Dynojet PV3 noob - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Dynojet PV3 noob

This is a discussion on Dynojet PV3 noob within the Grom Performance forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; name 1 person that has proved just average power at any cc size with the pv3? everyone ive seen has made by far the lowest ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Dynojet PV3 noob

is HEAD PORTING MASTER LOL

Member #
    name 1 person that has proved just average power at any cc size with the pv3? everyone ive seen has made by far the lowest numbers ive seen. its really embarrassing

This user has no status.

Member #
    I kind of assumed the stock ECU could be reflashed to give you whatever fuel and timing you want. I guess maybe the stock ECU is so complicated that it will never be fully reverse engineered. There could always be a table you don't know about that affects the tune. I guess the Aracer doesn't have to have so many worthless tables on it to pass emissions and stuff.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by rkfinch23 View Post
    name 1 person that has proved just average power at any cc size with the pv3? everyone ive seen has made by far the lowest numbers ive seen. its really embarrassing
    How do you figure? Your motor doesn't care if you bought the PV3 or the Aracer... it boils down to the quality of the tune, the time you put into it, and the tools at hand (dyno?).

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsaturn7085 View Post
    How do you figure? Your motor doesn't care if you bought the PV3 or the Aracer... it boils down to the quality of the tune, the time you put into it, and the tools at hand (dyno?).
    Not to get into a cat fight or say bad things about Dynojet ECM vers others but I use various ECM for the grom and for simple tuning, auto tuning, and learning curve and getting the right A/F setup I find that the Aracer mini5, RC1, RC2 hands down is the Easiest to work with even with a laptop and like me I like using my smart phone for tuning my grom when out riding.

to me what ever works for your hardware setup and the one that gets you the most power is the ECU to use. Dyno testing shows one thing but real world riding and racing with other groms or mc is were the real world proven grounds is at and with videos to prove.

Just ride safe.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I tried something different this time and it seems positive. This time I limited the Tune Lab adjustments to a small area around WOT (circled in the pictures). This seems to have the desired effect. I might do this again and apply Tune Lab to the entire (or what I have logged) OL area and see if it will make OL 13.5 AFR.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dynojet PV3 noob-31134cb5-218b-41ba-8cff-79f3bd45c8cf_1569487760711.jpeg   Dynojet PV3 noob-3e98dae9-3a97-485f-a0c7-9c03ce61fa4d_1569487771603.jpeg  

This user has no status.

Member #
    So looking at the Grom script it has a true/false setting to decide to use trims or not. I might run it in both settings and look at the OL area to see if it used the trims in the OL area. It must be able to decide where OL and CL are?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dynojet PV3 noob-7c02e0ff-bf9b-494c-ae30-e7877ac3892c_1569495472262.jpeg  

This user has no status.

Member #
    You can manually enter numbers in the injector pulsewidth, normal table too. The interpolation and smoothing buttons are also nice tools you can use to save time.
    Paultergeist likes this.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Hint want to reduce heat and increase your engine life and possible HP gain, get rid of the OEM sensor in the head and move it some where or delete it.

This was another A-Ha moment when I did that, I noticed my head voltage went down about 10-15% when eliminating the OEM sensor in the head and the grom is a happy camper

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    Hint want to reduce heat and increase your engine life and possible HP gain, get rid of the OEM sensor in the head and move it some where or delete it.

This was another A-Ha moment when I did that, I noticed my head voltage went down about 10-15% when eliminating the OEM sensor in the head and the grom is a happy camper
    I need to do that. I might send my head out to get ported this winter. Maybe they could fill the hole with epoxy and smooth it out for me.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hmm what sensor?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links