Rattling sound under seat
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Rattling sound under seat within the Monkey Talk forums, part of the Honda Monkey 125 Forums category; Hi, Yesterday I noticed a rattling noise under my seat when I tilt the bike left and right. Now before I open everything up again, ...

Thread: Rattling sound under seat

This user has no status.

Member #

Hi,

Yesterday I noticed a rattling noise under my seat when I tilt the bike left and right. Now before I open everything up again, remove battery etc to check if something has gotten loose just wanted to check if this is maybe normal, ABS tilt sensor thing or so? Does anybody else's bike have the same thing?

Thx,
    S.

is Living the Dream

Member #
    Just check for loose parts, I remember when I had noise under my seat I could not find the problem than I had to remove my plastic to add more go fast part and the right side round plastic with the allen head was removed and the bolt that holds the plastic under the round plastic was off and rattling around.

is is a centrifugal oil filter
    fetishist

Member #
    I doubt a sensor would make any noise. Maybe you can take the seat off, start the bike and go through the revs with the bike at an angle to try to reproduce and locate where it's coming from.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Ok, thx for the feedback, looks like I’ll at least have to get the battery out but I fear it is underneath the abs system.

This user has no status.

Member #
    This might apply.

The other day, I took the helmet lock strap out of the tool case.
    I thought having it in my messenger bag for easy access would be more convenient.
    This caused the remaining tools in the side case to rattle when the bike moved side to side.
    I stuffed a small cloth in there to quiet it down.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Ok, finally had some time this evening to look at this.

I removed the seat, removed the side cover which holds the tools and when leaning the bike side to side could clearly hear something moving. So got out the flashlight, loosened the relays next to the battery and started looking. Saw a small bolt (see attached pic) under the abs modulator. With a very long and thin screw driver I was able to slowly drag it up till I could grab it. It's a 6mm with hex 10 I think.
    Rattling sound under seat-1.jpg
    Question now is from where is it?

Bolt was little bit dirty, maybe from laying in dirt, or does this mean it was never tightened and was laying there from the factory? No idea. Anybody know the battery area and abs modulator area well enough to know from where this bolt is? Everything seems secured so maybe it comes from something else. Could it have fallen in from the rear side from somewhere between the fender and inner fender? I have no idea. I don't think I saw other bolts there when I changed to the fender eliminator. Service manual also hasn't made me any wiser.

On the positive side, the rattle that I had when hitting a speed bump is gone :-)
    Last edited by stefke; 06-26-2019 at 02:10 PM.

Sponsored Links