carb installation kit: whos installed one? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

carb installation kit: whos installed one?

This is a discussion on carb installation kit: whos installed one? within the Grom Performance forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; Originally Posted by m in sc yeah, im not liking that solution wit the box on the trees looks really cheey... if I get around ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: carb installation kit: whos installed one?

is smaller the cc, bigger the pp.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by m in sc View Post
    yeah, im not liking that solution wit the box on the trees looks really cheey... if I get around to it i'll run a cable splitter and make my own under the bodywork for the TPS. the pcv will tell me how much its trying to adjust which will be a good tuning aid at throttle positions. I DO appreciate the info thoug.
    I agree.. it's a COMPLETE eyesore. I was thinking maybe running a longer throttle cable so that I could mount the "TPS assembly" on the frame somewhere, but I wouldn't be caught dead putting it on the risers like that.

I'm sure it works fine without the TPS as I understand the ECU pulls a small amount of timing at idle to keep the fuel from loading up, but I'd really like to keep the function of the TPS. Certainly doesn't hurt to run carbs with "locked out" timing, but it definitely would help rideability to keep TPS functioning.
    m in sc likes this.

is breaking shit and taking names

Member #
    MY plan is to use the oldstock TB hidden under the bodywork. I'll never use it so why not? hm. gopt me thinking. I also want it completely reversible so a bolt-on adapter for the carb should beprety easy to mae
    A bunch of old stuff that runs. 2stroke grom build...in process.. eventually...

This user has no status.

Member #
    MY plan is to use the oldstock TB hidden under the bodywork. I'll never use it so why not? hm. gopt me thinking. I also want it completely reversible so a bolt-on adapter for the carb should beprety easy to mae
    How would this work? Would you run a throttle cable to both the TB and the carb? The stock TPS would be in the tB, correct? So you would still need to open and close both together.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

is smaller the cc, bigger the pp.

Member #
    I'd really like to get the stock TPS off the TB and see how it functions... maybe we could find a clever way to retrofit

This user has no status.

Member #
    Well crap. I sold my TB and never thought about chopping it up to make a TPS adapter

is bTuUsNaAnSuUtB

Member #
    I personally was going to pick up a throttle cable for a dual carb setup, run 1 to the yoshi and the other to the TPS cam, I have enough old carb parts that I could fab up something small and tuck it into the frame under the tank

is breaking shit and taking names

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by keit29 View Post
    How would this work? Would you run a throttle cable to both the TB and the carb? The stock TPS would be in the tB, correct? So you would still need to open and close both together.
    yup. 1 to 2 cable splitters are very common.
    A bunch of old stuff that runs. 2stroke grom build...in process.. eventually...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links