Honda Grom banner

Power Vision 3 experience

15K views 25 replies 8 participants last post by  horheyortega 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share my power vision 3 experience as it arrived in the mail today. At first it kept complaining that there was no ECU connected and the website said the pv info file was corrupt, I initially started to worry but I eventually got it sorted. To get it to work I did the following:
- connected to PC, deleted everything on the PV3
- downloaded the newest firmware and put it on the PV3 (just like on an usb drive), activated the firmware on the PV3
- connected it back to the bike, flashed the tune (this got me the stock tune from my bike, which is a stk file and a PV info file)
- connected PV3 back to PC, uploaded the PV info file on dynojet website, this got me access to the tunes, downloaded the tunes, put them on the PV3, now I had as one of the djt files a stock djt file, which is what you need to get things working
- connected back to the bike and flashed the stock djt tune and now all the gauges started working

Manual let me down a bit but anyway, it is working now. Question now is which tune should I get, I have a stock exhaust and an mtake intake from mnnthbx. Don't feel confident enough to start playing with the software and create my own map so would like to look at the existing tunes.

These are available for my ECU
Stock exhaust, Stock intake
Yoshimura full exhaust, Stock intake
Yoshimura full exhaust, Chimera intake
Yoshimura full exhaust, TB cam TBW1050, Chimera intake
Yoshimura full exhaust, Takegawa 143cc BBK, Takegawa cam, Chimera intake
Yoshimura full exhaust, TB Parts 186cc BBK, Koso 240 degree cam, Chimera intake
Yoshimura full exhaust, TB Parts 186cc BBK, TB Parts cam, Chimera intake
Yoshimura full exhaust, TB Parts 186cc BBK, TB Parts cam, Lazer ported head, Koso intake manifold, Koso throttle body, PCX150 injector

Any recommendations? What if I would fit the Takegawa std exhaust? Would it be ok to run the Yoshi full exhaust and Chimera intake tune then?

S.

See less See more
#3 ·
The major knock against the PV3 is that there aren't many maps available for it. Where did you buy it? The reseller may have maps. I urge you to contact the reseller as well as Dynojet and tell them we need more maps available!

I agree that the pamphlet that was included was terrible and not even enough to call a manual IMO. I will say that either the manual or something else that came with my PV3 said the firmware had to be updated before it would work.

#4 ·
I bought it in Germany micronsystems.de.

A new firmware has just been released yesterday also 5.3, already updated that one, but unfortunately no new maps. I just flashed the Yoshi full map, started her up and when giving a bit of throttle she immediately stalled, so throttle pickup is not really better. :sad:

I'll see that I can go for a drive later this evening and see how it feels then.

#5 ·
Ok, so went for a drive and I can report back that the stall of earlier was probably a fluke :cool2:

She runs great with the yoshi tune, pulls stronger, I go over 90 kph much easier than before. So that tune seems a good match for the mtake intake only.

I'm happy. Now thinking about the final step, a yoshi rs3 slipon that keeps the cat or a takegawa std.

#6 ·
I am running get a Takegawa stock look performance pipe and a internally derestricted stock air box with a Takegawa foam air filter insert and a 3D printed verlosity stack fitted to the intake pipe from the throttle body to the air box, I have seen 109 kmh indicated on the speedo, the Takegawa pipe is not much louder than the stock pipe, I have a PV3 on order coming from Fuelmoto USA so I will see what maps they have to offer.

#7 ·
With just an intake you're not going to fry your engine with even using the stock tune. I'd suggest the stock tune or Dynojet's version of the stock tune. You could also try a tune for just exhaust. Out of those three you should be able to find a decent map for just an intake.

But, again, I urge you to contact Dynojet and tell them to get off of their asses and start creating new maps! A product without support is a useless product.

The MNNTHBX and Dinger Built intakes are so popular that there's no excuse not to have maps for those.

#8 ·
I've done exactly that. Dynojet have been sent a mail. No feedback till now, not even when I was initially reporting the issues I was experiencing.

To be honest, the only way I could contact them was through the powervision HD section, maybe that is why I did not get feedback yet. Website doesn't really seem userfriendly/correctly adapted yet to cater to the PV3 yet, but that should not be the case and is not an excuse for a company like dynojet. Does seem as if they just changed their website couple of days ago, so is improving.

I also registered my PV3 and got a feedback survey email, gave them a 3 out of 10 because of the installation issues (if a dealer opens the box to include a manual in another language he can just as well update the firmware), bad manual (my process was completely different than what was described) and not enough maps available.

Let's hope that if enough of us tell them they listen. The PV3 is a nice piece of kit though, I really think it is the best way to go about tuning the monkey. Could go the wideband addon option or just start creating my own map but I don't feel up to that yet and spent enough money for now :) Those Ohlins are bloody expensive :)

#11 ·
The way I understood the wideband for the PV3 works is that it records data that you can apply in the powercore software to create a new map.

So it is a bit of autotune with a step in between but you still do not need to go to the dyno. Can't really autotune the PV3 as it only flashes your ECU. You can only autotune with a PC5 is what I've been told, but don't take this as the truth, am not sure.

You can accomplish similar thing with the PV3 but you need to use the software. The benefit I think remains that you remove it afterwards from your bike, so no extra cables or components that can fail.

#14 ·
Hi Dariusz,

What type of picture do you need, sorry don't understand what you mean exactly.

Based on the tune codes I think there are multiple types (2 that I know of) of ECU's and you need at least the 5.2 firmware to support them, 5.3 firmware is out already also. I think you are experiencing the same problem as I was. Try to follow the instructions in my first post, it seems it worked for Wicked_VFR already.

- Go to the dynojet website Dynojet Automotive and Powersports Dynamometers, Performance Fuel and Ignition Products and go to the PV3 product page first, there you'll find things under the support menu and downloads. Download the latest honda firmware, direct link here Power Vision Downloads
- Connect PV3 to the PC and delete everything from it and copy the firmware file on it as if it was a USB stick
- On the PV3 itself go to Device Tools and select update firmware and select the file you copied over. Wait till update is done and eject.
- Connect to the bike and then you can get a PV_INFO file, might be you get it immediately or might be you just need to flash first time to get your file (sorry can't remember exactly)
- Connect the PV3 again to PC and navigate back to Dynojet Automotive and Powersports Dynamometers, Performance Fuel and Ignition Products, products -> powervision, select your bike from the drop downs and go to details of the PV3 and select PV Tunes and then access tunes, direct link for the monkey Power Vision CX Tune Downloads
- Upload your pv info file (choosefile, upload file) and then you' be able to download the tunes. Copy those to the PV3 and your ready to flash a tune onto your bike.

Hope this helps.

Stef.

#16 ·
Hi Dariusz,

What type of picture do you need, sorry don't understand what you mean exactly.

Based on the tune codes I think there are multiple types (2 that I know of) of ECU's and you need at least the 5.2 firmware to support them, 5.3 firmware is out already also. I think you are experiencing the same problem as I was. Try to follow the instructions in my first post, it seems it worked for Wicked_VFR already.

- Go to the dynojet website Dynojet Automotive and Powersports Dynamometers, Performance Fuel and Ignition Products and go to the PV3 product page first, there you'll find things under the support menu and downloads. Download the latest honda firmware, direct link here Power Vision Downloads
- Connect PV3 to the PC and delete everything from it and copy the firmware file on it as if it was a USB stick
- On the PV3 itself go to Device Tools and select update firmware and select the file you copied over. Wait till update is done and eject.
- Connect to the bike and then you can get a PV_INFO file, might be you get it immediately or might be you just need to flash first time to get your file (sorry can't remember exactly)
- Connect the PV3 again to PC and navigate back to Dynojet Automotive and Powersports Dynamometers, Performance Fuel and Ignition Products, products -> powervision, select your bike from the drop downs and go to details of the PV3 and select PV Tunes and then access tunes, direct link for the monkey Power Vision CX Tune Downloads
- Upload your pv info file (choosefile, upload file) and then you' be able to download the tunes. Copy those to the PV3 and your ready to flash a tune onto your bike.

Hope this helps.

Stef.
Thanks Stefke, before I write you I do the firmware update, etc. I ask for the pictures as I suspected that the wrong PV3 came in the box, but I already managed to make it work. Apparently it was a corrupt file in the unit, so after 2 format disk and re-apply the firmware all is working ok.
Thank you for the help

#17 ·
I have been using Dynojets PVCX on my Indian motorcycles for 3 yrs now, the PV3 is an updated version of the PVCX, I recommend having a look at a blog called My Indian Roadmaster, the bloggers name is Craig Bennett, he gives a good insight into the workings of the PVCX and PV3, Craig has been involved with the development of the PVCX with Dynojet and Fuelmoto as a beta tester.

#22 ·
That map is going to be as close as you're going to get to your setup without a custom tune.

This is where Dynojet is really slacking. There aren't enough maps for the PV3. I asked them about more maps and they said they'd happily do maps for other products, but only if the manufacturer sent the parts to them. So, basically, Dynojet isn't going to spend any money to serve their customers.:furious:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.