I've decided to become a Monkey Rider!
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on I've decided to become a Monkey Rider! within the Monkey Talk forums, part of the Honda Monkey 125 Forums category; Hello to all, Of all the motorcycles and scooters I've owned few have excited me as much as the new Honda Monkey. I'm old enough ...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By Monkey Rider Ken
  • 1 Post By BUCKNUT
  • 1 Post By T Monkey
  • 1 Post By 3crows
  • 1 Post By KitKat
  • 2 Post By Danny Linguini

Thread: I've decided to become a Monkey Rider!

This user has no status.

Member #

Hello to all,

Of all the motorcycles and scooters I've owned few have excited me as much as the new Honda Monkey.

I'm old enough to have known the Monkey from the 1960's but not allowed to enjoy mini-bikes
    or motorcycles as my Dad said no.
    Now that I'm 58 I can do as I please.
    Actually when I was 45 my wife gave me a bunch of cash for our 25th wedding anniversary to buy any motorcycle I so dreamed of owning
    providing it staying within that amount of cash, $25,000.00
    Since them I've owned 45 plus motorcycles and two scooters. I won one scooter just to be fair, a Yamaha Zuma 50cc.

So, as I've aged the last 13 years I've decided to go simple and buy a Monkey and trade off my brand new 2018 BMW R1200 GS Adventure.
    Yep, stupid right?

I'm trading for two Monkey's a Red and a Yellow and a new BMW G310GS so I can stay with the BMW family.

I've owned plenty of Harley's done complete frame off chop jobs and had lots of fun, even make a line of aftermarket products and sell on eBay for
    many motorcycle brands but I love motorcycles, scooters and two wheels and just needed to get small and simple.

So, if you see a guy with a ZZ top bear riding my new Yellow Monkey on the Tail of the Dragon the last few days of July it may be me so say hello.

I will be picking up my new Monkey's later this week or Monday.

I'm interested in all that you Monkey riders will be doing for customization and tricking out. That's what I love to do.

Can anyone speak to the Custom LED Made in USA Blaster X integrated LED tail like on Amazon?
    Thanks
    Ken

is starting to freeze my MONKEY
    off

Member #
    Congrats and enjoy! It's my favorite bike.
    Monkey Rider Ken likes this.
    2014 Black Grom
    2019 Red Monkey

This user has no status.

Member #
    Congrats!

Hope you have fun with it, always a fun day when able to ride mine.
    Monkey Rider Ken likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Welcome to Team Monkey!

Me, I am not going to go to far with mods. I may add a cam, carb/airbox tuning, maybe an exhaust (but want to keep the scrambler look and routing), we want a luggage rack for the rear (but prefer something in chrome but larger than the Honda offering), have axle slider spools ordered, installed rear pit stand spool/shock nut delete kit and I want the world-spec turn signals and stop light assemblies.
    Last edited by 3crows; 07-10-2019 at 10:55 PM. Reason: typo
    Danny Linguini likes this.
    Swim, Bike, Run, Ride

This user has no status.

Member #
    My Monkey is the 4th bike I've owned and even though it's the smallest, I love it the most!
    Congrats.

I don't really mod my bikes.
    This is the closest I've come. Haha
    I've decided to become a Monkey Rider!-monkey-clock.jpg
    Danny Linguini likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Just rode mine home tonight, which was actually my first time riding it, because knucklehead that I am I bought without a test ride. What a blast! After riding big bikes for so long, I can’t believe how you can literally flick it around corners. 35 mph feels like 60, so I’ll probably never get a speeding ticket on it. I also don’t have to worry about passing people dangerously any more — passing anything is now a thing of the past. And I don’t even care!

I see see a few mods in my future again — it’s been quite a few years since I’ve seriously personalized a ride. This is gonna be fun.
    KBK0 and T Monkey like this.

Sponsored Links