traffic. Some bikers out there act so holy as if they're the chosen ones to monitor the highway.
    marduk627 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Well, it is definitely not a break-in issue as I have ~ 5,000 miles on my Grom and most of that has been WOT. But my engine is ~stock, and I currently run the stock exhaust because I really need to keep it quiet. That could be a factor.

I gotta say Cisco, that blue coloration with the gold wheels looks really good to me.
    that's the old plastic colors back in 2014-15-16, the same grom is now yellow/white
    I hit 79 mph 405 S. in Los Angeles Mon. morning-img_4955-copy.jpg

The old blue plastic is in storage and the gold rims are taken off the yell grom and the rims are now OEM rims stripped black paint off

Sponsored Links