DHMotoring Grom Stage 1 reflash ECU
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on DHMotoring Grom Stage 1 reflash ECU within the Grom Performance forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; Has anyone here done the ECU reflash for the Grom from DHMotoring? I've been looking around but haven't heard peoples reviews or thoughts about the ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: DHMotoring Grom Stage 1 reflash ECU

This user has no status.

Member #

Has anyone here done the ECU reflash for the Grom from DHMotoring? I've been looking around but haven't heard peoples reviews or thoughts about the reflash. Just wondering if it has made the bike feel any different.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    for me I say you would be better off finding a used PCV with WB02 or get a used Aracer mini 2+ because you can tune to the various type of hardware you buy for your grom, or buy a Finbro ECU.

Here is the info on their website and only works on OG ECU, but can be used with SF grom with I guess some wire changes

We're now officially offering an ECU flashing service for your Honda Grom! Our stage 1 software cleans up the air/fuel ratio and optimizes ignition timing on bikes with intake and exhaust modifications.Looking at the dyno graph, you'll see the blue and green lines that are the graphs for the stock, unmodified ECU. It runs extremely lean up top and therefore only makes around 6-7HP at 9200rpm. By controlling the air/fuel ratio we're able to extract up to 3HP more in the higher RPMs. The peak number is only about 1hp but in a race on the street the tuned bike will continue to pull gear after gear because it does not lose power after 7,000rpm.Our ECU flash not only increases horsepower, but it also makes the engine run safer now that it has adequate fueling. We've also calibrated the flash so that it is still perfectly safe to run with 87 octane fuel!***This is the best alternative to a fuel controller, especially at the price point. You no longer need to spend hundreds of dollars on a tuner if you only have simple bolt-ons on your bike. If your bike is running a modified intake and exhaust this is your ticket to a smooth running bike with OEM like ride-ability. Since we retain the stock ECU, the bike will start, run and idle like normal, but will produce more and safer power throughout the rev range.

The bottom line: Up to a 3HP gain compared to an untuned ECU!
    How to order:Currently this service is only available for the OG ECUs, ending in part number 911 (All US-spec OGs have this ECU). If your Grom is an SF, we can provide instructions on how to retrofit the OG ECU in to your SF. It's a simple process that takes about 5 minutes once you've removed your side fairing.The price for the stage 1 reflash is $105 which includes return shipping to you in the United States. You will need to send us your ECU and we will flash it and get it back in the mail by the following business day (1-day turnaround time). If you do not wish to have the downtime, I can provide a core flashed ECU to you. You will have to pay a $100 core charge which will be refunded once you send your original ECU back.If we revise the stage 1 software in the future we will update your ECU for free (you just pay shipping both ways). If you'd like to update to a different setup later on (big bore, cam, etc) we only charge a $35 upgrade fee which includes return shipping to you as well.
    Last edited by CiscoSanJose; 02-25-2019 at 03:31 PM.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    I have been wondering the same thing. Given that the stock engine only makes about 9 HP, I would think that an ECU swap-out which results in a power increase approaching 3 more HP would be a very dramatic change indeed. Even 1 HP (at peak) should be quite noticeable.

I have been cautiously waiting -- considering the idea of placing an order -- but I wanted to hear from a few other early-adopters first. If this proves to be valid, it seems like this is the easiest significant performance upgrade ever......weird that there has been so little discussion.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Some tools can reset certain types of MC ECM or even update and flash the ECM if you know what things to change.

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...1426637c47Fe4Z

This user has no status.

Member #
    David Is on this forum also, I believe he is flashing the sf ecus now also.

Im not running one of his flashed ecus, but I am running one of his high compressing 125 pistons, and he's going to be building me a large valve head soon. Hes a great guy and very easy to work with.
    jtxr likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    for me I say you would be better off finding a used PCV with WB02 or get a used Aracer mini 2+ because you can tune to the various type of hardware you buy for your grom, or buy a Finbro ECU.

Here is the info on their website and only works on OG ECU, but can be used with SF grom with I guess some wire changes

We're now officially offering an ECU flashing service for your Honda Grom! Our stage 1 software cleans up the air/fuel ratio and optimizes ignition timing on bikes with intake and exhaust modifications.Looking at the dyno graph, you'll see the blue and green lines that are the graphs for the stock, unmodified ECU. It runs extremely lean up top and therefore only makes around 6-7HP at 9200rpm. By controlling the air/fuel ratio we're able to extract up to 3HP more in the higher RPMs. The peak number is only about 1hp but in a race on the street the tuned bike will continue to pull gear after gear because it does not lose power after 7,000rpm.Our ECU flash not only increases horsepower, but it also makes the engine run safer now that it has adequate fueling. We've also calibrated the flash so that it is still perfectly safe to run with 87 octane fuel!***This is the best alternative to a fuel controller, especially at the price point. You no longer need to spend hundreds of dollars on a tuner if you only have simple bolt-ons on your bike. If your bike is running a modified intake and exhaust this is your ticket to a smooth running bike with OEM like ride-ability. Since we retain the stock ECU, the bike will start, run and idle like normal, but will produce more and safer power throughout the rev range.

The bottom line: Up to a 3HP gain compared to an untuned ECU!
    How to order:Currently this service is only available for the OG ECUs, ending in part number 911 (All US-spec OGs have this ECU). If your Grom is an SF, we can provide instructions on how to retrofit the OG ECU in to your SF. It's a simple process that takes about 5 minutes once you've removed your side fairing.The price for the stage 1 reflash is $105 which includes return shipping to you in the United States. You will need to send us your ECU and we will flash it and get it back in the mail by the following business day (1-day turnaround time). If you do not wish to have the downtime, I can provide a core flashed ECU to you. You will have to pay a $100 core charge which will be refunded once you send your original ECU back.If we revise the stage 1 software in the future we will update your ECU for free (you just pay shipping both ways). If you'd like to update to a different setup later on (big bore, cam, etc) we only charge a $35 upgrade fee which includes return shipping to you as well.
    The aRacer is a more complete and powerful option, but it is a bit more expensive.

That data is actually a little old, I am now capable of flashing all Grom ECUs, including the 2017-2019 and can now extend the rev limiter as well.

The 3HP is number is not a peak number, the peak gain was only 1hp, but at high RPM the difference is nearly 3hp. I'll get the site updated tonight.
    dhmotoring.com

is a centrifugal oil filter
    fetishist

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by activ3 View Post
    That data is actually a little old, I am now capable of flashing all Grom ECUs, including the 2017-2019 and can now extend the rev limiter as well.
    That's great news, well done!

Any chance you could flash EURO ecus? Part number 38770-K26-931

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    ....I am now capable of flashing all Grom ECUs, including the 2017-2019 and can now extend the rev limiter as well.

The 3HP is number is not a peak number, the peak gain was only 1hp, but at high RPM the difference is nearly 3hp. I'll get the site updated tonight.
    This is indeed wonderful news. I plan on sending you my ECU in the very near future.
    mikochu likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hope to have the DHM 186 tune on a 2018 ECU in the next couple of weeks. *crosses fingers*
    activ3 likes this.
    mikochu

2018 Honda Grom (Matte Gray)
    Engine: DHM 186 | 2x ECU: DHM 186 & Stock+PV3 Dank Tuned | Koso DB-03R w/ RaceDash | UEGO | MTake | DHM Header+Cheap Slip-on | Kitaco 60% Springs+Stock Plate | Superlite 16/32
    Suspension:
    RacingBros Front (7.5N/mm) / Rear (100N/mm)
    Chassis: Chimera Race Bolt | Speed Spacers | Womet-Tech Sliders | NDC Adjusters | TST Fender Eliminator | ProTaper SE Honda Mini | Neverlandback Mirrors | Corbin Saddle | Driven TT Rearsets

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    ......I am now capable of flashing all Grom ECUs, including the 2017-2019 and can now extend the rev limiter as well.
    David,
    I would like to send you my Grom ECU for a re-flash. My Grom, however, is a 2017, so I have the "SF" version. Your website currently indicates that you are only re-flashing the OG series ECUs.........I am just wanting to confirm details before I send in my SF ECU. Any guidance is appreciated.
    Paul

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links