Stock Grom piston and stock Grom cam 73.01 mph GPS
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Stock Grom piston and stock Grom cam 73.01 mph GPS within the Grom Performance forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; There, I've done it many times over. I've got a 34T rear sprocket down 2 teeth from the 36T. I've added +450 rpm to the ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By Leo310
  • 1 Post By tooter
  • 1 Post By farkas
  • 1 Post By Paultergeist
  • 1 Post By Cheburashka

Thread: Stock Grom piston and stock Grom cam 73.01 mph GPS

is Hauling ass on a Grom.

Member #
    Odometer

There, I've done it many times over. I've got a 34T rear sprocket down 2 teeth from the 36T. I've added +450 rpm to the rev limiter via a PV3. Now I hit the rev limiter at a 77 mph indicated. I can hit that speed any day of the week. In fact I did it today in Los Angeles at 90+ degree Fahrenheit temperatures.

I've got the stock piston and stock cam. My Grom is nothing special, same 124cc engine. Any stock engine with the stock cam Grom can reach these speeds. However, I've got a speed screen and a welterweight mass.

Some have found my Grom speed threads annoying because I didn't have a GPS verified speed to show.

Check it out if you doubt I went two ways on the 101 fwy from Topanga to the exit past Valley Circle. The first way was full of traffic and I had to back off along the fast sections. The way back I had enough room to max out.

tooter and Cheburashka like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Leo. I don't know hwo you can handle going that fast on such a little bike. I only went 62 and I really didn't feel safe at all even doing that! (lol)
    zroger73 likes this.
    2018 GROM: Modified for reliability longevity gas mileage... and fun.

is smaller the cc, bigger the pp.

Member #
    34T is the stock rear sprocket
    zroger73 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Hmmmm.....it is an impressive top speed run for certain. Leo, thanks for posting the video, and thanks for going to the trouble of incorporating the GPS output.

From the beginning of Leo’s thread posts regarding the top speeds he reported on his Grom, many of us — myself included — have been speculating as to the source of discrepancy between Leo’s reported top speed (~ 70 MPH) vs. the top speed achieved by many others on similarly-equipped Groms (~ 55 MPH). Now I am wondering, however, if the crux of the issue is not variability between individual Groms, nor is it error in measuring top speed, but rather if the variability in top speed is simply due to variability in size and weight of the rider? Could it be that a 100 pound weight difference between riders accounts for the difference in top speed?
    Leo310 likes this.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    I hit 70mph back in 2015 time frame with my 2014 grom and I wt around 225lbs back then. I think I posted it on one of my 2014-15 posting. I think I did a airbox mod, stock exhaust mode "removed CAT", and I think a 14T front sprocket using Michelin 140/70-12" rear tire.

took a while to get there using a long stretch of road on Monterey Hwy in San Jose.

is Hauling ass on a Grom.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by farkas View Post
    34T is the stock rear sprocket
    Yes, my bad. I went up two teeth to the 36T.

is pew pew pew

Member #
    Yeah I agree, people who complain that it is too slow either need to lose some weight or get a big bore kit.
    Leo310 likes this.

Sponsored Links