DHMotoring Grom Stage 1 reflash ECU - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

DHMotoring Grom Stage 1 reflash ECU

This is a discussion on DHMotoring Grom Stage 1 reflash ECU within the Grom Performance forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; Originally Posted by asume Trying to figure out how to get the best of both worlds (low response and high rpm performance). The only way ...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: DHMotoring Grom Stage 1 reflash ECU

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by asume View Post
    Trying to figure out how to get the best of both worlds (low response and high rpm performance). The only way that I see is if I get head port service, and flat top piston. I'm trying to make this 125cc scream.
    Screaming engine is the road most travelled, so there is plenty of advice here on how to do it right. Higher compression will get you more power everywhere for sure, although it adds more stress on rod crank and bearings and you'll need to run premium fuel. Porting will definitely improve flow. If you go the tb cam route like everyone else, you'll exchange low rpm torque for high rpm horsepower. That's a trade everyone here is happy to make.

For how I use my Grom, I like an engine that pulls strong from 3,500 rpm and does 26 mph in 4th gear without lugging. I almost never pin the throttle, the engine rarely goes over 7,000 rpms unless I'm doing 55, and it does that easy without full throttle. The bike has absolutely NO problem keeping up with the vehicles around it without needing to spool up the engine. It's a joy to ride.

The Grom is not a high performance motorcycle... unless you want to make it into one.
    Last edited by tooter; 11-30-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    asume likes this.
    2018 GROM: Modified for reliability longevity gas mileage... and fun.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Read this on facebook this morning...

"Corey Yates
    i wouldn’t do the cam until the bbk.
    I have two Groms and the one with just a tb cam is too gutless down low.
    And thats even with the ren motowerks hi compression stock bore piston
    and tons of other upgrades.

People pretend the grom doesn’t spend much time down there but it does."

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by asume View Post
    Trying to figure out how to get the best of both worlds (low response and high rpm performance). The only way that I see is if I get head port service, and flat top piston. I'm trying to make this 125cc scream.
    We will have a kit with our high comp piston, tb cam, and reflash here in the next month or so. It should bring back some of the low end torque, but will require a minimum of 91 octane fuel.
    dhmotoring.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by tooter View Post
    Read this on facebook this morning...

"Corey Yates
    i wouldn’t do the cam until the bbk.
    I have two Groms and the one with just a tb cam is too gutless down low.
    And thats even with the ren motowerks hi compression stock bore piston
    and tons of other upgrades.

People pretend the grom doesn’t spend much time down there but it does."

Everyone is different. The TB cam and flash combo has been one of my best sellers and if you drop down to a 14t it makes it very rideable in my opinion, especially if you're one of those that likes to ride WOT everywhere.
    tooter and Paultergeist like this.
    dhmotoring.com

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by activ3 View Post
    Everyone is different. The TB cam and flash combo has been one of my best sellers and if you drop down to a 14t it makes it very rideable in my opinion, especially if you're one of those that likes to ride WOT everywhere.
    I totally agree.
    The well thought out products you offer exactly fit the riding style of your customers.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I just bought a dinger built mid and a Yosh ST-1M cam (already have the Yosh RS2). I guess I need a flash (until the AR mini 5 goes on sale - never) before I install.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by activ3 View Post
    We will have a kit with our high comp piston, tb cam, and reflash here in the next month or so. It should bring back some of the low end torque, but will require a minimum of 91 octane fuel.
    I went and got your tb cam, and reflash deal during the summer. The bike runs great and everything, but I'm looking for more flow, and a port job should do the trick. I'm interested in the high comp piston whenever it's available. Is a reflash needed for the high compression comp? I may have to send in my head for a port job from you guys. Keep us updated!

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    I did a round of upgrades last weekend from completely stock, to adding a Yoshimura rs-2 exhaust, dinger built short intake, TBolt cam, and DH motoring ECU. There was a noticeable loss of low end power, particularly when starting from a stop. However, there is certainly more power above 7k rpm. I encounter one hill on the way to work, where I get knocked a couple mph below the speed limit, and I'm confident these upgrades will give me that few extra.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by grom_commuter View Post
    I did a round of upgrades last weekend from completely stock, to adding a Yoshimura rs-2 exhaust, dinger built short intake, TBolt cam, and DH motoring ECU. There was a noticeable loss of low end power, particularly when starting from a stop. However, there is certainly more power above 7k rpm. I encounter one hill on the way to work, where I get knocked a couple mph below the speed limit, and I'm confident these upgrades will give me that few extra.
    Your experience is totally normal. Most riders wind their engines out all the time so the TB cam is perfect for them because the lobes are profiled for high rpm performance. Everything is a trade off. To gain high rpm horsepower you have to give up low rpm torque.

My engine is totally the opposite. My Grom is not fast. There's absolutely nothing over 7,000 rpm (~55 mph). I don't even bother trying to go past there as that's more than fast enough for all of my uses. However, I can climb our 12% grade driveway at 3,000 rpms without lugging the engine, so low rpm torque is perfect for me as it makes my Grom really pleasant to putt around on.

is dialing in the bike for my
    wife !

Member #
    Odometer
    3400 km
    Quote Originally Posted by grom_commuter View Post
    Longer intake might make a difference in the low end I expect.
    2015 OG Grom in Yellow - CJR ECU, TB cam, MNNTHBX Mtake, Outerwears, AODRacing high mount exhaust, FXCNC rearsets with GP shift, Koso temp gauge, TST sliders, ContiScoot tires, EBC HH front pads, RideItMoto levers, Renthal Road low bars and kevlar grips, Aliexpress tail tidy, Aliexpress 'Rizoma' axle sliders,

Pending - oil cooler, CoreMoto braided lines, kepspeed swingarm

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links