Power Vision 3 experience
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

This is a discussion on Power Vision 3 experience within the Monkey Talk forums, part of the Honda Monkey 125 Forums category; Hi Guys, Just wanted to share my power vision 3 experience as it arrived in the mail today. At first it kept complaining that there ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Power Vision 3 experience

This user has no status.

Member #

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share my power vision 3 experience as it arrived in the mail today. At first it kept complaining that there was no ECU connected and the website said the pv info file was corrupt, I initially started to worry but I eventually got it sorted. To get it to work I did the following:
    - connected to PC, deleted everything on the PV3
    - downloaded the newest firmware and put it on the PV3 (just like on an usb drive), activated the firmware on the PV3
    - connected it back to the bike, flashed the tune (this got me the stock tune from my bike, which is a stk file and a PV info file)
    - connected PV3 back to PC, uploaded the PV info file on dynojet website, this got me access to the tunes, downloaded the tunes, put them on the PV3, now I had as one of the djt files a stock djt file, which is what you need to get things working
    - connected back to the bike and flashed the stock djt tune and now all the gauges started working

Manual let me down a bit but anyway, it is working now. Question now is which tune should I get, I have a stock exhaust and an mtake intake from mnnthbx. Don't feel confident enough to start playing with the software and create my own map so would like to look at the existing tunes.

These are available for my ECU
    1602110 Stock exhaust, Stock intake
    1602111 Yoshimura full exhaust, Stock intake
    1602112 Yoshimura full exhaust, Chimera intake
    1602113 Yoshimura full exhaust, TB cam TBW1050, Chimera intake
    1602114 Yoshimura full exhaust, Takegawa 143cc BBK, Takegawa cam, Chimera intake
    1602115 Yoshimura full exhaust, TB Parts 186cc BBK, Koso 240 degree cam, Chimera intake
    1602116 Yoshimura full exhaust, TB Parts 186cc BBK, TB Parts cam, Chimera intake
    1602117 Yoshimura full exhaust, TB Parts 186cc BBK, TB Parts cam, Lazer ported head, Koso intake manifold, Koso throttle body, PCX150 injector

Any recommendations? What if I would fit the Takegawa std exhaust? Would it be ok to run the Yoshi full exhaust and Chimera intake tune then?

S.
    50-50 and mikochu like this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    If you're only running an intake right now, I'd run the 1602111 tune.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    The major knock against the PV3 is that there aren't many maps available for it. Where did you buy it? The reseller may have maps. I urge you to contact the reseller as well as Dynojet and tell them we need more maps available!

I agree that the pamphlet that was included was terrible and not even enough to call a manual IMO. I will say that either the manual or something else that came with my PV3 said the firmware had to be updated before it would work.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    I bought it in Germany micronsystems.de.

A new firmware has just been released yesterday also 5.3, already updated that one, but unfortunately no new maps. I just flashed the Yoshi full map, started her up and when giving a bit of throttle she immediately stalled, so throttle pickup is not really better.

I'll see that I can go for a drive later this evening and see how it feels then.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Ok, so went for a drive and I can report back that the stall of earlier was probably a fluke

She runs great with the yoshi tune, pulls stronger, I go over 90 kph much easier than before. So that tune seems a good match for the mtake intake only.

I'm happy. Now thinking about the final step, a yoshi rs3 slipon that keeps the cat or a takegawa std.
    Dariusz likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I am running get a Takegawa stock look performance pipe and a internally derestricted stock air box with a Takegawa foam air filter insert and a 3D printed verlosity stack fitted to the intake pipe from the throttle body to the air box, I have seen 109 kmh indicated on the speedo, the Takegawa pipe is not much louder than the stock pipe, I have a PV3 on order coming from Fuelmoto USA so I will see what maps they have to offer.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    With just an intake you're not going to fry your engine with even using the stock tune. I'd suggest the stock tune or Dynojet's version of the stock tune. You could also try a tune for just exhaust. Out of those three you should be able to find a decent map for just an intake.

But, again, I urge you to contact Dynojet and tell them to get off of their asses and start creating new maps! A product without support is a useless product.

The MNNTHBX and Dinger Built intakes are so popular that there's no excuse not to have maps for those.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I've done exactly that. Dynojet have been sent a mail. No feedback till now, not even when I was initially reporting the issues I was experiencing.

To be honest, the only way I could contact them was through the powervision HD section, maybe that is why I did not get feedback yet. Website doesn't really seem userfriendly/correctly adapted yet to cater to the PV3 yet, but that should not be the case and is not an excuse for a company like dynojet. Does seem as if they just changed their website couple of days ago, so is improving.

I also registered my PV3 and got a feedback survey email, gave them a 3 out of 10 because of the installation issues (if a dealer opens the box to include a manual in another language he can just as well update the firmware), bad manual (my process was completely different than what was described) and not enough maps available.

Let's hope that if enough of us tell them they listen. The PV3 is a nice piece of kit though, I really think it is the best way to go about tuning the monkey. Could go the wideband addon option or just start creating my own map but I don't feel up to that yet and spent enough money for now :-) Those Ohlins are bloody expensive :-)
    50-50 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    Quote Originally Posted by stefke View Post
    I've done exactly that. Dynojet have been sent a mail. No feedback till now, not even when I was initially reporting the issues I was experiencing.

To be honest, the only way I could contact them was through the powervision HD section, maybe that is why I did not get feedback yet. Website doesn't really seem userfriendly/correctly adapted yet to cater to the PV3 yet, but that should not be the case and is not an excuse for a company like dynojet. Does seem as if they just changed their website couple of days ago, so is improving.

I also registered my PV3 and got a feedback survey email, gave them a 3 out of 10 because of the installation issues (if a dealer opens the box to include a manual in another language he can just as well update the firmware), bad manual (my process was completely different than what was described) and not enough maps available.

Let's hope that if enough of us tell them they listen. The PV3 is a nice piece of kit though, I really think it is the best way to go about tuning the monkey. Could go the wideband addon option or just start creating my own map but I don't feel up to that yet and spent enough money for now :-) Those Ohlins are bloody expensive :-)
    The manual is a joke.

I reached out to them via email and got responses, but it was a lot of emails and a lot of pulling teeth to get the responses I wanted.

It's also baffling that the PV3 nor the WBCX allow auto tuning like the other versions of the Power Vision. I'm starting to have my regrets about getting this device.

is "Working"

Member #
    Odometer
    Thank you, I got mine running following these steps.
    50-50 likes this.
    2017 Honda Grom SF
    [ Koso 4v 181 | Koso 34mm TB | Koso Cam | Koso Cam Chain Tensioner | 10hole Injector | Aracer RC1 W/ Wideband | Dinger Intake | Brembo P32s w/ VEE Rotors | Ohlins Suspension | GromFatherz Manual Tensioner, Headstuds, Speed Spacers, Cam Cover | Carbon Fiber Everything | ]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links