Gave my oil spinner a diet. - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Gave my oil spinner a diet.

This is a discussion on Gave my oil spinner a diet. within the Grom Performance forums, part of the Honda Grom Garage category; There is more to it with the Kitco clutch side cover that are way more plus than doing the lightening oil spinner No longer have ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Gave my oil spinner a diet.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    There is more to it with the Kitco clutch side cover that are way more plus than doing the lightening oil spinner

No longer have to pull of the side cover and take off the cover for the spinner to clean out the inside of the spinner

No longer have to worry about tearing the the clutch side cover gasket or the spinner gasket

No longer have to worry about thinking did I really torqued down the spinner three bolts

No longer have oil dripping on your garage floor or roadway while doing the oil change, cleaning the oil spinner, cleaning the filter tray

No longer have to remove clutch cable when removing clutch side cover for oil change

No longer have to remove those 8 plus bolts to remove the clutch side cover

EZ of oil change and just replace the oil filter

EZ of checking oil level
    GlockPointer, SAMIYAM and mikochu like this.

is Just ripping around town.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by jtxr View Post
    I just pulled of my spinner from my 2015 Grom to do the Kitaco side cover with oil cooler. I was watching the Hardracing install video and noticed their spinner was way bigger than mine. I weighed mine and it weighs only 230 grams. Honda must have changed to a lighter spinner for 2015. A new spinner only cost about $35.

Props to Hardracing - Great customer service and than you for taking the time to make the install videos, they are very helpfull!!!

Yours is a lightened one. You must of bought the bike used. No grom has come with a spinner like that. Even my buddies 2015 didn't have that.
    a_morti likes this.
    2013 KX450F Green
    2013 Ninja 300 SE ABS
    2015 DL650 V-strom Blue

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by badassxr50r View Post
    Yours is a lightened one. You must of bought the bike used. No grom has come with a spinner like that. Even my buddies 2015 didn't have that.
    Agreed - I just pulled my spinner last night and replaced it with a lightened one. My stock one (2015) was huge compared to the lightened one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by jtxr View Post
    I just pulled of my spinner from my 2015 Grom to do the Kitaco side cover with oil cooler. I was watching the Hardracing install video and noticed their spinner was way bigger than mine. I weighed mine and it weighs only 230 grams. Honda must have changed to a lighter spinner for 2015. A new spinner only cost about $35.

Props to Hardracing - Great customer service and than you for taking the time to make the install videos, they are very helpfull!!!

Yeah that is an already machined down one, i think a vendor on here sells them like that.

Quote Originally Posted by CiscoSanJose View Post
    There is more to it with the Kitco clutch side cover that are way more plus than doing the lightening oil spinner

No longer have to pull of the side cover and take off the cover for the spinner to clean out the inside of the spinner

No longer have to worry about tearing the the clutch side cover gasket or the spinner gasket

No longer have to worry about thinking did I really torqued down the spinner three bolts

No longer have oil dripping on your garage floor or roadway while doing the oil change, cleaning the oil spinner, cleaning the filter tray

No longer have to remove clutch cable when removing clutch side cover for oil change

No longer have to remove those 8 plus bolts to remove the clutch side cover

EZ of oil change and just replace the oil filter

EZ of checking oil level
    The kitaco side cover is cool n all, but for how often you dont have to clean the oil screen / spinner.... the 200 bucks doesnt even come close to justify the pros to it.

I can get in and clean the oil spinner n screen in get it back together in ~ 10 min.

Member #
    Odometer
    Like I said it's not for every one. I bought just for the easy of oil check. The dip stick made me feel like I'm checking my mower...... you are right though about the price. It's all in how your priorities are. For me it was in least amount of weight on the crank, oil cooler fittings and oil sight window. The filter was a bonus. I change my oil every 600 miles.

I would recommend getting an upgraded oil pump though and throw it in since you plan on getting a big bore.
    2013 KX450F Green
    2013 Ninja 300 SE ABS
    2015 DL650 V-strom Blue

This user has no status.

Member #
    200 bucks for that trick ass side cover is nothing. if you're poor, stay home.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockPointer View Post
    the bottom line is are we all having fun with our grom no matter how much we spend or don't spend on the grom.

We are happy campers with pure stock grom to full out custom grom, life is good if you have the money to pour into your grom or life is good if your grom will get you where you want to go.

We share info because that is what it is all about

Here is my spinner way back when and I had it machined also but I really like the Kitco kit better

Also lighten flywheel

MSX UD ITA likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Because some of us like DIY, making things our own, and spending our money on things that will make MUCH bigger gains, like a bbk. The 200 bucks i could of spent on the kitaco side cover almost covered the 164 kitaco bbk i got coming. The oil spinner was free outside of gas to get to my buddies house, 20mi round trip, But i got a good shoot the shit session with my buddy i hadnt seen in awhile. Overall, i won on this endeavor.

Yall can buy your fancy aftermarket bling bling parts and throw money at the bike, but thats not what i bought it for, i got mine to actually wrench on, play with see what I myself can make it do and make it preform better. And I am definitely, not poor, otherwise i wouldnt own the, lets face it, toy of a motorcycle known as a grom.

The kitaco side cover is nice, and its how the bike should of been from the factory, but its just not for me.

Member #
    Odometer
    Wow it's not about being poor or not poor at all. Some people want it some dont. Not a big deal. I have it and it's great along with all the other aftermarket bs I have put on mine. I probably don't want to even look at what my total is. If I had to guess I have at least the cost of the grom into it.

Nd4spdbh I can totally understand the tinker idea. That's why I went the high compression 125cc instead of jumping to a big bore. I learned a good amount. The bike rips pretty good for what it is. I honestly have my eyes on a reliable 170cc koso 4 valve with the finbro forged crank and rod. That's what we bought these for right? They are toys in the end.
    2013 KX450F Green
    2013 Ninja 300 SE ABS
    2015 DL650 V-strom Blue

is enjoying Grom Life.

Member #
    Well, that's about the dumbest post I've seen in awhile.

I'm sure the cover is cool and all, but not something I'll spend $200 on. Sure as hell not because I'm poor though. My brand new Grom, that is paid for by the way, is parked next to my other motorcycle, my car, and my wife's car, in my 3 car garage of my 2 story house that has a swimming pool in the back yard that my son (that just enrolled in college) and daughter swim in. I'm far from poor, but I'm not spending $200 on that and to assume anyone that doesn't is poor is just asinine.
    2015 Grom - Black and White Sissy Lala Fart Around Bike
    2014 Honda CB1000R - Black and Gold Beastly Demon
    Instagram: Old_Goat_Ninja

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links