DHMotoring Grom Stage 1 reflash ECU - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

DHMotoring Grom Stage 1 reflash ECU

This is a discussion on DHMotoring Grom Stage 1 reflash ECU within the Grom Performance forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; Originally Posted by Paultergeist David, I would like to send you my Grom ECU for a re-flash. My Grom, however, is a 2017, so I ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: DHMotoring Grom Stage 1 reflash ECU

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Paultergeist View Post
    David,
    I would like to send you my Grom ECU for a re-flash. My Grom, however, is a 2017, so I have the "SF" version. Your website currently indicates that you are only re-flashing the OG series ECUs.........I am just wanting to confirm details before I send in my SF ECU. Any guidance is appreciated.
    Paul
    Hi Paul, I just updated the site to reflect the current offerings. I can flash the 2017 for you.
    Paultergeist likes this.
    dhmotoring.com

is a centrifugal oil filter
    fetishist

Member #
    No love for EURO ecus?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by activ3 View Post
    The aRacer is a more complete and powerful option, but it is a bit more expensive.

That data is actually a little old, I am now capable of flashing all Grom ECUs, including the 2017-2019 and can now extend the rev limiter as well.

The 3HP is number is not a peak number, the peak gain was only 1hp, but at high RPM the difference is nearly 3hp. I'll get the site updated tonight.
    I am super curious to your ECU reflash. I currently run the finbro ecu, and while it has done well with my 164cc bbk, big valve head, kitaco type 2 cam, and CBR150R injector, it does have its shortcomings.

Does your ECU reflash retain the automatic cold start enrichment / high idle solenoid? Proper use of the Intake Air temp sensor (which the finbro ecu does not)? Ability to reset the ecu (like stock)? Throw engine codes like stock? ability to set initial starting altitude map like the stock ecu? Retain kickstand safety shutoff?

Sorry for all the questions, but those are my gripes with the finbro ecu and if your ecu reflash can be done and still retain those stock functions and say set the revlimiter to 10.2K rpms, and simply work with a bbk with a proper sized injector ALA finbro ecu style.... IM SO DOWN!
    Last edited by nd4spdbh; 03-03-2019 at 07:34 PM.
    mikochu likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
    I am super curious to your ECU reflash. I currently run the finbro ecu, and while it has done well with my 164cc bbk, big valve head, kitaco type 2 cam, and CBR150R injector, it does have its shortcomings.

Does your ECU reflash retain the automatic cold start enrichment / high idle solenoid? Proper use of the Intake Air temp sensor (which the finbro ecu does not)? Ability to reset the ecu (like stock)? Throw engine codes like stock? ability to set initial starting altitude map like the stock ecu? Retain kickstand safety shutoff?

Sorry for all the questions, but those are my gripes with the finbro ecu and if your ecu reflash can be done and still retain those stock functions and say set the revlimiter to 10.2K rpms, and simply work with a bbk with a proper sized injector ALA finbro ecu style.... IM SO DOWN!
    If I remember correctly back in 2015-16 time frame I meet a grom rider from San Francisco who was using the Finbro ECU with WB02 unit and was able to run his grom engine pretty good. That was be another option.

This user has no status.

Member #

Yes. I'm just calibrating the maps within the stock ecu, so all of the functions remain the same (cold start, check engine light, kickstand safety, altitude settings, etc.). Do you have a wideband gauge installed?
    dhmotoring.com

is a centrifugal oil filter
    fetishist

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    No love for EURO ecus?
    I'll just keep spamming... lol

This user has no status.

Member #
    Yes. I'm just calibrating the maps within the stock ecu, so all of the functions remain the same (cold start, check engine light, kickstand safety, altitude settings, etc.). Do you have a wideband gauge installed?

Oh man thats awesome. I have really wanted to retain the stock functionality for a just get on a go ride.

I do not have a wideband installed as the finbro ecu i currently run has done a good job of keeping things fueled proper enough.

Does the 186 kit have a different flash vs your standard flash? If not it sounds like your standard flash with say a PCX injector for my 164 kit would work well as it should be plenty of injector and be able to trim down.

This user has no status.

Member #

Does the 186 kit have a different flash vs your standard flash? If not it sounds like your standard flash with say a PCX injector for my 164 kit would work well as it should be plenty of injector and be able to trim down.

Yes no maybe so?

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I'll just keep spamming... lol
    I have sent US spec ECUs to Australia and the UK and they have confirmed to function just fine, but I have not tried to reflash one here before. If you'd like to purchase a core and try it in your bike we can definitely work something out.

Oh man thats awesome. I have really wanted to retain the stock functionality for a just get on a go ride.

I do not have a wideband installed as the finbro ecu i currently run has done a good job of keeping things fueled proper enough.

Yes the fuel curve of the 186 is much different than a stock bore flash. I actually don't have a "standard" map that I send everyone unless they have a basic intake/exhaust. I have different files built for different cams, etc. For example, the fuel curve for a Hindle pipe is much different than it is for a Yoshi/2bros/Akra since it's so big and doesn't make any sort of torque in the lower rpm range.

I couldn't in full confidence send you a tuned ECU that I know would work properly with your setup. If you have a wideband gauge we can maybe work something out if you're interested.
    mikochu likes this.
    dhmotoring.com

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have sent US spec ECUs to Australia and the UK and they have confirmed to function just fine, but I have not tried to reflash one here before. If you'd like to purchase a core and try it in your bike we can definitely work something out.

Yes the fuel curve of the 186 is much different than a stock bore flash. I actually don't have a "standard" map that I send everyone unless they have a basic intake/exhaust. I have different files built for different cams, etc. For example, the fuel curve for a Hindle pipe is much different than it is for a Yoshi/2bros/Akra since it's so big and doesn't make any sort of torque in the lower rpm range.

I couldn't in full confidence send you a tuned ECU that I know would work properly with your setup. If you have a wideband gauge we can maybe work something out if you're interested.
    ah gotcha, makes sense. I dont know exactly how the stock ecus work just figured you targeted AFR's but the stock narowband can only do so much.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links