Power Vision 3 experience - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Grom Forum

Power Vision 3 experience

This is a discussion on Power Vision 3 experience within the Monkey Talk forums, part of the Honda Monkey 125 Forums category; The way I understood the wideband for the PV3 works is that it records data that you can apply in the powercore software to create ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Power Vision 3 experience

This user has no status.

Member #
    The way I understood the wideband for the PV3 works is that it records data that you can apply in the powercore software to create a new map.

So it is a bit of autotune with a step in between but you still do not need to go to the dyno. Can't really autotune the PV3 as it only flashes your ECU. You can only autotune with a PC5 is what I've been told, but don't take this as the truth, am not sure.

You can accomplish similar thing with the PV3 but you need to use the software. The benefit I think remains that you remove it afterwards from your bike, so no extra cables or components that can fail.

is In love with motorcycles since

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by stefke View Post
    -
    Can you help me with a picture of the back of your unit (where shows the part number and serial) as I try today connect mine to the bike but don't recognize the bike and the only files that are in the unit as I connect to the PC is a PV_INFO.txt file and nothing more
    Thanks in advance

This user has no status.

Member #
    Odometer
    The way I understood the wideband for the PV3 works is that it records data that you can apply in the powercore software to create a new map.

So it is a bit of autotune with a step in between but you still do not need to go to the dyno. Can't really autotune the PV3 as it only flashes your ECU. You can only autotune with a PC5 is what I've been told, but don't take this as the truth, am not sure.

You can accomplish similar thing with the PV3 but you need to use the software. The benefit I think remains that you remove it afterwards from your bike, so no extra cables or components that can fail.
    If the PV3 is unable to autotune a Grom Dynojet could have at least included the wideband part of it into the PV3 without charging another $300 or whatever for the WBCX. The Grom PV3 seems to do much less than the other PV products for other brands.

4. Remove Advertisements
    HondaGrom.net
    Advertisements

This user has no status.

Member #
    Hi Dariusz,

What type of picture do you need, sorry don't understand what you mean exactly.

Based on the tune codes I think there are multiple types (2 that I know of) of ECU's and you need at least the 5.2 firmware to support them, 5.3 firmware is out already also. I think you are experiencing the same problem as I was. Try to follow the instructions in my first post, it seems it worked for Wicked_VFR already.

- Go to the dynojet website Dynojet Automotive and Powersports Dynamometers, Performance Fuel and Ignition Products and go to the PV3 product page first, there you'll find things under the support menu and downloads. Download the latest honda firmware, direct link here Power Vision Downloads
    - Connect PV3 to the PC and delete everything from it and copy the firmware file on it as if it was a USB stick
    - On the PV3 itself go to Device Tools and select update firmware and select the file you copied over. Wait till update is done and eject.
    - Connect to the bike and then you can get a PV_INFO file, might be you get it immediately or might be you just need to flash first time to get your file (sorry can't remember exactly)
    - Connect the PV3 again to PC and navigate back to Dynojet Automotive and Powersports Dynamometers, Performance Fuel and Ignition Products, products -> powervision, select your bike from the drop downs and go to details of the PV3 and select PV Tunes and then access tunes, direct link for the monkey Power Vision CX Tune Downloads
    - Upload your pv info file (choosefile, upload file) and then you' be able to download the tunes. Copy those to the PV3 and your ready to flash a tune onto your bike.

Hope this helps.

Stef.

This user has no status.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by 50-50 View Post
    If the PV3 is unable to autotune a Grom Dynojet could have at least included the wideband part of it into the PV3 without charging another $300 or whatever for the WBCX. The Grom PV3 seems to do much less than the other PV products for other brands.
    Hi 50-50,

Absolutely true, if you have a grom of 2016-2019 the PV3 can't read over the diagnostic connector apparently so means probably no gauges. In the german doc there is a table of what which PV can do https://www.micronsystems.de/media/d...erklaerung.pdf (sorry is in german but the table is self explanatory)

S.
    50-50 likes this.

Member #
    Hi Dariusz,

What type of picture do you need, sorry don't understand what you mean exactly.

Based on the tune codes I think there are multiple types (2 that I know of) of ECU's and you need at least the 5.2 firmware to support them, 5.3 firmware is out already also. I think you are experiencing the same problem as I was. Try to follow the instructions in my first post, it seems it worked for Wicked_VFR already.

- Go to the dynojet website Dynojet Automotive and Powersports Dynamometers, Performance Fuel and Ignition Products and go to the PV3 product page first, there you'll find things under the support menu and downloads. Download the latest honda firmware, direct link here Power Vision Downloads
    - Connect PV3 to the PC and delete everything from it and copy the firmware file on it as if it was a USB stick
    - On the PV3 itself go to Device Tools and select update firmware and select the file you copied over. Wait till update is done and eject.
    - Connect to the bike and then you can get a PV_INFO file, might be you get it immediately or might be you just need to flash first time to get your file (sorry can't remember exactly)
    - Connect the PV3 again to PC and navigate back to Dynojet Automotive and Powersports Dynamometers, Performance Fuel and Ignition Products, products -> powervision, select your bike from the drop downs and go to details of the PV3 and select PV Tunes and then access tunes, direct link for the monkey Power Vision CX Tune Downloads
    - Upload your pv info file (choosefile, upload file) and then you' be able to download the tunes. Copy those to the PV3 and your ready to flash a tune onto your bike.

Hope this helps.

Stef.
    Thanks Stefke, before I write you I do the firmware update, etc. I ask for the pictures as I suspected that the wrong PV3 came in the box, but I already managed to make it work. Apparently it was a corrupt file in the unit, so after 2 format disk and re-apply the firmware all is working ok.
    Thank you for the help
    50-50 likes this.

This user has no status.

Member #
    I have been using Dynojets PVCX on my Indian motorcycles for 3 yrs now, the PV3 is an updated version of the PVCX, I recommend having a look at a blog called My Indian Roadmaster, the bloggers name is Craig Bennett, he gives a good insight into the workings of the PVCX and PV3, Craig has been involved with the development of the PVCX with Dynojet and Fuelmoto as a beta tester.
    50-50 likes this.

is Newly minted honda enthusiast

Member #
    Thanks for the post OP. I just ordered this for my Monkey along with other supporting mods (intake, exhaust). Where does this connect to the bike? Is it under the seat? Forgive the noob question but I'm totally new to flashing motorcycles.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by horheyortega View Post
    Thanks for the post OP. I just ordered this for my Monkey along with other supporting mods (intake, exhaust). Where does this connect to the bike? Is it under the seat? Forgive the noob question but I'm totally new to flashing motorcycles.
    The diagnostic port is under the lid with key that is on the left side of the bike, the one that says Monkey

is Newly minted honda enthusiast

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariusz View Post
    The diagnostic port is under the lid with key that is on the left side of the bike, the one that says Monkey
    Thanks a bunch. I was about to start removing the battery and other things to find it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links