Dynojet PV3 and Power Core - Juicy Detail and Help Inside - Page 14
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Dynojet PV3 and Power Core - Juicy Detail and Help Inside

This is a discussion on Dynojet PV3 and Power Core - Juicy Detail and Help Inside within the Grom Performance forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; Originally Posted by obijuanito Hey Dyno Dan, im using the tunelab script to achieve a desired afr but my logs keep me showing different afr's ...

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Dynojet PV3 and Power Core - Juicy Detail and Help Inside

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by obijuanito View Post
    Hey Dyno Dan, im using the tunelab script to achieve a desired afr but my logs keep me showing different afr's (trying to achieve 13 at mid throttle and 12,8 full throttle. I keep trying modifying my map setting the tunelab script to a desired afr but when i flashed, run it and log it keeps showing other afr's... Do i have to keep trying till i reach it? Does it take many tries to achieve a desired afr? Also how can i do to achieve afr 13 at closed loop?
    By the way thanks for your info, so far it has been the most usefull!

Enviat des del meu LG-H870 usant Tapatalk
    Closed loop areas need to be tuned to 14.7, and this can be done with the narrowband o2 sensor. Open loop areas can be tuned to whatever (13.0, 12.8, etc etc) but you need a way to measure the AFR (since narrowbands are only accurate at or near stoich).

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyno Dan View Post
    Closed loop areas need to be tuned to 14.7, and this can be done with the narrowband o2 sensor. Open loop areas can be tuned to whatever (13.0, 12.8, etc etc) but you need a way to measure the AFR (since narrowbands are only accurate at or near stoich).
    I have wbcx installed so i can measure open loop areas.
    But what if i want to run closed loop area to 13 afr? Is there a way? If not, can i run the whole map in open loop in order to achieve afr 13?

is 8.5.Zer0's Fastest!Grom

Member #
    Florida, Respect the Locals and our Beach!
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    I think people like it cause you can tune from your cell phone. Maybe you can make changes faster without having to reflash the whole ECU? I'm not sure, you have to dig a little to find info on either product.
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    Well people want something that works. And they want to be able to use it without having to know how to use proprietary software and scripts. That other thing auto tunes to your desired AFR rather than being so manual like the PV3.
    Aracer comes with an ECU purposed for performance and parameter specific for said reason so it is much faster and accurate at achieving those goals.

Dynojet and all this other shit just Flash/Piggyback a Stock ECU meant for reliability and environmental regulations.

Which sucks cause I own all this with decsent knowledge and success of how to tune with these, but still thinking Aracer...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dynojet PV3 and Power Core - Juicy Detail and Help Inside-174786054.png  
    50-50 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    The way I understand it, a narrowband sensor is only good for reading 14.7:1 AFR. It knows when it's rich or lean but not good at reading exactly how rich or how lean. You probably want it to be in open loop wherever you are trying to target 13:1 AFR.

I think people like it cause you can tune from your cell phone. Maybe you can make changes faster without having to reflash the whole ECU? I'm not sure, you have to dig a little to find info on either product.
    Yeah, I get that. The Grom is a pretty simple bike from a technology perspective, so replacing the ECU with a "standalone" isn't a bad option. There aren't multiple other modules on the vehicle data-bus that would throw a fit if there was a non-OEM/ non-integrated ECU in play like other bikes / cars. One of the virtues of a Power Commander V and most other piggyback systems, and even standalone ECU's is the ability to do RTT (real time tuning).....to the extent of whatever they're designed to control. Reflashing the OEM controller / ECU is a nice option for some people since it's easy......plug in and flash.......but if you need to dig in and start tuning, yes, there is a STEEP learning curve. Those that have ECU editing / flash tuning experience pick it up quicker, but most with that sort of experience come from the "car world".

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by dubSolo View Post
    Aracer comes with an ECU purposed for performance and parameter specific for said reason so it is much faster and accurate at achieving those goals.

Dynojet and all this other shit just Flash/Piggyback a Stock ECU meant for reliability and environmental regulations.

Which sucks cause I own all this with decsent knowledge and success of how to tune with these, but still thinking Aracer...
    Right on the money. There's a lot of stuff in the OEM that ultimately makes it more difficult to achieve the desired result. A replacement ECU designed to run an engine without the need to support systems needed for compliance is pretty straight forward / not a lot of "stuff" to get in your way from a tuning perspective. If you chose to work with the stock ECU, you just need to find a competent tuner familiar with the best tools for the job........or be willing to dive in an learn.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by obijuanito View Post
    I have wbcx installed so i can measure open loop areas.
    But what if i want to run closed loop area to 13 afr? Is there a way? If not, can i run the whole map in open loop in order to achieve afr 13?

OK, cool you have a WBCX.......I thought you did, but couldn't find the post to verify. You can NOT target 13.0 AFR in closed loop, that's not how things work. Yes you can force OL fuel control and tune it to whatever AFR you want. Personally I would advise that you "tighten up" the CL range and then where needed (higher RPM and load) enter performance enrichment by way of OL fuel control

There is a video showing you how to enter OL fuel control somewhere on YouTube. Also, perhaps my CL-OL guide would show you how......I can't even remember.

Member #
    Odometer
    If you chose to work with the stock ECU, you just need to find a competent tuner familiar with the best tools for the job........or be willing to dive in an learn.
    100% agree with you. I have not givin up yet, In my local area only one MC Dynojet Dyno and they dont know shit about groms or PV3 lol

And the other Dynojet Tuner that does know his shit is 1hr and 15mins from me,,, He favors Pcv setups to tune and said he would have to dig into the PV3 software and get familiarize. For what he wants to charge and his lack of desire to learn pv3...

No thank you Im not going to pay him to learn it, I would be better off going Aracer and get the learning curve over with just like I did when I purchased all DJ products

BUT NOT YET

This user has no status.

Member #

Do you think the slower processing speed is a limiting factor? Is the ECU doing something to affect your fueling or timing that you did not intend?

This user has no status.

Member #

OK, cool you have a WBCX.......I thought you did, but couldn't find the post to verify. You can NOT target 13.0 AFR in closed loop, that's not how things work. Yes you can force OL fuel control and tune it to whatever AFR you want. Personally I would advise that you "tighten up" the CL range and then where needed (higher RPM and load) enter performance enrichment by way of OL fuel control

There is a video showing you how to enter OL fuel control somewhere on YouTube. Also, perhaps my CL-OL guide would show you how......I can't even remember.
    Now i have CL up to 5000rpm and OL from there to 10500rpm.
    The problem is i try to set OL with the script and tunelab and afr are not consistent to what i set it to...
    Maybe needs many tries with tunelab till its consistent?
    With this i mean that is not one time setting tunelab with logs and takes lots of times modifying the map with tunelab, flashing the corrected map, take logs and start all over again and again untill the map shows the exact afr i want... Is that correct?

Member #
    Odometer
    Do you think the slower processing speed is a limiting factor? Is the ECU doing something to affect your fueling or timing that you did not intend?
    I have full DHM set up, he is familiar with Pv3 and of course his own Flashing capability.

Ive asked David why doesnt he offer a tune for his setups flashed to stock Ecu, he said that very thing stock Ecu is not fast enough and limited to keep up with these type of mod setups,,, He himself prefers Aracer

No un-intended effects from Ecu for fueling or timing but its also not perfect, I honestly feel like my setup has more to give than the ECU will allow, unless I bite the bullet and take to dyno...
    Last edited by dubSolo; 10-11-2019 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Bite not bight lol
    Super!Stock 2018 DSR Honda Grom

Dhm Custom Hi Comp Piston
    Dhm Race Ported Cylinder Hd
    Dhm Velocity Intake Dcr2 Cam
    Stock Ported TB Hindle Exhaust
    Lightend Flywheel and Oil spinner
    Takgawa Crank Support 4th Bearing
    Takgawa Hi Ign Coil w/NGK Cable
    Takgawa Hi Flw Oil Pump w/Opmid
    Clutch Plate Mod w/SMR Springs
    Galfer Disk Wave Rotors and pads