Clear Signals on US Spec Monkey
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Clear Signals on US Spec Monkey within the Monkey Talk forums, part of the Honda Monkey 125 Forums category; Hello folks. I finally pulled the trigger and brought home my Pearl Nebula Red Monkey this week. Over a year ago, I sold my Grom ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By The_undecider
  • 1 Post By 7T1BURB

Thread: Clear Signals on US Spec Monkey

This user has no status.

Member #

Hello folks. I finally pulled the trigger and brought home my Pearl Nebula Red Monkey this week. Over a year ago, I sold my Grom that I had spent WAY too much money modding. I knew I would end up with a Monkey, eventually.

One of the biggest disappointments was that the US spec bikes didn't get the same taillight assembly and signals as the rest of the world. Those tiny aftermarket LED signals look cool, but however bright they may be, they don't compare to the stock signals. Converting to clear lenses with amber bulbs greatly improves looks without reducing visibility.

The Monkey uses the same signals as many Honda cruisers from the last 10-20 years (VTX1300, Shadow 750, VLX). These lenses are K&S brand, part number 25-1250C, available on eBay, Amazon, or support your local dealer by having them order through Parts Unlimited. Bulbs are 1156A, found at most auto parts houses.

Expect to pay around $40 for the lenses and $10-12 for bulbs.

I am happy with this mod for the relatively low cost (I know you could probably find some ebay/amazon LED signals for the same or less) and ease of installation (no wiring).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Clear Signals on US Spec Monkey-monkeyfront.jpg   Clear Signals on US Spec Monkey-monkeyback.jpg  
    stellio78, T Monkey and mumdb1 like this.
    2019 Honda Monkey
    2015 Honda XR650L
    2019 Yamaha Tracer GT

This user has no status.

Member #
    sometimes,it's good to be European ..
    good, OK .. not often ..but sometimes .... anyway

which is crazy:here, many guys would like to have the same as yours.more vintage.more traditional.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Looks like a another good alternative to eliminate/reduce the cost of retrofitting to the Euro spec lights.

Question: Do the K&S Clear lenses have the tab on the bottom of the lens to secure the lens to the TL body/housing as the original lens does? If not what procedure did you use to secure the new lens to the housing?

Appreciate your help!
    mumdb1 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 7T1BURB View Post
    Looks like a another good alternative to eliminate/reduce the cost of retrofitting to the Euro spec lights.

Question: Do the K&S Clear lenses have the tab on the bottom of the lens to secure the lens to the TL body/housing as the original lens does? If not what procedure did you use to secure the new lens to the housing?

Appreciate your help!
    They do. They are exact OEM copies. You do have to transfer the metal screw clip from the original lens.
    2019 Honda Monkey
    2015 Honda XR650L
    2019 Yamaha Tracer GT

This user has no status.

Member #
    Thank You! I appreciate your prompt reply and information provided.

I've ordered 4 and now awaiting delivery of these K&S lenses. Looking forward to installation of this very viable "mod".

Sponsored Links