Dynojet Power Vision 3 Possible "Autotune" Method
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Dynojet Power Vision 3 Possible "Autotune" Method

This is a discussion on Dynojet Power Vision 3 Possible "Autotune" Method within the Monkey Talk forums, part of the Honda Monkey 125 Forums category; Hi Everyone I may have found a possible way to add autotune to the PV3 on the monkey and the grom, but I'm not sure ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mongerrr

Thread: Dynojet Power Vision 3 Possible "Autotune" Method

This user has no status.

Member #

Lightbulb Dynojet Power Vision 3 Possible "Autotune" Method

Hi Everyone

I may have found a possible way to add autotune to the PV3 on the monkey and the grom, but I'm not sure if anyone here has tried this already. For reference, I have an Aus Monkey 125.

One of the variables in the learning section of the PV3 tune is the "O2 Transition Voltage (Target AFR) Threshold". This is the narrowband voltage that the ecu targets when adjusting trims in closed loop. The stock value for an Aus Monkey is 0.605v, and I have set mine to 0.7v which gives a similar outcome to using an EFIE.

The min/max values that can be inputted for this variable are 0V and 4.98V, respectively. My idea is that you could wire up the 5V output from a wideband gauge to the narrowband wire and set the target to 1.5V which gives an AFR of 13 (for gauges which output [email protected] and [email protected]).

If this works, the benefits are getting an "Autotune" of sorts and also a much cheaper wideband set up. The dynojet WBCX is 350USD, vs say a Spartan 2 for 125USD. You'd have to flash the closest premade map to your setup, set the target voltage to whatever AFR you want, and then the ecu would trim to target that.

The PV3 software also allows you to alter the closed loop rev cutoff, so if this worked, theres no reason why you couldn't have it trim all the way to the limiter.

Let me know in the comments what you think. If anyone out there has a wideband gauge with 5V output and a PV3, I'd love to know if this works. Otherwise, I'll just have to get a Spartan 2 and test it myself in the near future.
    50-50 likes this.
    2018 Honda Monkey 125
    2014 Sherco Trials 250

is smaller the cc, bigger the pp.

Member #
    Dynojet has a WidebandCX just for PV3 now... this is exactly what they were accomplishing. I don't see a need to reinvent the wheel.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by mongerrr View Post
    Hi Everyone

I may have found a possible way to add autotune to the PV3 on the monkey and the grom, but I'm not sure if anyone here has tried this already. For reference, I have an Aus Monkey 125.

One of the variables in the learning section of the PV3 tune is the "O2 Transition Voltage (Target AFR) Threshold". This is the narrowband voltage that the ecu targets when adjusting trims in closed loop. The stock value for an Aus Monkey is 0.605v, and I have set mine to 0.7v which gives a similar outcome to using an EFIE.

The min/max values that can be inputted for this variable are 0V and 4.98V, respectively. My idea is that you could wire up the 5V output from a wideband gauge to the narrowband wire and set the target to 1.5V which gives an AFR of 13 (for gauges which output [email protected] and [email protected]).

If this works, the benefits are getting an "Autotune" of sorts and also a much cheaper wideband set up. The dynojet WBCX is 350USD, vs say a Spartan 2 for 125USD. You'd have to flash the closest premade map to your setup, set the target voltage to whatever AFR you want, and then the ecu would trim to target that.

The PV3 software also allows you to alter the closed loop rev cutoff, so if this worked, theres no reason why you couldn't have it trim all the way to the limiter.

Let me know in the comments what you think. If anyone out there has a wideband gauge with 5V output and a PV3, I'd love to know if this works. Otherwise, I'll just have to get a Spartan 2 and test it myself in the near future.
    I think this is awesome! Give it a a shot. I'm all for an alternative to the overpriced WBCX. And for as unhappy as I have been with the PV3 and Dynojet's lack of support I'm all for not giving them anymore money.

Quote Originally Posted by farkas View Post
    Dynojet has a WidebandCX just for PV3 now... this is exactly what they were accomplishing. I don't see a need to reinvent the wheel.
    If it's cheaper and works as well or better I say go for it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    I've got a duplicate post in the grom performance page. There's a bit more discussion over there, so please reply on that post.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    2018 Honda Monkey 125
    2014 Sherco Trials 250

Sponsored Links