Dynojet PV3 and Power Core - Juicy Detail and Help Inside - Page 17
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Dynojet PV3 and Power Core - Juicy Detail and Help Inside

This is a discussion on Dynojet PV3 and Power Core - Juicy Detail and Help Inside within the Grom Performance forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; Originally Posted by DJMatt Steve, What year is your bike? I don't recall speaking with you, likely it is the other Matt. -Matt Matt - ...

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Dynojet PV3 and Power Core - Juicy Detail and Help Inside

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by DJMatt View Post
    Steve,

What year is your bike? I don't recall speaking with you, likely it is the other Matt.

-Matt
    Matt - looks like the e-mail chain included Carl, Dan, Dusty, and Chris. The bike is a 2018 and the logs were sent over on August 5th. Swore I spoke to a Matt also, but maybe not? Anyhow, the issue was that the master decel fuel cut switch was unreliable when set to OFF. More often than not, I would still go dead lean on decel. and fuel pulse width would be zero.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsaturn7085 View Post
    Matt - looks like the e-mail chain included Carl, Dan, Dusty, and Chris. The bike is a 2018 and the logs were sent over on August 5th. Swore I spoke to a Matt also, but maybe not? Anyhow, the issue was that the master decel fuel cut switch was unreliable when set to OFF. More often than not, I would still go dead lean on decel. and fuel pulse width would be zero.

Steve,

I revisited the database with some fresh eyes. Looks like there is a strong possibility "Component Protect" is actually "Decel Fuel Cut-Off" and vice-versa.

If you don't mind confirming "Master Switch, Component Protect" works to disable DFCO I'll get the section and parameters renamed and into an update. Otherwise, I'll try to get someone in our team to verify on our house Grom.

-Matt

P.S. Pending verification, it looks like the 17-19 has facilities for DFCO to come on soft and lead into a hard cut although the soft cut is not configured from the factory. DFCO is enabled by default in the 17-19. The 14-15 only has facilities for a full cut DFCO and is disabled by default.

P.S.S. Also pending verification, the current "Decel Fuel Cut-Off" parameters look to control a fuel cut-off that only comes in at very low throttle. Possibly to protect for a vacuum leak or other mechanical failure.
    Last edited by DJMatt; 10-19-2019 at 02:38 AM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hi Matt. I would like to know how does the “o2 switchpoint voltage (target lambda)” setting work.
    There are 4 cells in there and i try to be able to modify closed loop afr. I tried to rise the cells to see if it raises afr but no results yet.
    I tried to work in the first one of the 4 cells to see if it raises afr (trying to richen iddle afr) by raising the number... But no results.
    Could you explain me what are the 4 cells for?
    Are each of them intended to certain rpm? Throttle position?

Enviat des del meu LG-H870 usant Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by obijuanito View Post
    Hi Matt. I would like to know how does the “o2 switchpoint voltage (target lambda)” setting work.
    There are 4 cells in there and i try to be able to modify closed loop afr. I tried to rise the cells to see if it raises afr but no results yet.
    I tried to work in the first one of the 4 cells to see if it raises afr (trying to richen iddle afr) by raising the number... But no results.
    Could you explain me what are the 4 cells for?
    Are each of them intended to certain rpm? Throttle position?

This table references the rich/lean switchpoint voltage which is a characteristic of the OEM oxygen sensor. Adjust when changing type of oxygen sensor or fuel used. This is the sensor voltage the ECU looks at to determine whether to enrich (low voltage) or enlean (high voltage) the mixture which should be frequently switching state at cruise speed. Expect an adjustment of range of approximately 14.5 - 14.8 AFR on non ethanol fuel. Values outside of approximately .45 - .65 volts will not have good function.

The cell numbers reference RPM (engine speed) breakpoints. Most 2D tables are interpolated, but this one is breakpoint switched. 1-2 switch is 2800 RPM, 2-3 is 4000 RPM and 3-4 is 6000 RPM.

Hysteresis is way to prevent jitter (rapid on and off switching). For instance, cell 2 value becomes active over 2800 RPM on acceleration. Once cell 2 is active, the switch back to cell 1 on deceleration will not occur until RPM falls under 2600 (the hysteresis on value).

Dynojet PV3 and Power Core - Juicy Detail and Help Inside-breakpoint.jpg

-Matt
    Last edited by DJMatt; 10-20-2019 at 12:38 AM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    This table references the rich/lean switchpoint voltage which is a characteristic of the OEM oxygen sensor. Adjust when changing type of oxygen sensor or fuel used. This is the sensor voltage the ECU looks at to determine whether to enrich (low voltage) or enlean (high voltage) the mixture which should be frequently switching state at cruise speed. Expect an adjustment of range of approximately 14.5 - 14.8 AFR on non ethanol fuel. Values outside of approximately .45 - .65 volts will not have good function.

The cell numbers reference RPM (engine speed) breakpoints. Most 2D tables are interpolated, but this one is breakpoint switched. 1-2 switch is 2800 RPM, 2-3 is 4000 RPM and 3-4 is 6000 RPM.

Hysteresis is way to prevent jitter (rapid on and off switching). For instance, cell 2 value becomes active over 2800 RPM on acceleration. Once cell 2 is active, the switch back to cell 1 on deceleration will not occur until RPM falls under 2600 (the hysteresis on value).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	breakpoint.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	256.0 KB 
ID:	83420

-Matt
    Ok. Thanks for that detailed explanation!
    Then, if there is any way, how can we modify closed loop section of the map?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Ok. Thanks for that detailed explanation!
    Then, if there is any way, how can we modify closed loop section of the map?

Modify CL how? Change the range where it’s active? Change the o2 switch point voltage to result in a richer or leaner AFR (within reason) while in CL?

Did you read the doc linked in post 41, that will help in regards to understanding and adjusting the range / conditions that CL is active.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyno Dan View Post
    Modify CL how? Change the range where it’s active? Change the o2 switch point voltage to result in a richer or leaner AFR (within reason) while in CL?

Did you read the doc linked in post 41, that will help in regards to understanding and adjusting the range / conditions that CL is active.
    In a simple way to say it, make the CL section to work at 13.5 instead of 14.7.
    I changed the range to work OL from 5000rpm to 10000rpm but from 0 to 5000 (my CL range) the bike works 14.7afr. I want to modify that.

Last edited by obijuanito; 10-20-2019 at 08:40 AM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    In a simple way to say it, make the CL section to work at 13.5 instead of 14.7.
    I changed the range to work OL from 5000rpm to 10000rpm but from 0 to 5000 (my CL range) the bike works 14.7afr. I want to modify that.

You are asking to do something outside of the physical limits of the sensor and programmed limits of the strategy. The sensor's characteristics are to switch from rich lean at 14.7 non ethanol. The strategy is programmed to target STFT to the most rapid switching point which is also 14.7.

You might try biasing the undershoot attack rates so that they are higher than the overshoot. I'm not sure how consistent your results would be and it would require some experimentation.

-Matt

This user has no status.

Member #
    You are asking to do something outside of the physical limits of the sensor and programmed limits of the strategy. The sensor's characteristics are to switch from rich lean at 14.7 non ethanol. The strategy is programmed to target STFT to the most rapid switching point which is also 14.7.

You might try biasing the undershoot attack rates so that they are higher than the overshoot. I'm not sure how consistent your results would be and it would require some experimentation.

-Matt
    As i have a dyno at work, i will try it and post the results. Thanks for your mighty help.

I was wondering if it would be possible to use the wideband for the CL instead of the oem narrowband. Then we could target the desired afr in the CL section...

Last edited by obijuanito; 10-20-2019 at 02:22 PM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I was wondering if it would be possible to use the wideband for the CL instead of the oem narrowband. Then we could target the desired afr in the CL section...

It's something that is on the radar but there is currently no ETA. It is not as easy to implement as you would think.

Seems most pv3 users are pretty happy with tune lab scripts for now.

-Matt

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links