Dynojet PV3 noob - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Dynojet PV3 noob

This is a discussion on Dynojet PV3 noob within the Grom Performance forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; If I now understand how to use the Tune Lab like I think, I’d like to start changing things like mentioned earlier in this post ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Dynojet PV3 noob

This user has no status.

Member #
    If I now understand how to use the Tune Lab like I think, I’d like to start changing things like mentioned earlier in this post like timing and air filter and exhaust. I’m also interested in this “sensor” as well. Unfortunately here where I live , the winter is coming and the riding days are getting fewer. I’ll have to put all this away for the winter and continue in the spring.......

This user has no status.

Member #
    You can get rid of the stock O2 sensor and make the whole map open loop fueling if you want.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I ran Tune Lab with “useTrims” in both “True” and “False” to see if there is a difference. It did produce different adjustments. I saved each one as a different tune and will try them both and see which one works better. (Note I will limit the change to a small area around WOT).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dynojet PV3 noob-e5078293-9e3f-4bbc-a002-f37a77636a90_1569541840375.jpeg   Dynojet PV3 noob-51ee34eb-ebcf-4b12-a837-7abd818050c5_1569541850408.jpeg  

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    FYI, I've been running, testing, DIY, my groms since 2014 using various manufactors products esp ECM and I had Finbro standalone, PCV-WB02, etc and from all my testing I found the Aracer product to be the best esp for BBK kits 170cc or larger, nothing beats a standalone programmable ECU using a stick unit, smart phone or your laptop/computer.

All the fast groms using the Aracer ECM have faster tuning and A/F mixture setting, if you also have the right F/I, throttle body, airbox, exhaust system. Expensive product but it works.
    This might sound dumb but I had been looking into bbk on the grom and knew that fuel would need to be changed. I’ve read much about this subject for my truck (GM 5.3 LS) and I’m familiar with car systems like HP Turners ,Micro squirt, Holly and such. I ended up get the Holly system for my truck but that’s a project so I haven’t actually used it. There is so much information on the net about all those systems but little for the Grom. It took quite a while for me to understand what EXACTLY a piggy back controller is actually doing from what I could find on the net. Anyway, I had mentally decided on the PV3 because it was not a piggy back and had full control over all functions of the ECU. Just before I bought it I ran across the Aracer. It caused me to pause and look into that system but just like Dynojet, I found little information out there. So I just went with the PV3. I knew the difference was basically the onboard auto tune (that’s why I went with the Holly system for my truck) but I was okay with it. All in all i never post on the internet and pretty much always find information I need for hobbies if I search hard enough but this seems different. There isn’t much out there.

This is kinda the point of my post here. Just to show the experience and have the information out there. And the added benefit of you guys that know more to give guidance along the way. Someone else considering these systems might read this and use to decide (good or bad).
    I’m a little of a die hard when it comes to failure and don’t just equate
    Easy to use= Good product
    Learning curve= bad product
    I’m not afraid to learn/fail. It might actually be the opposite, the more a system can do the more complex and steeper learning curve. Anyway , I appreciate all the advice and guidance on this from everyone.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by LTAYLO91 View Post
    I ran Tune Lab with “useTrims” in both “True” and “False” to see if there is a difference. It did produce different adjustments. I saved each one as a different tune and will try them both and see which one works better. (Note I will limit the change to a small area around WOT).
    Could you tell us how do you use and modify afr with wbcx and tunelab?

Enviat des del meu LG-H870 usant Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    LTAYLO91,

i appreciate you sharing your efforts and observations with the rest of the forum. Yes, there seems to be a consensus at this present time on this forum that the aRacer ECM is *the* unit to use, but this was not always the case. I suspect that people will be discussing the superior merits of yet a different fuel controller in the not-too-distant future.

For whatever it may be worth, I tried an aRacer and I didn’t like it. I thought the documentation was terrible, the unit was a hassle to fit, and it was incompatible with my existing temperature gauge. For my purposes, a re-flashed (stock) ECU is a better choice, and the PV3 is of interest to me. I hope you will continue to post your findings.

This user has no status.

Member #
    So I have some results of the tune with “useTrims = False”. I set a small OL WOT area to 13.5 AFR. It looks like it worked very well. Next I will flash the bike with the other tune where “useTrims = True” and see how that works.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dynojet PV3 noob-e34cbba6-305e-439b-8f72-24f7eb081c59_1569723823290.jpeg   Dynojet PV3 noob-2a0f77d8-23ba-4773-b449-5f591b512f66_1569723837124.jpeg  

This user has no status.

Member #
    Does anyone know an avenue to Dynojet for suggestions to the PV3?
    1. I wonder if they could add a setting to automatically Log x number of times. You can log for about 5 minutes and it will automatically stop and save the log as a Log#. While riding I am watching for this so I can trigger another log. This is pretty distracting while riding so if it could automatically (if memory space permits) start another log until the rider “stops” the process.
    2. If the log could go to a folder on the PV3 with the name of the currently flashed tune name. This way I wouldn’t have to be careful to rename the logs to the tune name and get mixed up for what tune/log go together. I also had created 2 different tunes to compare. I can have the tunes on PV3 and the cool thing is with the PV3 I can flash them whale out riding. If I see something undesirable on the PV3 screen I can go back to a safe tune immediately. The problem is if I log these tunes I have to carefully keep track of what Tune was flashed when a log was created. I could easily get these mixed up but putting the logs in folders on the PV3 that have the tune name as the file name would be nice.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I thought somebody said you can load multiple logs at one time with tunelab... But i havent figured out succesfully yet...

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by obijuanito View Post
    I thought somebody said you can load multiple logs at one time with tunelab... But i havent figured out succesfully yet...

I just open the winPEP 8 program. Go to the “Home” tab and select the “Open” button. There will be a line for each log you open. From here it’s weird. You have to do 2 different things depending on the view you are using.

Graph view- will automatically show all logs in the file view (all the logs you open). All the logs are on top of each other so it’s hard to see anything if to many are open. To look at only certain ones you have to select the ones to “Hide” by clicking the “hide “ selection to the right.
    Grid view- is different. Whatever log you highlight will be the only one on the grid. To get more on the grid you have to hold shift and select all the logs you want.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links