Need Help On Which Exaust Should I Get & Why? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Need Help On Which Exaust Should I Get & Why?

This is a discussion on Need Help On Which Exaust Should I Get & Why? within the Grom Performance forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; Originally Posted by Wibbly Yoshi is an asshole exhaust. everyone has one. nothing against them but they're absolutely everywhere. they produce a good product at ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Need Help On Which Exaust Should I Get & Why?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibbly View Post
    Yoshi is an asshole exhaust. everyone has one. nothing against them but they're absolutely everywhere. they produce a good product at a reasonable price. no shit they're popular.
    There's a reason they're everywhere. They work! LOL I'm a Yoshimura fan on anything. If they make an exhaust for something you know it's going to make the vehicle sound and perform better.

Quote Originally Posted by tooter View Post

I have both a TOCE and IXIL. I got a TOCE because it has a very long small diameter head pipe for more low rpm torque which is compatible with a small stock displacement engine. Recently got an IXIL just because I like how it looks and am curious how a 16 inch head pipe performs when compared to a 42 inch head pipe. The IXIL took some cutting and grinding to get it to work decently. I also had a MNNTHBX on my Ruckus. I gutted it, lengthened the head pipe, and put Supertrapp tuning disks on it. The MNNTHBX is twice as loud on a Grom because it's a dual with an extremely short head pipe that appears to be only about 12 inches.
    I also like the look of the Ixil exhaust. Why did you have to cut it to fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Will View Post
    Agreed. One of the only reasons I did buy it, EVERYONE has it and not worth the price you pay for a Grom. Ended up going with the Carbon Tyga exhaust from the head back. Haven't looked back since putting it over 4 years ago and still sounds amazing.
    Certainly worth the money to me. Again, you get a product from a proven company with a good reputation. It's high quality, it improves performance and it sounds awesome. Not sure what else you could want.
    Last edited by 50-50; 06-03-2019 at 06:18 AM.

This user has no status.
    Member #
    Odometer
    1500 km
    Header has to be larger than stock... Any brand... Cheap exhaustes leak and shit. Akrapovic is made for 125 engine.. Just for saying

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk
    50-50, tooter and WV_Grom like this.

is wishing I could keep all the
    bikes I've owned.
    Member #
    Hindle will give you hearing damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    It seems like there is always one more thing to buy, THEN Iíll really notice a difference in performance.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.
    Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by MSX UD ITA View Post
    Header has to be larger than stock... Any brand... Cheap exhaustes leak and shit.
    Larger is good... but too large is not as good.

Akrapovic is made for 125 engine.. Just for saying

I believe you're right. Akropovic very likely sizes their head pipe diameter in order to get the best performance for the stock engine displacement. If it's a little small for a BBK that's ok because the exhaust gas velocity will increase while still retaining its laminar flow properties. I see some exhausts with quite large diameter head pipes, and suspect they might not help the performance on a 125 as much as if they were smaller.
    Last edited by tooter; 06-03-2019 at 02:02 PM.
    Paultergeist likes this.
    2018 GROM: Modified for reliability longevity gas mileage... and fun.

This user has no status.
    Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    I also like the look of the Ixil exhaust. Why did you have to cut it to fit?
    So do I.
    I give a 10/10 on the design,
    and it only weighs 4 pounds.

Need Help On Which Exaust Should I Get & Why?-img_1138.jpg

The IXIL didn't perform as well as the TOCE and I got really curious as to why. So I cut it in half to have a look inside, and discovered that the weld burn through had restricted the head pipe.

Need Help On Which Exaust Should I Get & Why?-ge4kowk.jpg

So I ported it.

Need Help On Which Exaust Should I Get & Why?-lhipkxo.jpg
    And while I had everything torn apart, I also cut the screens off the baffles and ported them to smooth out the flow.

Need Help On Which Exaust Should I Get & Why?-8rdxlqp.jpg

Then I had a local welder weld it up and I riveted all the parts back together. It performs much better now!
    solidjohnny and 50-50 like this.

This user has no status.
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MSX UD ITA View Post
    Header has to be larger than stock... Any brand... Cheap exhaustes leak and shit. Akrapovic is made for 125 engine.. Just for saying

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk
    you talking about those pipes off Ebay that leak and shit? tbh I believe I am going to pull the trigger on the Akrapovic. been thinking about the Yoshi R-77 bluish can but cant get the preorder shit to work right or wont take it. says they have 15 left. Akrapovic to me sounds the best with the baffle out. I havent seen anyone here where I live rolling around with Akrapovic
    50-50 likes this.

is wishing I could keep all the
    bikes I've owned.
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Proto006 View Post
    you talking about those pipes off Ebay that leak and shit? tbh I believe I am going to pull the trigger on the Akrapovic. been thinking about the Yoshi R-77 bluish can but cant get the preorder shit to work right or wont take it. says they have 15 left. Akrapovic to me sounds the best with the baffle out. I havent seen anyone here where I live rolling around with Akrapovic
    You're getting the titanium system? Its listed at like $700!! The great thing about titanium is the header won't turn all brown and dingy looking like all the stainless steel systems I've seen so far.
    tooter and 50-50 like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    It seems like there is always one more thing to buy, THEN Iíll really notice a difference in performance.

This user has no status.
    Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by solidjohnny View Post
    The great thing about titanium is the header won't turn all brown and dingy looking like all the stainless steel systems I've seen so far.
    You're right. My stainless FMF Power Bomb header turned black over the years to match the rest of the bike. (lol)

Need Help On Which Exaust Should I Get & Why?-img_1095.jpg
    Last edited by tooter; 06-03-2019 at 07:19 PM.
    MSX UD ITA likes this.

This user has no status.
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by solidjohnny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Proto006 View Post
    You're getting the titanium system? Its listed at like $700!! The great thing about titanium is the header won't turn all brown and dingy looking like all the stainless steel systems I've seen so far.
    yea, I'm wanting to po ull the trigger on the Arkapovic but if I'm able to get my preorder in with Yoshimura r&d site for the new R77 I'll be going into that direction. I'll be getting either one but looks like I'm more likely be getting the Arkapovic full system. I wanna do exhuast & intank prod the carbon intank. and switch out the stock oil spinner for the oil filter insert system. and get a power commander 5 Turner. switch out the yellow fender for a carbon fiber frontend and get the carbon fiber rear also. replace the front blinkers for the tst lights and do the integrated fender kit as well. I'd like to do a 300 engine swap but more then likely jus do the exhaust, intank, oil spinner swap out and then get a 2018 R6 the white volt yellow wheels. I jus gotta get this exhaust cause my grom stock too quite and jus awful sounding lol
    50-50 likes this.

is a centrifugal oil filter
    fetishist
    Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Yfz460 View Post
    My .02, and I apologize for itís neither the Akra or TOCE: the RPM race exhaust is certainly heard by drivers on the road and provides excellent power. In addition it already has a bung in place for a WBO2 if you ever need it. Also, I love that it tucks up close to the engine & frame as my bike gets used as a pit vehicle & sees some woods action on occasion.

Cans used are Danmoto which are nowhere near the quality of Akra, but the headpipe is excellent quality, and my race can has been holding up just fine for 3 years now.

Itís loud, but sounds phenomenal, provides excellent power, and is an excellent fit. Not sure if this system performs the same as the Brockís but Iíd be willing to bet theyíre very close...

Between the Akra and TOCE, Iíd pick up the Akra. In my opinion, the Grom looks awkward with an undertail. Luckily itís only an opinion!
    I ran a RPM with race can for 6 miles I think and I agree on the fact it's loud. Loud is the understatement of the century I guess. It does sound very good indeed.
    The header is very strong, if you're in a fight and hesitate between a crowbar and a baseball bat just take the RPM header instead, it's much stronger!

What I don't like on mine is the fact it doesn't have a hanger (?) to support the header. It bolts to the head and hangs from the can, that puts a lot of stress on the can rivets and I needed to fix that after only 2000 miles. But I've seen some RPM headers that had that hanger so I'm not sure what's going on with that.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links