Clutch chatter/rattle after installing springs??
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Clutch chatter/rattle after installing springs?? within the Grom Performance forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; So I put Kitaco clutch springs in. I believe they are all seated properly. And I've torqued the 3 bolts down to 9 fit/lbs. And ...

Thread: Clutch chatter/rattle after installing springs??

This user has no status.

Member #

So I put Kitaco clutch springs in. I believe they are all seated properly. And I've torqued the 3 bolts down to 9 fit/lbs. And it seems fine in the sense that I can shift up and down through the gears, and there is power in all gears, so I know they are grabbing.

However if I am coasting (with the clutch lever pulled in all the way - ie as if it's in neutral), there is a lot of chatter/rattling. And if I am shifting gears--but I do so very slowly--I hear the same chatter/rattling at the point of engagement until I release the clutch.

I noticed there was no play in my clutch lever, so I thought maybe that is why this was happening. So I adjusted the clutch cable to give some play in the lever. This did seem to have some affect, but it still will chatter/rattle.

Oh, and not sure if this matters, but I also have shorty levers. The symptoms above never happened with the stocks springs and these levers though.

Any ideas what I can do/check here?

Thank you!
    Last edited by Farmboy90; Yesterday at 09:36 AM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I get a little clutch chatter on my bike running 6 stiff springs under the very light slipping like you described. Its been like that for probably 1500miles with zero issue. I just attribute it to simply being more grabby.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thank you!

Yeah that's what I think is happening too. Because now matter how I adjust the clutch cable, I can't make it go completely away. Again, it only ever happens if I'm shifting very very slowly or holding the clutch at the engagement point (which normally one would not do).

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    I think i notice it the most when im messing around coming it hot to a stop and bang gears down to first and lightly slip the clutch in an attempt to supermoto slide (which i shouldnt be doing... brakes are far cheaper than clutches haha)

Sponsored Links