Honda Grom banner

carb installation kit: whos installed one?

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  m in sc 
#1 ·
I know you can bypass using it but id like to use the kit to keep the tps sensor active if I go this way

anybody installed one of the yosh kits?

#9 ·
I feel like this has came up before.

You could get an arduino and put speeduino on it. http://speeduino.com/
Very cheap ECU, with nearly limitless customization... Except, you need at least a little bit of computer/technical skills. And when i say a little, i mean more than the average person, probably.

Hmm... now that im back at stock... maybe... this would be something id look into.

Actually, it was brought up before, but not this project. one similar, but if i recall correctly, it was just for carbed and basically was just ignition timing.

#10 ·
yeah, im not liking that solution wit the box on the trees looks really cheey... if I get around to it i'll run a cable splitter and make my own under the bodywork for the TPS. the pcv will tell me how much its trying to adjust which will be a good tuning aid at throttle positions. I DO appreciate the info thoug.

#11 ·
I agree.. it's a COMPLETE eyesore. I was thinking maybe running a longer throttle cable so that I could mount the "TPS assembly" on the frame somewhere, but I wouldn't be caught dead putting it on the risers like that.

I'm sure it works fine without the TPS as I understand the ECU pulls a small amount of timing at idle to keep the fuel from loading up, but I'd really like to keep the function of the TPS. Certainly doesn't hurt to run carbs with "locked out" timing, but it definitely would help rideability to keep TPS functioning.

#12 ·
MY plan is to use the oldstock TB hidden under the bodywork. I'll never use it so why not? hm. gopt me thinking. I also want it completely reversible so a bolt-on adapter for the carb should beprety easy to mae

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.