the new 'yuminashi' ecu and PCV/WB install/ initial test - Page 7
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

the new 'yuminashi' ecu and PCV/WB install/ initial test

This is a discussion on the new 'yuminashi' ecu and PCV/WB install/ initial test within the Grom Performance forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; Originally Posted by m in sc well... and so it goes. was running great, took it out at lunch, afrs were on-point through rev range..... ...

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: the new 'yuminashi' ecu and PCV/WB install/ initial test

is Big Ol' Pile of Dem Bones

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by m in sc View Post
    well... and so it goes. was running great, took it out at lunch, afrs were on-point through rev range..... then lost compression going into 4th. temp was fine, but i was at around 74mph top of 3rd winding the PISS out of it then nothing. didnt lock up, no aluminum on plug (plug actually looked great). think a valve either -just- kissed piston or hung somehow. no blown headgasket. but i was easily over 11.5k. woops! i'll dig into it when i get back in a few weeks from the mts.
    ^^^^ That is so badazz!

Hope it's not terminal and an easy fix.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by tooter View Post
    This is all fascinating information because no one has gone here before. I'd be curious how well the Yuminashi would work stand-alone without any other devices.
    Ill let you know soon. I ordered the ecu and the 180cc 12 hole high performance injector a few days ago and dont plan on running any type of fuel controller but I do have one if need be.

i have finbro 183cc bbk, with JE piston, finbro TB. right now im running the stock head that I ported/polished myself but I also have the Finbro super head. I was considering putting it back on but the bike never really ran very good with the super head on. seemed to be a constant battle to get the bike to idle right. Imo the quality was pretty poor but that was way back when.

Im curious if anyone has any idea on shipping times? I havnt bought any parts from thailand in a long time and cant remember.
    50-50 and tooter like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoTG26 View Post
    Ill let you know soon. I ordered the ecu and the 180cc 12 hole high performance injector a few days ago and dont plan on running any type of fuel controller but I do have one if need be.

i have finbro 183cc bbk, with JE piston, finbro TB. right now im running the stock head that I ported/polished myself but I also have the Finbro super head. I was considering putting it back on but the bike never really ran very good with the super head on. seemed to be a constant battle to get the bike to idle right. Imo the quality was pretty poor but that was way back when.

Im curious if anyone has any idea on shipping times? I havnt bought any parts from thailand in a long time and cant remember.
    I ordered the ecu and injector around 2 months ago and they keep saying that they’re waiting for the injectors to be produced

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Parksie View Post
    I ordered the ecu and injector around 2 months ago and they keep saying that they’re waiting for the injectors to be produced

yep I sent Yuminashi a text about their cam chain arm unit and they never responded back.

I have ordered from other companies such as Japanwebike and they say they don't have the part and I have to wait like up to two months but in the end I do get my parts from them.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    yep I sent Yuminashi a text about their cam chain arm unit and they never responded back.

I have ordered from other companies such as Japanwebike and they say they don't have the part and I have to wait like up to two months but in the end I do get my parts from them.
    This thread prompted me to message them again, Reggy replied pretty promptly saying that they’re still having trouble with the 12 hole injectors so still hasn’t sent the parts. We’ve agreed on him sending a different injector (pcx150) instead.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    I tried to get simple answers out of Yuminashi via Facebook Messenger and all I got was nonsensical Changlish.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by MotoTG26 View Post

I ordered the Yuminashi ECU and it arrived in about two weeks. It automatically adjusts to any changes I make without needing to be reset. And while it doesn't have any cold start fast idle feature like the stock ECU, the engine starts easily with no problems and idles slow but rich without stalling. The engine is more responsive and I'm getting superb gas mileage. I'm totally happy with it.
    2018 GROM:
    TST Rear Fender Eliminator
    TST Taillight +Signal Lights
    TST Front Signal Lights
    Dinger Built Extra Long Intake
    IXIL Dual Exhaust
    Yuminashi ECU
    Kitaco Case Cover w/Oil Filter
    Takagawa High Volume Oil Pump
    Honda Monkey Rear Sets
    Honda Monkey Front Fender
    Honda Monkey Fork Guards
    Honda Black Plastics
    G Craft Rear Rack
    Cargo Crate

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by m in sc View Post
    no, the real answer is that, it works. IF like me, you had all this stuff already, instead of just replacing all of it, you can just add a 75 dollar ecu and get the results. thats who this thread is really for, im not saying to do this from scratch.
    IF the current standalones were available when i started i would have gone the other way. ...actually, i did, i had the 1st gen api ecu from yuminashi and it was fucking garbage. No wide-band capability, was terrible. and it would lose the maps. But at the time it was the only one available.
    Ah, glad I read through the whole thread - I saw previous post https://www.hondagrom.net/forums/7-g...tml#post431952 which suggested they were garbage but it's not the same product as today.

I'm keen on one of these new ECUs - can't justify the cost of a PCV for this bike where the gains are fairly minimal... but the Yuminashi ECU sounds like excellent bang for the buck given my planned mods (BMC filter, snorkel and intake runner removed).

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN Grom View Post
    Ah, glad I read through the whole thread - I saw previous post https://www.hondagrom.net/forums/7-g...tml#post431952 which suggested they were garbage but it's not the same product as today.

I'm keen on one of these new ECUs - can't justify the cost of a PCV for this bike where the gains are fairly minimal... but the Yuminashi ECU sounds like excellent bang for the buck given my planned mods (BMC filter, snorkel and intake runner removed).
    That's all I have (intake and exhaust) and it works just fine without my needing to mess with anything or even reset it. I'm totally pleased.
    2018 GROM:
    TST Rear Fender Eliminator
    TST Taillight +Signal Lights
    TST Front Signal Lights
    Dinger Built Extra Long Intake
    IXIL Dual Exhaust
    Yuminashi ECU
    Kitaco Case Cover w/Oil Filter
    Takagawa High Volume Oil Pump
    Honda Monkey Rear Sets
    Honda Monkey Front Fender
    Honda Monkey Fork Guards
    Honda Black Plastics
    G Craft Rear Rack
    Cargo Crate

is is a centrifugal oil filter
    fetishist

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CDN Grom View Post

You can get a reflash for 20-25$ more, it retains the cold start function and all the other stock functions the Yuminashi ECU doesn't have.
    You can even reset it if you'd want, something else that's not possible with the Yumi ECU.
    They will even reflash it for a small amount if you change hardware on your bike.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsored Links