Differences between the new Yuminashi ECU and Finbro’s ECU ? - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Differences between the new Yuminashi ECU and Finbro’s ECU ?

This is a discussion on Differences between the new Yuminashi ECU and Finbro’s ECU ? within the Grom Performance forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; they are not the same. the yuminashi is a grom ecu, the finbro is a cbr150R...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Differences between the new Yuminashi ECU and Finbro’s ECU ?

This user has no status.

Member #
    they are not the same. the yuminashi is a grom ecu, the finbro is a cbr150R

is Living the Dream

Member #
    ^^^^^What he said, but it works^^^^^

but you would be better off with the Yuminashi because it is cheaper than the Finbro

is breaking shit and taking names

Member #
    they are def not the same. and, for whatever reason, the yuminashi ones is OK with the PCV writing a functional map in the closed loop, whereas the finblow wont allow it (from what i have read). I dont know why. But it works.

also, side note for potential PCV/Yuminashi users, the 'rev extend' limiter does work with the yuminashi (that has no limiter), actually adding a rev limiter to the system, which IMHO is a good thing, especially incase of a mis shift.
    Last edited by m in sc; 04-10-2019 at 10:02 PM.
    Djezspin and farkas like this.
    Too many toys? nah. 09 Ducati sport classic, 74 rd350 LC hybrid, 73 RD350, 73 Kawasaki S2a, 67 Kawasaki C2TR 120 Roadrunner, 71 Kawasaki G3SS powered by a CR85 liquid cooled lump, 74 Moto-Morini 3 1/2 strada, 84 Yamaha RZ350, 1962 Ford falcon, 76 Ford maverick, very early 1970 non-us Spec Yamaha R5, 89 Yamaha DT50 bought NEW in 2015, 2015 KTM 390 Duke, 72 yamaha CS5.. . oh.. and 2014 Honda Grom with lots of mods.. (some useful, most not)

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    So, to update my previous post. My Finbro and my friend's Yuminashi are about the same performance wise. We are both able to hit 70mph easily and he has a much better cold start. Again, refer to my previous post for the mod list. Personally if you want to have a budget bolt on bike, I wouldn't be against this ECU. The plugs look identical as well

is Living the Dream

Member #
    One of my grom friend in SF has used the Finbro ECM with PCV and was able to make it work and his engine was a 125 with a lot of other stuff he did to the engine such as cam etc. The Finbro or yuminashi are good choice but like I said the yuminashi is cheaper in cost $70 vers $125 for the Finbro.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by c0rkscrew View Post
    So, to update my previous post. My Finbro and my friend's Yuminashi are about the same performance wise. We are both able to hit 70mph easily and he has a much better cold start. Again, refer to my previous post for the mod list. Personally if you want to have a budget bolt on bike, I wouldn't be against this ECU. The plugs look identical as well
    Neither would I. For the price, I was willing to take the chance. And I believe that's the biggest difference. My Yuminashi has no cold starting issues. It cold starts and idles without touching the throttle. I can smell a hint of fuel in the exhaust on cold idle so the mixture is plenty rich enough to keep the engine from dying. I just changed 4 wires, plugged it in, and ran it.
    2018 GROM:
    TOCE Dual Exhaust
    Yuminashi ECU
    TST Rear Fender Eliminator
    TST Taillight +Signal Lights
    TST Front Signal Lights
    Dinger Built Extra Long Intake
    Honda Monkey Rear Sets
    Honda Monkey Front Fender
    Honda Monkey Fork Guards
    Honda Black Plastics
    G Craft Rear Rack
    Cargo Crate

is hiding the credit card from
    the Grom!!

Member #
    Odometer
    I'm currently tuning my new build and I'm running a 4 gear map in PCV. My ECU refuses to let my PCV control the rev limit in 1st gear and hiccups every once in a while in 2nd gear. No problems in 3rd. I ordered my Yuminashi on Thursday. If all I get from it is the fact there is no rev limit and my PCV can take care of the rest then I'm going to say that the $75 is more than worth it. If I can in fact start controlling the AFR's in the closed loop with the Yuminashi then even better. But the arguing between the stock ECU and PCV rev limit just has to stop. It's worse than arguing with the wife
    2017 Grom
    Kitaco NEO 181 2V / Takegawa Oil Pump, Cam Chain Tensioner, Crank Support Kit & Catch Can
    DynoJet PCV, WB2 & AFR / OPMID 2 Temp / RPM Dual Gauge Mount
    Koso 34mm TB / Drow Sports CF Intake & Oil Cooler / Hindle Exhaust / Port Matched Head
    Kitaco Clutch Cover / SMR 6 Disc Clutch & 60% Springs / Chimera Clutch Plate
    Michelin PP SC2's / EBC Vee-Rotors & HH Pads / 15/32t & 420NZ3 Chain / SpeedoDRD
    RacingBros Adj Fork Kit and Shicane HLR Shock / Vagabond Fender Eliminator
    Seat Concepts

is breaking shit and taking names

Member #
    ^ yup. you;ll be good. it will take a WHILE for a 4 gear map to tune, did on mine. the yuminashi ecu when 1st put in will cause the mids to be very rich, just be warned, its a pia. I actually added -5 to all the tables to get it to tune faster, it helped. .02
    Djezspin likes this.
    Too many toys? nah. 09 Ducati sport classic, 74 rd350 LC hybrid, 73 RD350, 73 Kawasaki S2a, 67 Kawasaki C2TR 120 Roadrunner, 71 Kawasaki G3SS powered by a CR85 liquid cooled lump, 74 Moto-Morini 3 1/2 strada, 84 Yamaha RZ350, 1962 Ford falcon, 76 Ford maverick, very early 1970 non-us Spec Yamaha R5, 89 Yamaha DT50 bought NEW in 2015, 2015 KTM 390 Duke, 72 yamaha CS5.. . oh.. and 2014 Honda Grom with lots of mods.. (some useful, most not)

is hiding the credit card from
    the Grom!!

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by m in sc View Post
    ^ yup. you;ll be good. it will take a WHILE for a 4 gear map to tune, did on mine. the yuminashi ecu when 1st put in will cause the mids to be very rich, just be warned, its a pia. I actually added -5 to all the tables to get it to tune faster, it helped. .02
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll be watching my AFR's closely. Can't wait for ECU to come in. It's going to be about a week before it ships because I ordered a few other items that are on backorder. I should've just placed 2 orders, lol.
    2017 Grom
    Kitaco NEO 181 2V / Takegawa Oil Pump, Cam Chain Tensioner, Crank Support Kit & Catch Can
    DynoJet PCV, WB2 & AFR / OPMID 2 Temp / RPM Dual Gauge Mount
    Koso 34mm TB / Drow Sports CF Intake & Oil Cooler / Hindle Exhaust / Port Matched Head
    Kitaco Clutch Cover / SMR 6 Disc Clutch & 60% Springs / Chimera Clutch Plate
    Michelin PP SC2's / EBC Vee-Rotors & HH Pads / 15/32t & 420NZ3 Chain / SpeedoDRD
    RacingBros Adj Fork Kit and Shicane HLR Shock / Vagabond Fender Eliminator
    Seat Concepts

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by Djezspin View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll be watching my AFR's closely. Can't wait for ECU to come in. It's going to be about a week before it ships because I ordered a few other items that are on backorder. I should've just placed 2 orders, lol.
    Just heads up, dj...
    ...repinning the wires is tedious. DO NOT CUT any wires because some go into empty sockets on the connector. Instead pull out the wires from connector WITH the sockets attached. Also double check the socket numbering. If you use the Honda shop manual as your reference, remember the numbering diagram is of the ECM side with the male terminals, NOT the connector side with the female terminals. Check, double check, triple check you're moving the right wires to the right locations so you only need to do it once. If they're done right the ECU will work great.
    Djezspin likes this.
    2018 GROM:
    TOCE Dual Exhaust
    Yuminashi ECU
    TST Rear Fender Eliminator
    TST Taillight +Signal Lights
    TST Front Signal Lights
    Dinger Built Extra Long Intake
    Honda Monkey Rear Sets
    Honda Monkey Front Fender
    Honda Monkey Fork Guards
    Honda Black Plastics