OG Owners with DG Header + OEM Muffler
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on OG Owners with DG Header + OEM Muffler within the Grom Performance forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; After a failed attempt (sort of) at removing the cat from an OE header pipe, I ordered (and just received) a DG Performance header. My ...

Thread: OG Owners with DG Header + OEM Muffler

This user has no status.

Member #

After a failed attempt (sort of) at removing the cat from an OE header pipe, I ordered (and just received) a DG Performance header.

My intent is to install with the OEM muffler. Iíve seen multiple reports of people successfully installing this combination.

I canít get the DG header to fully seat into the muffler. There is still a gap in the split end of the muffler because the header wonít seat. I had to remove the OE muffler gasket, so thatís out of the way.

Did anyone else with this combo have to grind or ďfitĒ their DG header to get it to seat properly?

ETA: Picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by MKE GROMLIN; 07-10-2019 at 06:00 PM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I think Iím just going to grind down the header until itís a tight slip fit, then add some Ultra Copper RTV for good measure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This user has no status.

Member #
    I had to slot the holes in the stock muffler so that it slid all the way down onto the header.

After about 6 months the muffler at the smallest portion at the top of your picture cracked completely due to lack of gasket and vibrations. I ended up cleaning up the end of the stock exhaust pipe, welding on a thin walled piece of pipe that was the same size as the end of the header, then got some metal flex pipe to join the two.

Sponsored Links