Stock Grom Engine 0-60 mph almost :) in 13 sec. Nothing but the bolt on mods! - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Stock Grom Engine 0-60 mph almost :) in 13 sec. Nothing but the bolt on mods!

This is a discussion on Stock Grom Engine 0-60 mph almost :) in 13 sec. Nothing but the bolt on mods! within the Grom Performance forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; Wibbly dude, how old are you? Wtf, you're a hater for us Grom rippers lol. Best wishes seriously....

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Stock Grom Engine 0-60 mph almost :) in 13 sec. Nothing but the bolt on mods!

is Hauling ass on a Grom.

Member #
    Odometer
    Wibbly dude, how old are you? Wtf, you're a hater for us Grom rippers lol. Best wishes seriously.

Banned
    This user has no status.

Member #
    ha. you've never seen a hater.

i'm just a truth seeker. the internet is full of fucking bullshit. people spouting off garbage for thousands to read and believe to be factual. it's retarded and incredibly damaging. there is more BAD info on these boards than good.

i'm 34, been riding since i was 18. on bike # 8 or 9, can't remember. i'm a master electrician, i own an automation company, and i build motorcycles.

your speedo is wrong. GPS it and stop lying to everyone.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wibbly View Post
    ha. you've never seen a hater.

i'm just a truth seeker. the internet is full of fucking bullshit. people spouting off garbage for thousands to read and believe to be factual. it's retarded and incredibly damaging. there is more BAD info on these boards than good.

i'm 34, been riding since i was 18. on bike # 8 or 9, can't remember. i'm a master electrician, i own an automation company, and i build motorcycles.

your speedo is wrong. GPS it and stop lying to everyone.
    I ain't lying you dumb shit. I've been totally up front. I'll whoop your ass any day on one of my bikes.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

Member #
    Odometer
    Wibbly is a cunt... you all heard it hear.
    Last edited by Leo310; 04-09-2019 at 12:10 AM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo310 View Post
    Wibbly is a cunt... you all heard it hear.
    There's no need for that. He's an old man shouting at clouds - in a younger man's body. And its 'here' not 'hear'.

Your posts were interesting at first, but they've got progressively more annoying. Put a GPS on it and tell us exactly how fast it goes. All this guessing and estimating and extrapolating is bending my brain.

Gold Supporting Member
    Supporting Member
    This user has no status.

Member #
    I'd be curious to see GPS speed myself. Download the speedometer app and mount it the bike. You'll either shut up the doubters or find out exactly how far off your speedo is.
    m in sc and dubSolo like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo310 View Post
    ....If you want to go faster for longer with the stock engine open that intake all the way and ditch that air box!!

I believe there are three factors involved in my last mod.

1) The increase in air volume into the throttle body at all rpm's and speeds (disregarding intake air velocity which is not a noticeable thing for a stock Grom engine I think).
    2) The removal of the air box. I believe the air box acts as an air dam that produces a lot of drag. Along with the side scoops the effect is like a mini parachute that is getting pushed into the wind. Removing the air box will help you go faster with your side panels on.
    3) The crank case blow by gasses are now routed to the atmosphere and only clean, filtered air is getting sucked into the throttle body for mix and combustion.....
    Interesting theories......I can see validity in all of those possibilities.

Maximum speed threads are rather common on this forum, and they are often cause for much debate. It is difficult for the average rider to calculate their maximum speed in a consistent fashion. GPS is best, and things such as wind and grade of road can be other confounding factors.

As for the intake, many others have modified their intakes -- or even tried a "Chimera" style -- and found no change in top speed. I am among this group.

Enjoy the ride.

is hiding the credit card from
    the Grom!!

Member #
    Odometer
    Leo, everybody here is trying to help you out. Honda F'd up with the Grom, the speedo seems to the be worst in the industry. I have yet to see 1 Grom with a speedo that is accurate enough to align with GPS. Hell, I know of a factory Grom that was way off, speedo was showing 60mph, but his GPS (and mine as well) was only showing 51mph. Figure the error in that. It is common. Download a free GPS app, open it up, jump on the bike, ride to 60mph on the speedo, compare it to your GPS, and get your factory error from that. Once you do all that all these other numbers you currentl have can be factored into that and we'll all be listening.

As you can see we are all interested in your tests and results. We just want to help you to be accurate with those results.
    tooter, Paultergeist and Phoenix like this.
    2017 Grom
    Koso 4V GF Ported / Drowsports 181 piston / Takegawa Oil Pump, Cam Chain Tensioner, Crank Support Kit & Catch Can
    Koso 34mm TB GF Ported / DynoJet PCV, WB2 & AFR / GF Manual Cam Chain Adjuster
    Drow Sports CF Intake & Oil Cooler / Hindle Exhaust / OPMID 2 Temp Gauge
    Kitaco Clutch Cover / SMR 6 Disc Clutch & 60% Springs / Chimera Clutch Plate
    RacingBros Adj Fork Kit and Shicane HLR Shock / Vagabond Fender Eliminator
    Seat Concepts

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Djezspin View Post
    Leo, everybody here is trying to help you out. Honda F'd up with the Grom, the speedo seems to the be worst in the industry. I have yet to see 1 Grom with a speedo that is accurate enough to align with GPS. Hell, I know of a factory Grom that was way off, speedo was showing 60mph, but his GPS (and mine as well) was only showing 51mph. Figure the error in that. It is common. Download a free GPS app, open it up, jump on the bike, ride to 60mph on the speedo, compare it to your GPS, and get your factory error from that. Once you do all that all these other numbers you currentl have can be factored into that and we'll all be listening.

As you can see we are all interested in your tests and results. We just want to help you to be accurate with those results.
    There might be another way. Do you know of any chart that shows mph @ rpms in 4th gear on a stock Grom?
    2018 GROM: Modified for reliability longevity gas mileage... and fun.

is hiding the credit card from
    the Grom!!

Member #
    Odometer
    http://gearingcommander.com may get you something but I'm not sure just how accurate their formulas are.
    tooter likes this.
    2017 Grom
    Koso 4V GF Ported / Drowsports 181 piston / Takegawa Oil Pump, Cam Chain Tensioner, Crank Support Kit & Catch Can
    Koso 34mm TB GF Ported / DynoJet PCV, WB2 & AFR / GF Manual Cam Chain Adjuster
    Drow Sports CF Intake & Oil Cooler / Hindle Exhaust / OPMID 2 Temp Gauge
    Kitaco Clutch Cover / SMR 6 Disc Clutch & 60% Springs / Chimera Clutch Plate
    RacingBros Adj Fork Kit and Shicane HLR Shock / Vagabond Fender Eliminator
    Seat Concepts

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links