Deal alert - Brembo 4P-30/34 40mm calipers - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Deal alert - Brembo 4P-30/34 40mm calipers

This is a discussion on Deal alert - Brembo 4P-30/34 40mm calipers within the Grom Performance forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; Thanks for the heads up on this deal. Decided to get one as well. M in SC says he has great results with the stock ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Deal alert - Brembo 4P-30/34 40mm calipers

is is installing a crank and 5
    speed

Member #
    Thanks for the heads up on this deal. Decided to get one as well. M in SC says he has great results with the stock MC and this caliper.
    2015 Grom
    Koso 170cc 4V / Aracer AF1, DG1, MiniPlus2 / Kitaco Forged Crank
    Takegawa 5 Speed / 34mm TB / Full RacingBros Suspension / Hindle Exhaust / Renthal Fatbar
    Takegawa 4th Bearing / Fleabay Oil Cooler / Kitaco Clutch Cover / Kitaco CCT
    Driven Rearsets / 428 Chain 15/32T / SS Brake Lines / GF Speed Spacers / GF Vented Cam Cover
    OTB V2 Chain Adjusters / Saddlemen Seat / MP Rev 2 Throttle / Mitas MC35s Tires / CRG GP Clutch Perch

Banned
    This user has no status.

Member #
    The shitty thing is you have to remove the rotor to get the caliper on.

This user has no status.

Member #
    The wheel only takes like 20 seconds to remove with a tree stand.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    This user has no status.

Member #
    you cannot put the caliper over the rotor if the rotor is mounted to the wheel. whether the wheel is on or off the bike is irrelevant.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Interesting... I guess I'll find out soon enough. Where is the issue of clearance? If the pads are removed, is it any better?

This user has no status.

Member #
    For anyone who purchases one of these and wants to mount to 14-15 Grom I have the mount for sale $40 shipped to any US state.

Deal alert - Brembo 4P-30/34 40mm calipers-6c177401-d386-4d56-9207-20d242905897.jpeg

speed

Member #
    Shipping on these calipers was insanely fast...from Milan to San Diego in two days via DHL.

Can't wait to mount them up!
    2015 Grom
    Takegawa 5 Speed / 34mm TB / Full RacingBros Suspension / Hindle Exhaust / Renthal Fatbar
    Driven Rearsets / 428 Chain 15/32T / SS Brake Lines / GF Speed Spacers / GF Vented Cam Cover
    OTB V2 Chain Adjusters / Saddlemen Seat / MP Rev 2 Throttle / Mitas MC35s Tires / CRG GP Clutch Perch

speed

Member #
    Caliper went on without any drama. Unsure why Wibbly had to remove his rotor. The caliper just barely makes it's way in, then the mount. Plenty of clearance to achieve it all without removal of anything except stock caliper and mount.
    50-50 likes this.
    2015 Grom

speed

Member #
    I stand corrected. Wibbly is correct - once you bleed the system, there is no room for the caliper to escape. I ended up taking three rotor bolts out, loosening the fourth, and that gave me plenty of clearance to remove the caliper.
    2015 Grom

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by OpusNectar View Post
    I stand corrected. Wibbly is correct - once you bleed the system, there is no room for the caliper to escape. I ended up taking three rotor bolts out, loosening the fourth, and that gave me plenty of clearance to remove the caliper.
    What if you wobble it to compress the pistons, then remove the pads? The pads can be removed from the back of the caliper, correct?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links